OT? Chevy question

Ah, but the Dodges were before the Blazer... the Dak in 01 and the Ram in 03..

Now, if I could find one of those Ram Chargers or Power Wagons, maybe..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Yeah, that's how the mini-manual I have describes it... except you say it better in a few hundred less words..

That's the depressing feeling that I'm getting...

Hmmm... I'll have to think about that one.... It doesn't seem to change WHERE the air is coming from, like from vent to defrost, just the temperature of the air... It can bee cool outside and the air through the vents can be changing from hot to cool by itself..

I'm starting to wonder if there's a way to just jam the doors or something to keep it on "cool", no matter what the dial/control is turned to??

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Bypass the heater core or put a manual shutoff valve on one of the heater hoses.

Reply to
Nosey

Damn, Ken, that's a great idea! AND something that I can do myself.. lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Yup, that and keep the windows down and you'll be fine.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Hell, winter's over... I actually had the windows open today! Wow... Wind in my hair (that's a lie, what hair?)

Reply to
PeterD

I've had the top off since Dec.

Reply to
Roy

For Gods' sake, put it back on. Think of the poor neighbors...

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Not here in the summer, bro... pretty warm and a little humid for that..

That was why we bought the Blazer before we moved here, Jeeps don't have AC until you get into the really expensive ones and I'd rather stay on the roads than drive one of those POS Samari's..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Best weather of the year right now in Baja.. you can tell by all the Gringo tourista's clogging things up..

7:30 pm and it's 73f and 22% humidity.. (we're enjoying it while we can)

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

But when are you going to take the top off the Jeep, bro?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Not bad, not bad at all!

Roy

Reply to
Roy

It has been in the 80's with a nice breeze. I fit gets too hot the small top goes on.

AC??? 'Cmon bro, no top, no doors, ya gotta man up a bit.

Reply to
Roy

until you get into the really expensive ones and I'd rather stay on the roads than drive one of those POS Samari's..

I guess I outgrew the macho thing a long time ago... Sort of the same time I realized that playing the stereo loud only impressed me.. lol

The Blazer is the daily driver and the one we take to the states.. no way without AC..

I think I have the Dak sold and if so, we'll pay off the Ram and find a beater Jeep for playing and short runs to the cantina's and stuff..

Lot of our friends have rails, quads, Baja bugs, etc. and they use the hell out of them for a few months and then they sit for months at a time.. I'd rather put a few grand into an old Jeep and have real transportation..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

A jeep is always a ongoing project.

Reply to
Roy

Well, it can be, depending on what you start with and what you use it for.. We're not planning on blazing trails or climbing mountains..

We have friends that rock climb or blast across the desert and are always fixing and/or beefing up their Jeeps.. Lots of others start with a reasonably sound Jeep and drive it sanely and mostly on dirt roads and work on them less than a lot of pickups and rails..

mac

Please remove [dot]splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis