OT Home A/C

Page 3 of 5
Greg O wrote:

http://www.eia.doe.gov/glossary/glossary_s.htm
"The average heat pump or central air conditioner sold in 1986 had an SEER of about 9" puts usage of the term *SEER* with heat pumps 21 years ago.
Ask the IT Tech what needs to be flashed when you install a hard drive.
--
"You really don't know shit than do you cock breath? News flash cock
breath, when you recover from a HDD crash or failure and you are

know."http://groups.google.co.in/group/alt.autos.dodge.trucks/msg/831c21be1 ...- Hide quoted text -

You just can't let shit go can you cock breath? What a sorry and pitiful man you are. Shame you have to continue to live life in the past.
Don't waste your keystrokes on this troll. Beryl and Snoman are 2 personalities trapped in one body. The Beryl personality expends so much energy typing coherent sentences that it taxes the physical limits of the combined body. Have you ever seen Beryl and Snoman post near the same time?

Uh, must have mis-understood this one myself, but I'm sure someone will correct me post haste.. I have been dicking with computers for at least half my life and can't recall a single time "flashing" anything, except my middle finger at the computer, when recovering the system. Unless, of course, you consider installing an OS on the new hard drive to be "Flashing" the new OS onto the system. Go ahead, flame on.
Anyway, here's something I was told about a long time ago and have always wanted to try it but never have gotten around to it -- Take the complete A/C system from a car and use it to cool a house. The example I was told about was for a house on the NC Outer Banks and supposedly used a Delco A-6 compressor and an electric motor to spin it. I do not know from where the other components were sourced. I could see using a larger evaporator and condensor, possibly.. anyone done this in the past? Sure, I know it's probably more logical just to use a central unit..
Nza wrote:

azwiley1 is a self-proclaimed IT Tech that never figured out how to configure his own PC at home, and he recently started his own biz putting together custom PCs for the suckers in Tucson.

Neat idea. Or you could use a turbofan engine and Air Cycle Machine from a junked airliner.

Self proclaimed? Funny, my dergree is in Network Technology and I was hired on as a GS-9 2210 (IT Tech), but I am self proclaimed. Also of interesting and funny note, never once did I ever state or mention starting my own biz in Tucson. I did state I started one, but you are assuming it was in Tucson based off the fact that this is where I live now. I suppose I should not be surprised that the simple minded would jump to such conclusions. Oh well. Hey, they are building a brand new 40k sq. ft mental health ward at work, I'll have them reserve a room for you. :)

lol! Well, I might try it if I had dirigible hangar in AZ or NM and needed to store gourmet chocolate.
The cooling capacity of an automobile's A/C is much greater than that of a house because you don't have to deal with driving down the road in a house, am I right? That is the only reason I have toyed with the idea instead of dismissing it immediately.

As usual, Beryl jumped to several conclusions in that thread in an attempt to insult me. First he (at least I think it's a male) assumed I was installing Adobe Flash player, then it assumed I re-installed the same version of the system BIOS, then it assumed I didn't perform any software or hardware upgrades. Because it never asked me a question, only attempted to belittle me, I played with it, letting it make assumptions and I only corrected it when it was wrong (which was just about every reply to me). 1 or 2 questions on it's part may have prevented it from looking like an ass, but I doubt that; it's not its habit to to be helpful, only to attack.
Given Beryl's reputation in this NG (just search for his posts and you'll see enough to know what I mean), Azwiley1 got caught up in it too, and later gave a specific example regarding the above quote, but Beryl doesn't seem to believe him. I'm not familiar with the hardware in the example, so I can't comment on that.
Beryl on the other hand, comments on lots of things, and sometimes admits it knows nothing about what it was talking about, yet it blames that on the person it is responding to.
Hang out here long enough and you might have a change play with it too.
Edith:

Except it was you who plopped into the thread with incorrect assumptions in your attempt to insult me. Jun 21 2007 9:11 pm http://groups.google.co.in/group/alt.autos.dodge.trucks/msg/796a06a7779f475d "You posted something about 2-6V golf cart batteries in series versus 2-12V batteries in parallel that you had read many years ago in an RV magazine, but I doubt you understood the nature of the article."
And after I explained to you that the article was about connections - parallel vs. series connections - *not* about different types of batteries, you never even thanked me! You got some kind of problem?

Naturally.
"During the time of the "electrical questions" thread my computer suffered a hard drive crash, it took me a few days to re-install the OS, drivers, a few flash updates I had missed, restore from backup, etc."
So does a BIOS flash have anything to do with reloading the junk on your hard drive? Hmmm?
Here's one example of your sloppiness, Edith: "You don't read so well. I stated that I installed some flash updates that I had missed. I never said I re-installed them, moron."
But you clearly did say you re-installed them, *moron*. Are drivers and flash updates just hanging there in mid-sentence with no verb to indicate what you did with them? No! Flash updates were re-installed according to you.

Did I? Inconsequential, but go ahead and point it out anyway. I think you're making it up.

Inconsequential, but point it out. I think you're making this up too.

I asked you quite a few, but you'd never answer them. I think the "electrical questions" thread that you looked at got you spooked, and you were afraid to give any specifics when asked. I explained that I choose what I want to flash to my BIOS, while you made vague remarks about wanting to override a flash after it began. You avoided giving any details. Apparently you do some "live" online flash updates, just click an *OK* button and hope for the best. But who knows?

Typical corrections:
"you frequently make assumptions in your desire to be an ass."
"Your a moron."
"you assume often, which makes you're posts so stupidly funny."
"again, your assumptions lead you to argue about a wrong conclusion."
"i don't feel like spelling it out for you."

Depends on the crowd :^) A punk infested group invites attacks.

Thanks, Edith!

And later regretted it.

Of course I don't believe him! The little goof was getting data corruption with his SATA drive, and proclaimed that some mysterious "thing" needs to be flashed whenever a new drive is installed.
And then he denied ever saying that:
"Really, care to show me where? You can't because I never said that and I have re-read ever post I have made in this thread concerning this."

It's generic, the specific board and drive make no difference and weren't even mentioned in the little goof's original statement. You just aren't smart enough to comment on it.

Examples?
Everyone's invited.

would seem to be an accurate description of you sheryl.

a rose is still a .......well you get it. you're a moron would also be a good description of you sheryl.

i sort of like that one.

nice.
you sure go to huge lengths to try to justify yourself. a little insecure??
snipped-for-privacy@whatever.net wrote:

Maybe, dumbguy. Edith's talking about change play. That transgender stuff really creeps me out.

he's talking to you about it because you are pretty much the "expert" on that type of stuff. it creeps me out too, but for different reasons, i am certain, than you.

While this could be done, what exactly would be the point? By the time you are done building the structure to hold the compressor, condenser, drive motor, cooling fan, and then create all of the plumbing for the evaporator and fitting it into your air handler, you would probably spend even more money and a hell of a lot more time than just buying a comparable unit.

Precisely why I threw the idea out there... to debunk it with the brains of others instead of just my own.
The only point of it, I could imagine, is that the cooling capacity would be much greater than your "average" home unit. That's it.

a house. Although a car isn't that well insulated, I doubt that even comes close to the heat gain of a house.
beekeep
On Aug 28, 6:24 pm, snipped-for-privacy@radix.net (beekeep) wrote:

Well, I have no idea about these things, but I have heard that a typical house system is "2 tons" versus a car system being "10 - 20 tons".
Like I said, I am not in the know.
wrote in message

Where did you get a number like that? I really doubt it could be that high considering the size of the compressor, condensor, and evaporator in a car. While the compressor in a vehicle may be capable of moving much more freon than the self-contained motor - compressor assembly typically found in a 2 ton home unit, it would take one HUGE electric motor to drive it that hard and the electricity needed to power such a motor (if you could even find one) would give it a SEER rating of near zero and you would still need a huge evaporator and condenser to get 10 to 20 tons out of it.

If they can really pump that much Freon, then I guess that I'm not either :-)

Yeah, me neither. Here's a capacity curve for a typical automotive compressor. Even at peak output, it's just a little over 2 tons: http://www.sanden.com/support/pdf/SD7_refrig_cap_curve.pdf
Tom Lawrence wrote:

Even with a cars blower running on full the volume of air is miniscule compared to a typical homes A/C unit. The volume in a car is pretty tiny.
Try running only the front A/C in a large SUV such as a Suburban or even a mid sized such as a Durango. The back passengers will complain loudly. A house is a bit larger than an SUV in volume!
On Aug 28, 11:25 pm, "Tom Lawrence"

Ok well i'm thinking the guy was probably FOS now that I discuss it with you guys, but .. "supposedly" the setup was with a Delco A-6 compressor and with R-12. He said he used a 3 horse electric motor to spin the thing... too bad he didn't have pictures to prove that this wasn't just some BS fabrication.