? on RAM 2500 Brakes

Ram 2500 4WD CTD 160k miles Recently brakes are grabbing, probably on only one wheel. It seems to pretty much go away after driving a while. I believe these are anti-lock brakes. Can the average brake shop work on
these, or is a dealer a good idea?
Thanks, Bill
forgot to mention, the truck seems to roll freely in neutral, so I don't think one wheel has the cylinders stuck. It seems more like a proportioning valve (if the truck has one) is putting all the flow to one wheel.

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 12:46:47 GMT, "bill allemann"

The proportioning valve works from back to front not left to right. I would check for sticky calipers because I have seen them stick in all brands with age as the pads wear and the puck expands and contacts a corroded area in bore. Sometimes you can get more life out of them by installing new pads and forces pucks back into bores were there is no corrosion and not let pads wear down to point it sticks. The only real fix though is replacing them if they are sticking. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

putting
If it has rear drum brakes, he may have a leaky rear seal and oil on the shoes. That's closer to what he's describing. Easy to check, just look at the back side of the rear tires and wheels.
Al

Good point :) ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
Calibers can usually be rebuilt.

On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 21:37:06 -0400, "Ted"
Not if bores are defective or damaged as mine were. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 12:46:47 +0000, bill allemann wrote:

What year is this truck? if its a 2nd generation truck then it has drum brakes in the rear. if only one wheel is sticking on the rear axle you may want to check for oil contamination on the rear brakes. axle seals do go bad over time and can leak rear axle lube into the brake drums.
Chris
05 CTD
sorry, forget to say 2001 model year.

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 12:37:00 GMT, "bill allemann"

Yes to both of your questions.