OT-Fair Warning

Page 1 of 2
I now have cable DSL and I cun mek musteaks mush fester naow.
Budd
snipped-for-privacy@precisSPAMcom.net

"Budd Cochran" < snipped-for-privacy@precisSPAMcom.net> wrote in message
Nothing to say, Tom?
VBG
Budd

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 15:09:14 -0700, "Budd Cochran"

tom, gotta ask again, are you the T_Bone from arizona?

Ok, congratulations on your new high speed connection.
"Budd Cochran" < snipped-for-privacy@precisSPAMcom.net> wrote in message
Thanks, Tom.
It's sure nice to download 15 Mb in 15 minutes rather than close to 4 hours!!!
But they don't offer a news server so it's Google groups until I find a good free server.
Budd

Budd, try this in your news client: news.aioe.org
It's a freebie with text-only groups. Not the fastest thing around, but the price is reasonable.
That's one I tried and I couldn't find my groups after 9 PM local time. Too costly for that kind of service. ;^)
Budd

Yea, my sister took the one month free deal from her cable company for high speed internet access and figured that she would say no at the end. I laughed at her and said that once I set it up, she will be hooked and sure enough, the first time she used it, she was. Just remember, this is an always on connection so unless you power your PC on and off after every use, you are vulnerable to attack. If you are using XP, make sure that its firewall is updated and activated and if not, I would suggest that you pick up either some firewall software of a cable router to hide behind.

I was wondering why your responses were without the origional text. Good free servers are hard to find but the one Joe mentioned seems to work ok, although a bit slow.

Yea, my sister took the one month free deal from her cable company for high speed internet access and figured that she would say no at the end. I laughed at her and said that once I set it up, she will be hooked and sure enough, the first time she used it, she was. Just remember, this is an
always on connection so unless you power your PC on and off after every use, you are vulnerable to attack. If you are using XP, make sure that its firewall is updated and activated and if not, I would suggest that you pick up either some firewall software of a cable router to hide behind.

I was wondering why your responses were without the origional text. Good free servers are hard to find but the one Joe mentioned seems to work ok, although a bit slow.
-- If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving
It can be done in Google, by "cut & paste", but it's a bother.
My cable modem has a "standby" switch on top and I can "turn-off" the internet and still have the PC booted.
Budd
Try Supernews, I've been using it with direcway for along time, been ok dale
On 11/16/05 8:58 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "Budd Cochran"

Holy CRAP!!! It worked!! I was at a carnival the other day, and for the hell of it, put a dollar into the 'Zoltar' machine.
:^)
Ya better get your money back then.
"Tom Lawrence" < snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net> wrote in message
I told you to only play the ring toss . . .you stand a better chance with it of getting a prize.
Budd
Uh, Budd, DSL and cable are two different things. You have one or the other.

Yeah, but Budd's also into the whole hybrid thing...
I just ordered what Precis Communications, the local cable entity, advertised it to be.
Budd

http://carboncountychamber.com/highspeeddata.html
They offer "High Sped Internet" over cable, at either 256K/64K or 1024K/256K (that's download speed vs. upload speed). DSL is Digital Subscriber Line, and works over phone lines - not cable. I have DSL here at my place, delivered over one of my phone lines (I have no cable service here worth paying for - satellite for TV). I get 5120K/640K service for $55
I have the 256K/64K for $21.95 since I have basic cable ... $4/mo. than dial-up.
Budd
Let's take a look, Joe . . . .
The Ethernet port on the PC is plugged into the cable modem, the Ethernet to cable modem, thru bandpass filters, is connected to the big silvery wire thingy on the big tall wooden fence post in the neighbors's yard and then it goes out of sight in both directions, but I'm told it goes to the company that supplies my cable TV, Precis Communications up in Price UT.
So, I have both, cable and DSL and they come into my home on the same 75 ohm TV cable. What do I have if not cable DSL as advertised by Precis?
Budd