OT Concrete cleaning???

Have a concrete walk that leaves were on and stained. Tried to pressure wash but nada. Was moving the concrete. Gotta be some solution to put down first.
Gas didn't move it. Some accidentally spilled so I figured let it soak but nothing. Any thoughts?tia
Roy

the cleaner alone or the etcher/cleaner like you use before you put down concrete paint. either works well on bare concrete. there are also other cleaners commercially avail but I have no experience with these. the etcher/cleaner I used in the garage before I painted the floor worked extremely well, got up the oil dripped from I assume contractors vehicles and the paint is holding well on top of that. I used the H&C products as that was the paint we selected and figured we would stick with the same manufacturer throughout the project.
--
----------------------------
-Chris

Thanks! I'll grab some in the morning.
Roy

Muratic acid works real well too.. Can buy it at HD in the garden section.

Thanks! I don't want to destroy the plants and grass next to the walk so I guess I'll be reading label's too
Roy

The times I have used Muratic, it didn't harm the grass and stuff, but yes, reading the label would be good.

Muriatic acid is just a weak solution of hydrochloric acid and shouldn't hurt vegetation. Another thing you might try is tri-sodium phosphate also available at Home Depot/Lowes... usually labeled as TSP. The brown stain in leaves is caused by tannic acid so if the above do not work you might google tannic acid to see what can clean it. It can be a dickens to get off.... hmmm... now that I think of it, bleach may be effective also.
Good Luck!
Mike

Thanks Mike!! The name of it should help. Bleach will nail the green stuff. Hell, I've some chlorine from the old pool. I wonder....<G>
Roy

I've found that Simple Green is great for cleaning concrete.

I've found that the leaf stains disappear in a couple of months if you get the leaves off. The Maple seeds stain my driveway the worst, but it all fades away fairly quickly. It's the battery acid stains that just won't go away on my drive. Muratic acid just made the concrete surface rougher, didn't phase the stain. JasperP