Oil in radiator...

... in my '97 Plymouth Neon Highline, AT, 2.0L 4 cyl. I immediately thought "bad head gasket" and have had a couple of other people suggest
that. But my oldest son says that would cause the *opposite* (i.e. water in the oil). He says it could be a bad water pump seal. What do you guys think?
Forgive my posting this to the truck NG. But this is a busier NG than alt.autos.dodge - and I've gotten some valuable input here before (regarding a Dakota).
TIA,
Karl
Ka-POP! wrote:

Trans cooler would be my guess. Easy to check. Grab some of the mix and put a couple drops on a clean sheet of paper. What color is it?
Amber-Black = engine oil Pink-Red = trans fluid
--
Steve W.
(\___/)
On 12/31/10 2:31 PM, Steve W. wrote:

Black and amber it is. Guess I'm looking at a bad head gasket after all. Thanks,
Karl
Don't jump to conclusions. Pressure test cooling system, check for combustion residue in coolant.
-- Pete Arnold
This e-mail from Peter Arnold and any attachments to it are confidential to the intended recipient and may also be uncensored. If you have received it in error please consult your religious adviser. If you are not the intended recipient, why have you read this far? Please do not staple, spindle or otherwise mutilate this document, doing so may damage your screen. All communications may be subject to interception or monitoring by the men in black helicopters for security purposes. Please rely on your own swine flu virus checking as the sender cannot accept any liability for any damage arising from any bug or virus infection. These are cheap and quick diagnoses for major work.On 12/31/2010 12:31 PM, Ka-POP! wrote: