OT: Digital multimeters

Page 2 of 2

Fluke is a good meter. I have a model 23 that is 16 years old. I used it every day for many years, now it is a back up meter as I wanted one with more functions. I have tried other brands and I keep going back to Fluke. I had a couple different UEI meters but they don't hold up for me. The only problem I ever have with Fluke meters is when I drop test them from 20 feet up onto concrete! Damn I hate it when that happens! Greg

will
feet
the fluke didnt pass the drop test? i would have made them warr it! *grin* that IS a industry standard test right....i mean shoot! who doesnt use that one?
--
-Chris
05 CTD

years
I've been using the same Fluke at work for 15 years, and never had a problem. (I wore out one set of leads, and had to replace them.) Very durable meter. You can pick one of their less expensive models and probably never have to buy another one. Then again, you can buy a box load of cheap meters for the same price, but will they work when you really need them? HD
Well, I guess I will have to find a local dealer that carries Flukes and pick up one from the 73/77 series as they have the functionality I need.

azwiley1 wrote:

I've used Fluke meters at work and they are good. If you want one with more of the automotive capabilities you may be interested in the Sunpro CP7680. I've had one for about 15 years and it's still going strong. I got it at Sears and I think it cost about $100 back then. Here is a scan of the box listing the capabilities:
http://i2.tinypic.com/sn2y5g.jpg
--
Ken

I have heard to them, will have too look into them. Thanks man

Well Larry, it must not be a fluke, huh??
I've never heard of that brand, not being in the business, but from what I'm hearing now, it's pretty damn inexpensive if you figure how many cheaper meters it will outlast over the years..

Mac
Has anyone heard of Mastech meters or a company called Kaito Electronics?
Meters any good if you have heard of them?

Chinese. Grainger sells them...
I have UEi and Fluke...

If you need a GOOD digital multimeter I think you need to be looking at FLUKE. Here's a very good but fairly basic model at this link:
<http://us.fluke.com/usen/products/Fluke+12.htm?catalog_name=FlukeUnitedStates&Category=HMASUB