OT

Bush is a lying sack of crap. I can't believe I voted for that loser. How many more of our men and women will have to die due to that faked intel about weapons of mass destruction. But hey, at least his oil buddies are
getting richer every day. Too bad I'm not one of them.
Now this I gotta save to show a liberal I know . . .
Thanks!
Budd
<A lot was snipped due to news server restrictions>

BushBaby wrote:

The important thing is to never admit you have made a mistake.
JAM

How
are
And the current administration is a master at that skill.

TBone wrote:

No different than any other administration. They're all politicians.

Yet another complete BS answer from you. It is not that they lie, but what they lie about and continue to do so and this administration has taken the lead here.

TBone wrote:

You forget that Clinton and his administration said the very same things you now accuse this administration of lying about. What you suffer from is pure political biased hatred and nothing more. You're a hypocrite at its worst.

what
the
The difference is that when Clinton was saying it, it was to some degree true and we didn't go into an endless war over it. The fact is that Bush said that he KNEW they existed and that Saddam was an immediate threat to this country and it was all complete bullshit. And when the inspectors said that they couldn't find anything, he still rushed us in there completely unprepared before the American people completely turned against his idiotic plans that included no exit strategy at all. Hell, we still don't have a valid one and we never will.

LOL, sorry Miles, but that is complete BS and with his approval rating (if you can call it that anymore) around 37%, it appears that I am not alone in my opinion. The only one between us with the political bias here is you which is obvious by your actions. Anytime someone points out one of his screwups, all you do is scream others just hate him for political reasons instead of just seeing the truth.

I would rather be seen as a hypocrite over an idiot like you are making yourself look here.

TBone wrote:

Clinton bombed the heck out of Iraq. Afterwords the UN inspectors did fine remaining intact WMD's that were tagged and the buildings sealed. When they returned the seals were broken and WMD's gone. Saddam did not mention them in his UN ordered declaration. We don't know what happened to them but I'd rather go in and make sure than to believe Saddam destroyed them. He did no such thing. If he had done so he would have followed UN orders to have such destruction UN witnessed. It would have helped Saddam yet he didn't do that.

On the day Clinton left office he stated the very same thing. After the war began Clinton once again stated that on the day he left office Saddam had WMD's.

Funny how you tout polls when they support your belief, only to scoff at them when they do not. Do not forget that those same polls ask many questions. One is regarding who do people feel more comfortable with in fighting terrorism...Bush and Reps or a Democrat. The polls are over 50% in favor of Bush. You did read the entire poll results and not just the 37% figure right?

Are you really this dumb. He would do no such thing. The last thing any bully would ever do is admit that he is defenseless and that is very much exactly what he was and nothing more. Bullies also don't pick on people bigger than they are since most of them are also friggen cowards and that is also exactly what he was.

Who cares what Clinton said, he was not the one in charge at the time. It is time you stopped falling back on your distortions of what Clinton did or did not do and accept the fact that Bush is completely responsible for his own actions. He is the one in charge now and the responsibility falls completely on his sholders, not Clinton or either party for that matter.

(if
Those polls also state clearly that well over half of those same American people do not approve of the way he is handling the war either and that he is not trustworthy. Funny how you once again spin simple facts into some distorted type of left wing hatred and did it in the post immediately after I stated that you do this very thing.

or
Shouldn't some of the blame be shared with those who provided bush with bad information ? I know we can still blame him for using it...
Furthermore, do you have pre-war evidence supporting Sadam's claim that he didn't have WMD's ?
wrote in message news:AC6ff.1052

It
his
bad
Not at all. If you are going to use it to go to war, you had better be damn sure that it is still valid and that was not done. Actually, when the reports started comming in that indicated that it may be no longer valid, he rushed us in there anyway.

The whole premise of our legal system is innocent until proven guilty so unless you find some (and we didn't)....

he
I'm simply saying that there was no evidence at hand before the war that there were no WMDs in iraq. Therefore, deciding not to disarm sadam would have been unsuported. In fact there were 13+ un resolutions and plenty of evidence supporting an invasion. If there never were weapons in Iraq, we should blame those who told our administration there were weapons. No president can do everything. This is in addition to assigning blame to bush.
TBone wrote:

Are you really this dumb? Why in the heck would Saddam destroy his WMD's that were known to exist? If it was to appease the UN then he would have allowed them to verify their destruction. Per what you say he would not do that....then why would he destroy them at all?

lol, if over 1/2 feel he is handling the war poorly yet they still feel he is a better choice than a dem, what does that say about the dems? They're even worse according to the polls!
"miles" < snipped-for-privacy@nopers.com> wrote in message

And while George was being all polictically correct and trying to build a coalition of the "bought off," Saddam had plenty of time to do this. And if you'll recall Gulf War 1, he moved some of his best MIGs to Iran who refused to return them after the war.
http://www.2la.org/syria/iraq-wmd.php
A senior Syrian journalist reports Iraq WMD located in three Syrian sites
AFP
Nizar Nayuf (Nayyouf-Nayyuf), a Syrian journalist who recently defected from Syria to Western Europe and is known for bravely challenging the Syrian regime, said in a letter Monday, January 5, to Dutch newspaper "De Telegraaf," that he knows the three sites where Iraq's Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) are kept. The storage places are: Iraq's WMD locations in Syria click for images of Iraq's WMD location in Syria
-1- Tunnels dug under the town of al-Baida near the city of Hama in northern Syria. These tunnels are an integral part of an underground factory, built by the North Koreans, for producing Syrian Scud missiles. Iraqi chemical weapons and long-range missiles are stored in these tunnels.
-2- The village of Tal Snan, north of the town of Salamija, where there is a big Syrian air force camp. Vital parts of Iraq's WMD are stored there.
-3-. The city of Sjinsjar on the Syrian border with the Lebanon, south of Homs city.
Nayouf writes that the transfer of Iraqi WMD to Syria was organized by the commanders of Saddam Hussein's Special Republican Guard, including General Shalish, with the help of Assif Shoakat , Bashar Assad's cousin. Shoakat is the CEO of Bhaha, an import/export company owned by the Assad family.
In February 2003, a month before America's invasion in Iraq, very few are aware about the efforts to bring the Weapons of Mass Destruction from Iraq to Syria, and the personal involvement of Bashar Assad and his family in the operation. Nayouf, who has won prizes for journalistic integrity, says he wrote his letter because he has terminal cancer.
"Dear Nizar.
We received confirmations that the Iraqi weapons, which were moved to Syria by the help of General Zoul-Himla Chalich are now hidden in three places inside Syria:
First place: a tunnel dug in the mountain close to the Al-Badah village, which is roughly two kilometers from Misyaf village. This place is under the 489 Safety cipher Documents' office control .
Second place: the factory of the Air Armed Forces in the village of Tal Sinan, between the town of Hama and Salamiyyah. This factory is under the Air Force control.
Third place: the location of Shinsar, 40 kilometers south of Homs, two kilometers east of the Homs - Damascus road. There are underground tunnels there, controlled by Brigade 661 of the armed air Forces. It is a Brigade of air Patrol. The tunnels are several tens of meters deep.
The weapons were transported in large wooden cases and barrels, under the supervision of the General Zoul-Himla Chalich and the son of his brother Assef, who works at Al-Bachaer company.
The company is owned by the Assad family and has offices in Beirut, Damascus and Baghdad.
This company also undertook the illegal Iraqi oil importation in Syria, and supplied weapons to Saddam. I will try to send you all the new information as i get .
Take care and be safe."
http://washingtontimes.com/national/20041028-115519-3700r.htm
Photos point to removal of weapons
By Bill Gertz THE WASHINGTON TIMES
U.S. intelligence agencies have obtained satellite photographs of truck convoys that were at several weapons sites in Iraq in the weeks before U.S. military operations were launched, defense officials said yesterday. The photographs indicate that Iraq was moving arms and equipment from its known weapons sites, said officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity. According to one official, the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, known as NGA, "documented the movement of long convoys of trucks from various areas around Baghdad to the Syrian border."

If you'll recall, Saddam declared all the interesting areas "Palaces" and forbid entry.
>he still rushed us in there completely

And what was the exit stategy in post WWII Japan? Do you know how many years we were there? No you don't, but I'll give you time to look it up so you can pretend you knew.

Bush
if
refused
tunnels.
there.
Since when do two trucks make a convoy.

And after we entered anyway, most of them were in fact what he said. Oh, thats right, the Russians hid them, LOL.

so
Did we start the war with Japan? Ill give you time to look that up.

miles wrote:

So true, so true.
JAM

But he is the only one that counts now.
With the rest of this senseless riff-raff snipped, with the exception of Clinton, not a damn one of the people you misquoted had the power to do anything and with the right wing spin created after 9/11 most of them had no choice but to spout this crap or risk being branded as a traitor. But even including Clinton, how many of our mes and women did he get killed in a useless war based on lies?

no
even
These are accurate quotes, many date back before bush took office. And it also seems the democrats had no backbone if they were afraid of speaking the thruth (which is they didn't want to send troops into Iraq). Furthermore, most of congress voted to go to war and voted again to boost funding. I wish we were out of there as much as teh next guy, but I'm not about to blame one person.