OT- a deal that shouldn't be passed up

So everyone that reads the bible and practices Christianity believes the same way? The way YOU believe they should live?

Reply to
miles

Again I ask, do all those who worship the bible lead their lives exactly the same? Obviously you have one interpretation of the Bible and believe all Christians are supposed to adhere to that belief.

Reply to
miles

Oh, I see. John, the hypocrisy is only obvious to you because you don't know as much as you think you know.

Jesus said He came to set a Sword, His followers. He said He would set brother against brother. He taught that those that think they know all the answers would find that they know less than they thought they did.

He drove out the money changers . . .Jews, btw, and at one point told the Disciples to sell what they had and buy a sword for their journeys.

He ridiculed and insulted the religious leaders ( Thou fools! You vipers, hypocrites! have you never read . . .?).

And the word "Christian" means to "be like Jesus". So if I insult you to make a point, or ridicule you or don't go around like a little sterotypical, pacifistic sheep, afraid of his own shadow, then I am also being like Jesus.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

MANDATES???? Jesus mandated that all who reject Him will go to Hell also.

The funny part is that, as an atheist, you have no jurisdiction over me. No authority to tell me what kind of life I should live.

Why? BECAUSE EITHER YOU REJECT ALL OF GOD'S WORD OR YOU ACCEPT IT ALL. And since you rejected the "brainwashing", you reject God and the Bible. It doesn't apply to you and you are not in a position of belief to be able to tell me what it means.

Curiously enough, the reverse is allowed by Scripture, that you will be judged, on the Day of Judgement, for how you treat Christians, Jews and your fellow man.

Btw, put the verses back into context and you find it's a teaching for believers concerning a restriction on them to not judge other believers . . . and since you're not a believer. . .

Can you imagine a Creator without a sense of humor? Look at the Platypus.

Unlike you, I believe that Jesus laughed and teased with His Disciples and shared happy moments with them. Remember, Jesus was fully God and fully Man.

Who would want to follow a leader that went around looking like he was weaned on a pickle.

John, I find it absolutely incredible that you rejected God, His Word then try to apply this Psalm to me when it applies, as well if not more, to you.

Are you without sin? Are you qualified to throw the stone? Are you authorized by God to sit in judgement?

John Kunkel, another of a long line of atheistic hypocrites that seek to force Christianity into a neat little package that he no longer has to face . . . .or fear.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Yes, they are, it's called the Bible. To reject the Bible is to reject the proof, so you refuse Truth.

Btw, I was commenting on my saying the post was a joke as the truth he rejected, John, not my beliefs.

No, you profess to not follow anything . . .must be hard to know where you're headed . . .

The Bible is also laced with verses that say you will burn in Hell forever, you are a sinner, and that you are not a person that I have to take any instruction from (in fact, it says to drive the false teachers from the city).

Nope. It was a joke based on a social structure that allowed an offer of cows and goats for a contract marriage. However, only you liberals are the ones offended it seems. Figures.

According to whom? You? A NON-BELIEVER!?!?!?!?!

ROTFLMBO!!!!!

No, it's also in the book you reject until you think it fits your liberal agenda.

Then you are hypocrite because you only accept the Bible WHEN IT SUITS YOUR LIBERAL PURPOSE.

At least I accepted the verses that told me I was going to Hell if I didn't accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Wrong, John. It's your blind, unbelieving interpretation of selected verses that you manipulate out of context to try and destroy Christian beliefs and the credibility of the Bible, a book YOU REJECTED.

And all your doing is showing you don't know as much as you think.

Or did you miss the verse, " THOU FOOL!!! Take the beam from Thine own eye before you remove the splinter from thy brother's."

Get right with Jesus then you can "correct" me.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Christianity is what it is Miles. While there may be some variation in the formalities and customs, the way others should be treated pretty much remains the same

Reply to
TBone

Sorry Budd, but saying someone is worth less than what you said they were is not a joke, it is a judgement.

No, I seem to have to defend everything but with the political climate in this group...

What does what I do have to do with you? I don't claim to be a the great God fearing person that you do.

And you think what you said about Ms Clinton (not the initial offer but what YOU said she was worth) was not a judgment?!?!? When you put yourself on a pedestal, then expect to be judged.

I have no idea but it isn't me. Do I think that the current president is an idiot that really screwed up, yes. But I also voted for Reagan and Bush senior (the first time) and if this president would have done anything worth a damn in his first term, I probably would have voted for him as well. As for a simple joke, that is complete bullshit. If all you would have said was what the person origionally offered for her hand, that would have been funny and if you would have asked for change there, it probably still would have been funny but you went way beyond that and you know it.

Unlike you Budd, I don't do that. The current administration is a screwup, just like Carter was but I don't say the damn right or damn conservatives every time I get mad at something like you do with the left.

Incorrect.

Time to do a little self advice following here Budd.

PKB, Budd. If it is ok for you to say what you want about anyone you want to then the same goes for me and everyone else for that matter. The problem here Budd is doing this shows a complete lack of class. While it is not my athority to say what is and is not funny in the world, this is a public forum and if I feel like posting an opinion to something somebody writes here, I have every right to do just that. If you don't like it, don't read it.

That is not always true but just like you feel the need to post these attacks (and that is exactly what it was) then expect a response to them sometimes.

Reply to
TBone

Sez who? You? John?

Guess what ,Tom, the Bible says that non-Christians have no authority over Christians, nada, none. In fact, we are told to avoid them when it comes to doctrines and beliefs lest they corrupt the faith. This also includes those that belong to already corrupted sects.

So, until you give proof you are a Christian, you might as well shut up. . . . but then, your actions aren't how a Christian would correct another believer either. . . .oops.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

You do it to me regularly.

To find excuses to be allowed to do something is justification, to find valid reasons is defense. You give only excuses. . . .and whines.

No, Tom, it's what does it have to do with you? Answer; everything. You are so quick to correct others but even quicker to find excuses for your actions. Straighten yourself out before you chastise others.

Look who's talking. You have yet to show any evidence of being Christian, yet you elevate yourself to a pedstal over all Christians and seek to judge me.

Did you know that is the same sin Lucifer commited?

Ah, yes, the highly selecive liberal memory.

Since you have been so incredibly anti-conservative, you'll understand if I laugh my head off in derision at this unprovable claim.

Well, like I said, and you proved the fact, you rejected the truth.

Thank you for cutting your own credibility to shreds.

No, Tom, I was being myself. It's who I am. Denny, for one, will tell you I'm a bit zany in person and I have the same personality here.

Do you?

Yes you do, but to cut and paste would waste too much bandwidth. But you would deny it even if I did. . . you have in the past.

Just by saying that you prove it does.

Too bad you don't follow your own advice as well about following the Bible since you want to try and force me into a stereotypical mold based on some verses taken out of context . . . the Bible says in Romans that no one is worthy of Heaven, all are sinners and without Jesus you will go to Hell, John 1:1 says that Jesus is God, The Gospels confirm He was the sacrifice for our Sins . . .or did you rip those parts out of your Bible?

HUH??? It's never stopped you from calling people names has it? Tom, you are the prime example of someone that degrades others without conscience, without moral value.

Tom, take these damnable references to "class" and shove them. Who decides the qualifications to be in that "class"?? You? Then I am praising God that I AM NOT IN YOUR "CLASS".

Putting people in classes is bigotous, hateful, illegal in this country, and just plain wrong.

Heck, I don't meet the qualifications anyhow, I'm poor white trailer trash, remember (based on some of your comments about poor people, trailer dwelling and such)? Bigot.

Now, if you mean I don't meet some etherial social standard of yours, good. It means I'm still a gentleman of the old school which means you are told what you needed to hear, not what you want to hear. It means you'll always get the truth even if it hurts. It means I'll open doors for ladies and protect children. It means that if you need blood, I'll offer mine even if you are my worst enemy.

Because, Tom, that is being Christian. Your "class" crap doesn't apply here, as you've demonstrated so many times withn your name calling and profanity.

Finally, you got something right. Not spelling, just your position.

And I have the right to tell you to stuff your opinion and to defend (yes, DEFEND) myself against your claims I'm a liar, and not a Christian ( based on your references to out-of-context verses).

Tom, I know it won't do any good to tell you to not read or reply if you don't like a post, but you will, so I won't say it. You did have the same option, you know.

So why do YOU get all bent out of shape when someone, like Miles, comments on one of your politically motivated clap-trap posts?

Talk about someone that can't follow their . . .( sarcasm mode at Warp Factor 2000) oh, that's right, it applies only to others, not you. You're above such imperfection.

( Back to sub-sarcasm mode)

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Side step the issue all you want, one does not have to believe in the Bible to read it and to recognize when a Bible-thumper has ignored the teachings there.

Absolutely not, sin (by your definition) is what I live for. I dismiss the premise that one must be sin free to to point out hypocrisy among avowed Christians.

Once again I will point out the simple fact that "judgement" has nothing to do with the subject; you have violated the clearly written (and in context) principals set forth in the Bible.

You need to consult a dictionary before tossing around words like "hypocrisy". Since I have no beliefs I can't be guilty of trespassing on those beliefs; unlike you and your ilk who spout Chrisianity and violate the basics of it on a daily basis.

Reply to
John Kunkel

If an individual claims to adhere to a religion (Christianity) and the basis of that religion is set forth in a publication (the Bible) and an individual violates the premise therein, he is by definition not adhering to his own beliefs. Pointing out this simple fact, in no way, constitutes "telling a Christian how he is supposed to behave"; the Bible tells a Christian how he is supposed to behave.

Reply to
John Kunkel

And yetyou miss the other parts of what "being Christian" consist of...by choice, apparently.

Yes, but you chose to ignore my point, that you, an avowed atheist, have no authority to judge me from a book you disbelieve and reject. If you don't like the Bible and the fact it tells you that you are going to Hell, then why do you pick parts of it out? Just because it suits your purpose? How liberal of you, John . . .wrong, but liberal.

As the Bible says, you can tell me all you want how terrible a Christian you percieve me to be, but until you become a Christian, you have no authority to teach ANYONE from the Bible.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

No, you do not have to believe it to read it, but you have to believe in it's Author to understand it.

You do not understand it.

I see, so by your own admission you are an evil person . . .which means you are a hypocrite for trying to teach that you refuse to practice.

"Professing to be wise, they made themselves fools." As an atheist, the more you claim to know the Bible, the more hypocritical you become, the more foolish you act.

Why? I have you and Tom as living examples.

So you see an atheist teaching from the Bible as OK? ROTFLMBO!!!!!

That is probably the dumbest, most foolish thing you could have said, John. Because the book you're teaching from tells me to not listen to you because you are an unbeliever.

Can't you get that thru your head? I REJECT YOUR TEACHING FROM THE BIBLE AND YOUR SELF-PROCLAIMED AUTHORITY BECAUSE IT IS NOT ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURE.

Budd

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Enlighten me. Apparently, the "other parts" consist of proclaiming one's Christianity on forums.

Picking those parts of the Bible that suit you is so Christian. The "L" word again. How Christian of you.

"Teaching" isn't my goal, pointing out hypocrisy is and one need not join the mob to do that.

Reply to
John Kunkel

Oh, I am to deny my faith . . hide it under a bushel as it says in Matthew? Read the rest of the chapter, John.

I decided a long time a go that if being Christian were declared illegal I wanted to be thge first one arrested, tried and convicted.

Look again, John. Mine are in context and are supported by the Bible (a believer is authorized to teach unbelievers from the Scriptures, you are not.)

The only hypocrite is you for teaching from a book you don't believe in. I would not teach from Darvin's book of lies, so why do you use the Bible?

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Show any violation of context in the Biblical passages I posted. You keep using the word "teaching"; pointing out hypocrisy isn't "teaching from the Scriptures". Try a new line.

Suppose I see an avowed Christian banging his next door neighbor's wife in full view of dozens of people in a public park. Is it "teaching" to point out that he is in violation of the sixth and ninth commandment? Is pointing out the obvious violation "passing judgement"? "Passing judgement" would be condemning the behavior, not pointing it out.

Reply to
John Kunkel

But you do? Buwahahahahaha!!! Cochran, Cochran; all hail the prophet. (With apologies to Spencer Tracy, et al)

Jeez, Budd, get off the "teach" rhetoric. You have no defense for your hypocrisy; admit it.

Show, in lengthy detail, how any or all the Biblical passages I quoted can be understood so they don't relate to your Chelsea Clinton joke. Even your born again bretheren have condemned you.

For lack of a defense try an offense, works every time.

Actually, you reject my so called "teaching" because you can't defend against it.

Reply to
John Kunkel

If you had simply called me a hypocrite, that would have been pointing percieved hypocrisy.

When you went to the Bible and decided to assume an authority you did not have, you made it teaching.

First thing right off the bat, a true believing Christian, unless decieved by Satan ( we are still Human) would not commit breaches of those Commandments.

Secondly, since you are an athiest, what does it matter to you what anyone of any other belief does?

However, since a sexual act in public would be a violation of probably several PUBLIC laws, you could dial 911 and put it in the hands of those in authority, the cops.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Obviously, the word "teach" has a different meaning for you. To teach is to educate, since you are already a self-proffessed expert on the Bible my quotes don't amount to teaching. If I quoted the first sentence of Moby Dick and you had already read it would that be "teaching"? No, that would be quoting with no intent to increase one's knowledge.

So, only non-Christians commit adultery? In truth, the majority of those who do it would undoubtedly describe themselves as Christians but would rationalize their behavior in some way.

Enough of this circular rhetoric, let's cut to Le' Chase. Kindly answer the following questions for me and the others on the forum:

1)Do you believe your statement in the original post.... "I don't think she could be worth more than a couple pigs and a rat, but only if they offer change back.".. is a denigrating statement? Yes/no.

If you don't believe the statement is denigrating to Ms. Clinton, explain why not. If you acknowledge the statement is demeaning, explain why such behavior is acceptable for an avowed Christian.

2)Why do you believe this sentence from Psalm 15 doesn't apply to your statement about Ms. Clinton?

"He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart and has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong."

Do you believe your statement wasn't slanderous and that that slander didn't do your neighbor wrong? Yes/no.

If you believe the statemant doesn't fall under the definition of slander explain why. If you acknowledge that the statement is slanderous, explain why Psalm 15 doesn't accurately describe the slanderous action as unrighteous. Don't give me the old "the Bible must be taken as a whole" bullshit, you have quoted individual verses quite often in this thread. And don't try the old "an atheist has no authority to quote the Bible" bullshit either, try a straight answer without the usual subterfuge.

Reply to
John Kunkel