OT Home A/C

actually all i said was that i went away on vacation and while i was gone away, it looked to me like sheryl had returned to the ng to post again.

i wasn't "eluding" anything, nor for that matter was i alluding to anything.

instead chris, i was just saying.

Reply to
theguy

azwiley1 is a self-proclaimed IT Tech that never figured out how to configure his own PC at home, and he recently started his own biz putting together custom PCs for the suckers in Tucson.

Neat idea. Or you could use a turbofan engine and Air Cycle Machine from a junked airliner.

Reply to
Beryl

Self proclaimed? Funny, my dergree is in Network Technology and I was hired on as a GS-9 2210 (IT Tech), but I am self proclaimed. Also of interesting and funny note, never once did I ever state or mention starting my own biz in Tucson. I did state I started one, but you are assuming it was in Tucson based off the fact that this is where I live now. I suppose I should not be surprised that the simple minded would jump to such conclusions. Oh well. Hey, they are building a brand new 40k sq. ft mental health ward at work, I'll have them reserve a room for you. :)

Reply to
azwiley1

hehe i had to try the jab.

Reply to
Chris Thompson

A "jab" is what sheryl is hunting for again. Maybe Snoball realized she was a waste of time and kicker her ass to the curb?

Reply to
azwiley1

LOL

Reply to
Chris Thompson

As usual, Beryl jumped to several conclusions in that thread in an attempt to insult me. First he (at least I think it's a male) assumed I was installing Adobe Flash player, then it assumed I re-installed the same version of the system BIOS, then it assumed I didn't perform any software or hardware upgrades. Because it never asked me a question, only attempted to belittle me, I played with it, letting it make assumptions and I only corrected it when it was wrong (which was just about every reply to me). 1 or 2 questions on it's part may have prevented it from looking like an ass, but I doubt that; it's not its habit to to be helpful, only to attack.

Given Beryl's reputation in this NG (just search for his posts and you'll see enough to know what I mean), Azwiley1 got caught up in it too, and later gave a specific example regarding the above quote, but Beryl doesn't seem to believe him. I'm not familiar with the hardware in the example, so I can't comment on that.

Beryl on the other hand, comments on lots of things, and sometimes admits it knows nothing about what it was talking about, yet it blames that on the person it is responding to.

Hang out here long enough and you might have a change play with it too.

Reply to
Ed H.

Edith:

Except it was you who plopped into the thread with incorrect assumptions in your attempt to insult me. Jun 21 2007 9:11 pm

"You posted something about 2-6V golf cart batteries in series versus 2-12V batteries in parallel that you had read many years ago in an RV magazine, but I doubt you understood the nature of the article." And after I explained to you that the article was about connections - parallel vs. series connections - *not* about different types of batteries, you never even thanked me! You got some kind of problem?

Naturally.

"During the time of the "electrical questions" thread my computer suffered a hard drive crash, it took me a few days to re-install the OS, drivers, a few flash updates I had missed, restore from backup, etc."

So does a BIOS flash have anything to do with reloading the junk on your hard drive? Hmmm?

Here's one example of your sloppiness, Edith: "You don't read so well. I stated that I installed some flash updates that I had missed. I never said I re-installed them, moron."

But you clearly did say you re-installed them, *moron*. Are drivers and flash updates just hanging there in mid-sentence with no verb to indicate what you did with them? No! Flash updates were re-installed according to you.

Did I? Inconsequential, but go ahead and point it out anyway. I think you're making it up.

Inconsequential, but point it out. I think you're making this up too.

I asked you quite a few, but you'd never answer them. I think the "electrical questions" thread that you looked at got you spooked, and you were afraid to give any specifics when asked. I explained that I choose what I want to flash to my BIOS, while you made vague remarks about wanting to override a flash after it began. You avoided giving any details. Apparently you do some "live" online flash updates, just click an *OK* button and hope for the best. But who knows?

Typical corrections:

"you frequently make assumptions in your desire to be an ass."

"Your a moron."

"you assume often, which makes you're posts so stupidly funny."

"again, your assumptions lead you to argue about a wrong conclusion."

"i don't feel like spelling it out for you."

Depends on the crowd :^) A punk infested group invites attacks.

Thanks, Edith!

And later regretted it.

Of course I don't believe him! The little goof was getting data corruption with his SATA drive, and proclaimed that some mysterious "thing" needs to be flashed whenever a new drive is installed.

And then he denied ever saying that:

"Really, care to show me where? You can't because I never said that and I have re-read ever post I have made in this thread concerning this."

It's generic, the specific board and drive make no difference and weren't even mentioned in the little goof's original statement. You just aren't smart enough to comment on it.

Examples?

Everyone's invited.

Reply to
Beryl

would seem to be an accurate description of you sheryl.

a rose is still a .......well you get it. you're a moron would also be a good description of you sheryl.

i sort of like that one.

nice.

you sure go to huge lengths to try to justify yourself. a little insecure??

Reply to
theguy

Would you please stop "stirring the pot"? :-)

Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

lol! Well, I might try it if I had dirigible hangar in AZ or NM and needed to store gourmet chocolate.

The cooling capacity of an automobile's A/C is much greater than that of a house because you don't have to deal with driving down the road in a house, am I right? That is the only reason I have toyed with the idea instead of dismissing it immediately.

Reply to
Nza

Taking things as "you wish" is the primary cause for most of the pissing contests and arguments in this group so I find it better to ask. Since you basically said that you didn't try to say anything, I'll just let it drop.

Reply to
TBone

While this could be done, what exactly would be the point? By the time you are done building the structure to hold the compressor, condenser, drive motor, cooling fan, and then create all of the plumbing for the evaporator and fitting it into your air handler, you would probably spend even more money and a hell of a lot more time than just buying a comparable unit.

Reply to
TBone

Gee, I guess we will all sleep better tonight now.

Reply to
Roy

You are correct, I apologize. When it comes to pot, it should be smoked not stirred.

Reply to
Roy

Or shit in. That explains where Beryl originated.

:-) Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

I thought that you would :-)

Reply to
TBone

Yup, you are correct. How could we suffer through the wrath of TBone? It would be Budd revisited.

Reply to
Roy

Precisely why I threw the idea out there... to debunk it with the brains of others instead of just my own.

The only point of it, I could imagine, is that the cooling capacity would be much greater than your "average" home unit. That's it.

Reply to
Nza

yeah, tends to pull through when stirred..

Reply to
Nza