OT: Fender Flares

Beside Bushwacker, is there anyone else that makes a good quality fender flare? Anyone have any experience with any of them?

Warn still makes flares... never used them personally (always used Bushwackers), but I believe GM uses them as OE flares (whether that's an endorsement or a knock, who can say? :)
On May 20, 8:25 pm, "Tom Lawrence"

Your thoughts on the bushwackers?

Plastic.... black.... flexible... :)
Truth be told, I was never impressed with their flare-to-body system. They use a rubber gasket that you put around the flare, and it just presses up against the body. The problem is, the flare moves, and scuffs the paint. You don't notice it until/if you take the flares off, but then it's pretty ugly. I solved that problem on my '99 by running a thin bead of black silicone (black truck) around the gasket. But - then I had a bunch of silicone that I would have had to remove had I ever taken them off.
The Warns, I believe, use 3M sticky-stuff<tm> to adhere the top of the flare to the body, greatly reducing flare-to-body rubbing. On the down side, the Warns don't give as much coverage as the Bushwackers.
On May 20, 8:38 pm, "Tom Lawrence"

Could you but a strip or two of body moulding adhesive on them to prevent the movement? I wonder who around here has a set (for any vehicle) on display I can look at.
On Sun, 20 May 2007 20:49:29 -0700, azwiley1 wrote:

why not use that clear anti scuff tape used under (dare i say they still exist?) drop in bed liners? a lot of good truck top dealers carry it too. you line the top of your tailgate with this stuff to keep the topper door from rubbing your paint. (or all the way around the bed on a over the rail bed liner)
Chris
05 CTD
On Mon, 21 May 2007 05:15:30 +0000, Chris Thompson wrote:

ah i guess i should clarify for some people.........
i mean under the rubber gaskets around the flare.
Chris
05 CTD

Maybe its just me but flares cause more problems then they are worth in looks. Water traps under them and within 4 yrs you will begin seeing rust.