Opinions on 2001 & 2002 Durangos

Hello, i am looking real close at a 2001 SLT plus, with 24000mi, and a 2002 R/T with 36000mi. I am hearing alot about ball joint, rear end, transmission, AC, And
brake problems with these SUV's, is there any truth or are they just internet rumors. Can anyone let me know what i should look for before i step up and buy one.
Thanks
Ball joints were replaced under a recall. The previous owner should have taken care of that if they're at all competent. I have heard about any other issues. My '02 has been great. No probs.

If the R/T is in good shape and you don't mind spending some money on gas, it's a blast to drive. It's got the 360 and I believe a 3.92 limited slip rear as well.
Joe Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC Calypso Green '93 Mustang 5.0 hatch with a few goodies