OT: Digital multimeters

I have owned a Fluke 77 since dirt was new (and before they started putting fuses in them). Putting it across a battery when set up to measure current on the 10A scale (due to brain fade) resulted in melted probe wires. Still, the DMM survived! Bryan

Reply to
Bryan

So... how many amps DO those butt warmers draw, Mike? *g*

Mac

mac davis

You've been catching rabbit shit??

Having had a rabbit when I was a kid and having to clean the cage, I never did eat raisins..

Mac

mac davis

Well Larry, it must not be a fluke, huh??

I've never heard of that brand, not being in the business, but from what I'm hearing now, it's pretty damn inexpensive if you figure how many cheaper meters it will outlast over the years..

Mac

mac davis

You don't deserve it????????????????

Roy

Reply to
Roy

I forgot to switch from amps to volts one time with my 23, then put the leads across a 50 amp, 240 volt circuit! The leads did not melt, they vaporized in a BANG! Replaced the fuse in the meter and it still works! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

You too Mac? Aw, geez......

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Has anyone heard of Mastech meters or a company called Kaito Electronics?

Meters any good if you have heard of them?

Reply to
azwiley1

Chinese. Grainger sells them...

I have UEi and Fluke...

Reply to
CAVHBC

If you need a GOOD digital multimeter I think you need to be looking at FLUKE. Here's a very good but fairly basic model at this link:

Reply to
RamMan