OT, Audi Vs Tree

I can see the add now.. "Audi for sale, Low miles, small dent in bumper, half off... Both front and rear halves available"
http://www.socalrider.net/2005/Audi_vs_Tree/

Where did ya find those pic's?
Roy

I honestly have no idea where they originally came from, I got them on one of those FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:FW: type emails from a friend of mine. THere was no information with the pix. about 20 minutes on google finds a little information on the pix... a lot of mention of 90KPH. (54MPH?? ) Its amazing just how strong trees are.

was
of
54 mph and the car was ripped in half?

Doesnt make sence to me ether. Thats the only speed number I have found on this. Im thinking that number came from the picture of the dash, the speedo still says 90.

THere
lot
speedo
when i was on the FD i worked a lot of accidents involving guard rails, bridge pillars, trees, ect. on the interstate. never did i see a car torn like that one was. im guessing 54 is a low est. 90 sounds a little more like it.

In one of the pix, it shows the speedo frozen at 90... so its just a question of English, or Metric??

Since it happened in Portugal it is probably in km's.
Roy

found
torn
i didnt notice the speedo in the pic. i knew there was one of the dash but didnt look close enough to see if you could read it.

I does look like KM but if you think about it I'm sure the speedo dropped as they were sliding sideways. No way thay happened at that low of a speed.

hmm.. no side impact air bags, for sure...
looks like 2 people took their last ride..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
More info on this site: http://timeslips.bootnetworks.com/a3tree /