Oil Pressure Sending Unit for a '87 Dodge Ram 100, 318 V8

Threaded View

I am trying to find the Oil Pressure Sending Unit on a 318 V8 engine in an
'87 Dodge Ram 100.  It has a history of problems with the Oil Pressure
Gauge fluctuating for no apparent reason.  After replaceing the Oil Pan
Gasket there are no more apparent oil leaks, but it is still reading low
or no pressure.  Does anyone know where the sending unit enters the engine
block so I can check that and possibly replace it.

Re: Oil Pressure Sending Unit for a '87 Dodge Ram 100, 318 V8

 He has a gauge so a different sending unit.  IIRC, a 7/16"open end wrench
fits the unit.  Getting to the unit with the wrench is a bit of a
problem...it's tight back there.

Site Timeline