Oil Pressure problem or sensor?

I have a 1998 Larame SLE with a 12 valve cummins and a standard trans................. A week after I drove the truck off the lot when it was brand new, the oil pressure alarm started coming on. I took it to the
Dodge boys and a new sensor was installed on warranty. Now 100 thousand kilometers later (aprox 60 thousand miles), I have the oil pressure alarm come on as pull into the driveway, usually after taking a long trip on the highway.... Is there a way to test the sensor? I really don't beleive that the truck is actually losing oil pressure. The engine runs great.
Does the cummins have sensor problems ?.... I have been googling this topic and find I'm not the only one... Thanks...Jim

I assume you've checked the oil level on the dipstick, and made sure it's full?

Easiest way is to hook up a mechanical pressure gauge. There should be some 1/8"NPT fittings on the oil filter housing.