OT Beware of this guy!!

It would seem that our do nothing, mia gov is serious about running for president. He has to have been the most ineffective person we have had in that position.
Roy
Roy wrote:

Well put --
He makes Dukakis look like a champ!
heh heh
Jon wrote:

Boy I disagree with that! "Miracle of Massachusetts"???
Romney hasn't done too bad given he has no ability to do anything that the nearly fully Democratic legislature doesn't want.
I can't believe MA has had Republican governors all this time since Dukakis! A fully Democratic federal delegation of Senators and Reps and I think about 27 or 29 Republicans in a 200+ member legislature. Why Republican governors???
Now there won't be a Republican governor to blame for everything that goes wrong. The legislature may want Romney back.
He can't win the Prez though. Just what the nation isn't too inclined to accept: yet another Presidential candidate from Massachusetts!
SMH

He hasn't done a damn thing! He didn't move on the Big Dig until the friggin' roof fell and killed that girl.
He has been out of state more than he has been here. I guess that would explain why he has done nothing.

Look at the beating his Lt. Gov. took in her race for gov.. She couldn't get away from him quick enough.
Roy

Roy wrote:

He tried to get rid of the head of the Big Dig at least twice earlier. Both times over-ruled by the legislature.
It took the roof collapse and the death of someone before the legislature finally agreed to dump him (after a nice payoff of course). All the various Massachusetts "authorities" and "commissions" (Lottery Commission, Port Authority, Turnpike Authority, etc.) are independent of the governor. The legislature has to agree to fire someone in those positions, and they wouldn't.

Well sure, he's running for President.
He could have run for the governorship again and had it to fall back on if he didn't get the presidency. Dukakis did the same thing and he was a non-Governor for longer time I'd say.
At least Romney has given up the governorship to run for President rather than running for both. You don't think Hillary *really* intends to be NY Senator for another 6 years do you?
It's rare to non-existent for a pol in an existing job to *resign* to run for something else. Kerry ran for President only a couple years into his current senate term. He wasn't around the state much then, and here in Western Mass, we rarely see any MA governor or Senator outside of an election period.

Yet most pundits were saying if he stood for re-election, he probably would have won! I think he would have too.
SMH
wrote in message

He didn't need to get rid of Fat Matt to take control. Note he appointed Cogliano and then took control.

I don't care, I don't live in NY

That's a good thing
and here in Western Mass, we rarely see any MA governor

Are you complaining?

No way!! He would have used the same play book and gotten his ass kicked. Perhaps not as bad as KH, but kicked nontheless.
Roy

Roy wrote:

It's rather annoying to only have politicians interested in an entire area during election time, only to forget the area even exists once in office out in Boston.
Boston area inhabitants have a long history of thinking there is nothing worthwhile in the state farther west of I-95/128. It's nothing new, but too bad that our state political leaders seem to feel pretty much the same way.
I'm in favor of succession!
SMH
wrote in message and here in

I lived in Greenfield for about 10 years while in grade school. Real nice area.
Roy
wrote in message and here in

No Denny, I wasn't in grade school all 10 years!! <G>
Roy
wrote in message and here in

The wabbit is slow today..... another missed "opportunity"!
;^)
Mike

wrote in message and here in

I just got a email from wide ride, he's around. Or rather he's round.<G>
Roy

wrote in message and here in

It really sucks getting old and slow....
Denny
wrote in message and here in

So are to take it that your admitting to being old and slow??
Roy
wrote in message and here in

and fat... don't ferget fat...
;^)
Mike

wrote in message and here

I was tying to be nice to the old and slow guy. But now that you mention it.......... <G>
Roy