OT: Ford Mustang?

Someone at work is selling a 2001 Ford Mustang for around $2,000. The catch? Around 175,000 miles! I think it's the base coupe model, so that'd be the v6 I think. Automatic.
I haven't looked at it yet (couple of poor photos, it has some dents but the paint and interior look good), haven't test drove it or seen the carfax. Just sort of deciding if it bears closer inspection.
I have no idea why I even want a Mustang, but my friend's wife has one, and though I hated it at first, it sort of grew on me. Maybe I'm having a mid life crisis :)
Truly I'd rather have a convertible, but a "stang" might be a fun daily driver - my Dakota is a great truck but a pain to park, and as the price of gas goes up, the not-great gas mileage gets expensive.
So what do you all think?
jmc

It *might* be a 4 cyl... One of my students has one, with a 4 banger. Not that that would discourage me, if it was reasonably clean and rust free.
And for 2K and about two hours with a sawzall, you can have that convertable you want--and having two soft tops (VW and Saab) I can tell you that there is nothing more enjoyable than crusing with the top off.
Suddenly, without warning, PeterD exclaimed (2/13/2011 3:30 PM):

It's a ~4.0 v6 - peppy but not muscle :)
Ran an instaVIN report, came up clean. 3 real owners, plus the seller (this lady bought it without checking to see if her baby's seat would fit in the back!), 174,000+ miles.
People who have this make/model seem to like it. Back seat is even worse than my club cab (I've sat in the back of my friend's wife's stang) but hey - I have no life and rarely need to cart around more than one other person.
Main problem is she's a couple hours drive from me, and I won't buy a vehicle with this age and miles without a mechanic having a close look at it...
jmc

That's a bunch of miles. I can see that 2K rapidly turning into 4K within months.
I'd pass on this one.
Roy
Suddenly, without warning, Roy exclaimed (2/14/2011 5:45 AM):

yea, that's what I decided to do. Ah, well.
jmc

cookies.
beekeep

Nah, nobody has seen any cookies. Not even Denny. Speaking of Denny, he is spending his time running away from a big snake.
Roy

My main worry would be the mileage, unless someone was a sales person or something and they were mostly freeway miles.. I wouldn't expect a lot of $2k, so you wouldn't have a lot to lose..