OT: Blow Out

Page 2 of 3  


Well, well, the crotch cannibal. What did the Idiot cross his legs and disturb you?
You do know all about trolling don't ya.
Looks like it's time to play proctologist.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

sheryl, you are back. finished getting your nails done?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

great answer. really insightful.

yes, and not knowing anything is an area that you are indeed an expert on.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I was curious as to what his answer would be. As usual he does a drive by with a vague answer and his usual stroll through memory lane
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Screw it! I'm going to beach for swim and watch the ladies!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wed, 16 May 2007 14:30:51 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@whatever.net wrote:

Real troll like responce here...

You must be REALLY threatened by the concept that someone can know a lot especailly since you know so little you do not understand how someone could indeed be so well schooled (it is called college and experiance eduction) and I did R&D work for many years. BTW, if you ever use a GPS (if you are smart enough to use one) I worked on the tail end of the prototype test project for it nearly 30 years ago and A could write you a book about how it actually works even today from memory. (the theory is actually pretty simple in concept if you understand the basic principles envolved but is was a SOB to implement in hardware for many years). Unlike you I come here to spread knowledge without strings or ego concerns because you cannot take it with you. This has got to be a real conflict for a insecure person like yourself. You should embrace knowledge not reject it just because you do not like the source of it.

TheSnoMan.com
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

whew! now that was a stinky run on sentence. you should be very happy that sheryl/steve the boob/comboverboy has taken a "liking" to you or you would be in big trouble.
as far as someone knowing a lot.........that would be a subject that you are not vry familiar with.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Unlike you I come here to spread

Really, you come here to spread knowledge? Care to explain to me where I EVER asked you to preach to me about tires and the possible causes of a blow out? Clue for you, I NEVER did. I posted this, to share an experience, no more no less. You took it upon yourself, just like you did when I asked a question about Cats in the Chevy group to open mouth and spew a lot of shit. These are two perfect examples of times when your dribble is not needed nor wanted, but you just can not help yourself!
Why don't crawl back under your rock, please. If you want to "spread knowledge" do so when it is ASKED for, something you NEVER do, at least in here.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I've stayed away from your last few posts - mainly because they've been correct (and I'm in agreement with you on the tire sidewall flex/heat build-up thing - also in agreement about running bias-ply tires instead of radials on trailers and equipment).
However, you have to realize you've been involved in several instances here of giving out just plain wrong information at times. And more than just giving wrong info. - but refusing to recognize that you were wrong, accept it, admit it, and move on. There was the whole 'cat-con on diesels' thing... your claim (still unproven, by the way) that the Dodge V10 can retard it's ignition timing based on octane rating of the fuel... the whole 'Dodge uses a GM 8.25" R&P in their 8" IFS front axle'... and several others.
Given that, and your staunch refusal to accept the wealth of facts and learned opinions to the contrary, you can't but expect to have developed a reputation of distrust in this group, and that's the backlash that you experience now whenever you offer an opinion.
I have no doubt that you have amassed a good deal of knowledge. You could be the smartest, most educated person in the world... but with the constant holier-than-thou attitude, don't be surprised if no one wants to hear what you have to say.
Please - don't tell me how immature I'm being, or how I'm some kind of troll. Put those defense mechanisms away for a minute, and really think about what's been said.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Ok smart ass.
65 psi cold tire pressure, sitting at 64.5 when I inflated them that morning. No load on the the truck, other then the truck it self. They were a "decent" AT tire. Everything was where and how it should have been.
You know, go fuck yourself and take your preaching with you.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
azwiley1 wrote:

Oh, great! You probably got Berl all hot and bothered with this one. He's probably spankin' off right now to your post.
:-) Craig C.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Let me see if I am following this conviluted way of thinking.
As a tire gets "hot" we know that the A.P increases. This fact is proven in ALL forms of auto racing. Example, NASCAR "underinflates" tires during a pit stop because they know that it will increase as they get hot. By your logic though, contrary to all reputable sources, I should have actually inflated my tires to 71.5 PSI, some 6.5 pounds MORE than the maximum recommended cold PSI of 65? I wonder just what the AP in the tires would have been at the time of the blow out had I followed this logic, never mind the fact that it was over 100 out side and the road was prob close to 150. I would be willing to bet that I would not have been as lucky as I was had I followed your "recommendations"
I think we have yet another PERFECT example of information being given out by Snoman that is extremely dangerous and in this case could cost someone their life. Thanks fuck nuts.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
punkinhead:

Duh. You dipshit, it's a law of physics.

Are you confusing the tire maker's max pressure limit, printed on the tire sidewall, with the vehicle maker's recommended pressure for normal driving? Yes, obviously.

Increase pressure over the vehicle maker's normal recommendation, idiot. Not the max limit set by the tire manufacturer.

--
This explains it ALL!!! He was home schooled and his mommy
made his GES diploma for him out of needle point, to go
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

While true, they do not do this just to avoid exceeding max cold pressure as I'm sure that you know so what exactly does this have to do with the thread in general. .

That is NOT what he said.

A blowout is a blowout so what real difference would 6.5 lbs have made?

If you and Roy for that matter actually bothered to read what he said, you would have seen just as I did that he did say not to exceed maximum rated cold pressure. His actual statement was: " It has long been a normal rule to increase cold tire pressure by about 10% or more for extened high speed driving (up to cold pressure limits of tire) " And he was the one to put the limitation in parentheses so he didn't say to crank up the pressure to dangerous limits. If you are going to attack the guy, at least wait until he gets it wrong or the only one looking like a fool is the one making the attack.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Per his very first post this is EXACTLY what he said, read the damn thing before you start sound more like barrel! As per typical Snojob tactic, when he got called on a statement he chaged it, but you would have seen that if you had read it, just as you say that Roy and I need to. Funny though, you didn't.

First off Tbone, you need to go back and read the entire damn thread, this is NOT the statement that made in his very FIRST post in the thread, these statement were made after Roy got on him.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
punkin:

Too late, punkin. You're not confusing anybody by switching SnoMan's first post with the one you misquoted.
He posted this: "It has long been a normal rule to increase cold tire pressure by about 10% or more for extened high speed driving (up to cold pressure limits of tire)"
Which you manipulated into this: "It has long been a normal rule to increase cold tire pressure by about 10% or more for extened high speed driving"
So you clearly knew you were lying when you wrote: "I think we have yet another PERFECT example of information being given out by Snoman that is extremely dangerous and in this case could cost someone their life."
--
This explains it ALL!!! He was home schooled and his mommy
made his GES diploma for him out of needle point, to go
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Hmmm the tires on the Charger are rated max at 51 psi. Max load 1709 Care to guess what the recomended pressure is? here's that semi word again<G> m/t
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

I have no idea but once again, we are not talking about a car tire, even a specialized one like your Charger uses. The tires on my car are rated at 32lbs and that is what is recommended. My truck actually came with a chart stating different tire pressures depending on the load that they are carrying.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

I thought it was factory recomended pressure and the amount of air added for highway use or higher speed higher than normal. Guess I missed the boat, won't be the first time. Oh, my car tire, recomended 32psi max 51psi . Not a whole lot of difference in pressure compared to a lt. Big difference in speed rateing and load.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

I guess that I am falling way behind on HP tire tech. 51 lbs seems like quite a lot of air for a car tire but I guess that if it is a wide low profile tire.... It looks like when I finally get a new car in the performance area, I should sit down and read the owners manual :-)
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.