OT? Chevy question

Page 2 of 2
On the 95 Blazer, the temp is controlled by by mixing heated air with fresh air, using a series of flaps and doors...all vaccuum controled.
Somewhere you've got a "make and break" vaccuum leak....and good luck
finding it.
The vac motors controlling all this are up under the dash and most often require dash removal to find and replace.....I know, cause I've paid to have it done on my 95 Blazer identical to yours. There is a possibility that the vac switch (controlled by the knob on the dash) may be bad. Remove the dash bezel and 4 screws and pull it out...you'll have access to the vac lines that way, and the switch they plug into.
Good luck.
A vac problem would not change temp, only the location the air was blowing from and/or whether or not the compressor is on (turns it on for defrost)
It COULD determine wether or not outside air is part of the mix, and how much...so that might affect temp ...but only somewhat.

Yeah, that's how the mini-manual I have describes it... except you say it better in a few hundred less words..

That's the depressing feeling that I'm getting...

Hmmm... I'll have to think about that one.... It doesn't seem to change WHERE the air is coming from, like from vent to defrost, just the temperature of the air... It can bee cool outside and the air through the vents can be changing from hot to cool by itself..
I'm starting to wonder if there's a way to just jam the doors or something to keep it on "cool", no matter what the dial/control is turned to??

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
mac davis wrote:

Bypass the heater core or put a manual shutoff valve on one of the heater hoses.
--
Ken

Damn, Ken, that's a great idea! AND something that I can do myself.. lol
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Yup, that and keep the windows down and you'll be fine.<G>
Roy

Hell, winter's over... I actually had the windows open today! Wow... Wind in my hair (that's a lie, what hair?)

I've had the top off since Dec.

Denny

Not bad, not bad at all!<GBMFG>
Roy

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Best weather of the year right now in Baja.. you can tell by all the Gringo tourista's clogging things up..
7:30 pm and it's 73f and 22% humidity.. (we're enjoying it while we can)
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Not here in the summer, bro... pretty warm and a little humid for that..
That was why we bought the Blazer before we moved here, Jeeps don't have AC until you get into the really expensive ones and I'd rather stay on the roads than drive one of those POS Samari's..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

It has been in the 80's with a nice breeze. I fit gets too hot the small top goes on.

AC??? 'Cmon bro, no top, no doors, ya gotta man up a bit. <BFG>

until you get into the really expensive ones and I'd rather stay on the roads than drive one of those POS Samari's..

I guess I outgrew the macho thing a long time ago... Sort of the same time I realized that playing the stereo loud only impressed me.. lol
The Blazer is the daily driver and the one we take to the states.. no way without AC..
I think I have the Dak sold and if so, we'll pay off the Ram and find a beater Jeep for playing and short runs to the cantina's and stuff..
Lot of our friends have rails, quads, Baja bugs, etc. and they use the hell out of them for a few months and then they sit for months at a time.. I'd rather put a few grand into an old Jeep and have real transportation..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

A jeep is always a ongoing project.

Well, it can be, depending on what you start with and what you use it for.. We're not planning on blazing trails or climbing mountains..
We have friends that rock climb or blast across the desert and are always fixing and/or beefing up their Jeeps.. Lots of others start with a reasonably sound Jeep and drive it sanely and mostly on dirt roads and work on them less than a lot of pickups and rails..
mac
Please remove [dot]splinters before emailing