oil viscosity

Page 3 of 3
LOL, LMFAO. Stop it, I gonna pee.

Oops. ! . .

Kar wrote:

My 2001 Ram Owner's Manual covers the 3.9L V-6, the 5.2L and 5.9L V-8s, and the 8.0L V-10.
Page 195 says "SAE 10W-30 engine oil is preferred for use in all Dodge trucks."
There's a chart showing 10W-30 for temperatures of 0 degrees F. to beyond 100 degrees F. 5W-30 is for 32 degrees F. and below. The two viscosities overlap between 0 and 32.
Ignore azwiley1's bad and harmful advice about using 10W-40.
I use conventional 10W-30 in my 5.2, either Castrol or Valvoline. Eastern U.S. paraffin-base oils (e.g. Pennzoil and Quaker State) reportedly gum up engines according to folks that refer to them as "varnish", like in "I wouldn't put that varnish in my engine."
Synthetic oil was developed for hellishly hot turbine engines, like in your Beechcraft King Air. It's "better" oil, but likely a waste of money in your piston engine.
--
mean people suck

OK-I have to spill my guts. I put 3.9. It's 5.9. I saw a first on usenet in another reply where someone admitted making a mistake. After reading my own sorry excuse for a post, I'm admitting one too. You folks have a very interesting group going here and I like it. Lots of good info just on this post so please keep passing the knowledge. I don't know what's going on with the burger joints but I will find out. Also, good info about the oil. Thanks again.
On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 06:14:39 -0400, Kar wrote:

you don't want to find out about white castle...a overstuffed rabbit (I'm being kind mind you Denny) will want to take you there. and you don't want to try to digest, much less ingest that stuff. trust me.
<GBMFG>
Chris
05 CTD