Oil Pressure Sensor 2001 2500 Diesel

I wonder if someone would point me in the general direction to find the oil pressure sender on a 2001 2500 diesel. I just don't see it.
My problem is the gauge runs fine, then will suddenly drop to zero and
check gauges comes on. If i immediately shut the truck off and restart the pressure returns to normal, then it will drop to zero again in a few minutes (quickly, like you turned off the electricity). I figure it's the sender and can replace that myself, if I can only find it!!
Thanks! Gladys.

The sender is on the driver's side of the block, just below the ECM. It's got a three-wire connector on it.