OT<>

Page 8 of 9
Craig C. wrote:

Gore stated publicly that he rarely drives it. He travels on jets and then rents large sedans...not hybrids or even economy cars.
miles wrote:

Cite your source. The complete article, not your usual out-of-context quotes. Put up or shut up, miles.
Craig C.
Craig C. wrote:

Do you think he might have been driving his sons? Maybe that would be a stretch for a left wing mind of yours. According to his public statements he doesn't drive his own car much but when he rents he apparently likes to speed in a 4 door gas guzzling Lincoln.

A vette with a 6 speed will get ya 24+mpg on the highway.

Yeah, but I bet that guy in the lawnchair with all the balloons I saw on the news today got a lot better mileage than that. They say he went as high as 12,000 feet and traveled several hundred miles without burning a drop of gas.
Personaly, I think personal lighter than air vehicles might be a cheap, environmental way to go.
beekeep

I'd like to see ya strap your ass to a lawn chair and a bunch of balloon's.<G>

I really doubt if the Goodyear blimp could hoist your ass.......
Denny

Look at ya!! I make one remark about WC and you respond with a uncalled for attack. I'm shattered. So to recover, while you have your fat ass at work, hanging over the fender of some 200 degree engine, I will drive my skinny ass to the beach for a few hours and play in the surf and watch the girls. Oh, at around noon, while your circling the "roach coach" like a friggin buzzard I'll pop a cool beer and toast ya. <GBMFG>
Roy

Bullshit...
The fuck you are.....
So to recover, while you have your fat ass at work, hanging

The bathtub at home ain't big enough to get both cheeks in????

Yup, watchin is about all you can do.
Oh, at

No RC at our place. Now if'n ya said the break room and microwave........

And that's the first thing I've agreed with ya on this year... Good job!!

Same here!!
Denny

Nah you were wrong. <G>

Oh but I was devesitated.

While you spend time gazeing at the Idiot.

What happened the RC couldn't hold enogh slop to feed ya?

Thank you!!

As always.

Roy

Never....
My ass...

In disbelief......

One of those wagons came around the shop about 10-15 years ago. It's hard to believe that somebody could actually sell that crap. It's even harder to believe that somebody would buy it more than once.....

Your welcome...
Denny

Ah, Buddism huh?

Is very wide! <BFG>

I can believe that.

Says the bunny who worships WC!!! <G>

Okay!!!
Roy
On Jul 11, 2:34 pm, snipped-for-privacy@radix.net (beekeep) wrote:

There is NO WAY this would work with the Wabbit. Do you have ANY idea how many damn balloons it would take to lift him!!! <GBFG>

WTF!!!!! Is this "fuck with the bunny night" or what???? Answer to the question is zero.... All it takes is a crave case of WC's
Denny
In responce to Denny 's post. I thought everyone should know:

yea but you'd blow up if you got near any sort of power source.
--
Chris

Ya, it wouldn't do to have a singed pink bunny!
Roy

TBone wrote:

Most roadsters aren't known for their great economy but there are a few. I like the Soltice but its not very practical with a tiny trunk. Thats the problem with most 2 seaters.

So its ok to own a gas guzzler if it meets a persons needs. Guess what Tom, thats why most buy them. It fits their needs. Or is it just your needs that count and only certain needs qualify to make it acceptable?

Gores house is not efficient. I do not consider $30,000 in gas and electic bills to be efficient for a private home. Thats nearly 20 times the national average energy consumption use. How many kids does Gore have living at home? Does he need a 20 bedroom house not including the 4 bedroom guest house?
Now lets compare that to Bush who can't have the environment in his interest right? His home is solar powered as well as has a rain water collection and waste water purification system.

Yes, they are public. In most states anyone can call the power company and find out how much the bills average. Helps potential buyers I suppose.

He uses over 200,000 kwh's in a private residence each year. Sorry TBone, no matter how you spin it Gore is a wasteful rich energy guzzler. If I want to live by example I'd pick Bush's energy efficient home to Gores despite Gores talk about the need to be energy conservative. Bush does a better job of it.

Yes and his spin is just that. Gores movie does have some good to it. If it gets people to conserve and pollute less then thats a good thing. But his methods and own lifestyle do not match what he himself says. Why didn't Gore have Bush's home in the movie as an example of how to be energy efficient? Why didn't he show his own home? Answers to both those questions show who Gore truly is.

Yes, we should all live in homes that consume over 200,000 kwh's a year with a bill of $30,000, drives a gas guzzling car and then uses carbon credits to say its all ok for him.
Bush on the other hand has a fully energy efficient solar home with many other energy efficient designs.

My only experience is with my brothers Lexus... Dunno what the model is, but it's a mid-size luxury SUV that he paid about $50k for a couple of years ago...
It's the new breed of "performance" hybrids and it really impressed me! I was expecting 0-60 times of about 5 minutes, like the hybrids I'd followed before... This was very impressive, especially merging on the freeway..
If you didn't have the dashboard readout, you just wouldn't know it was a hybrid...
It has 2 electric motors and a special design gas engine... 1 elec for each axle and full time AWD....
The way he explained it to me is that an electric motor has good torque at any rpm, so the car uses them to get the car rolling and at low speed, and mostly the gas engine at speed... I guess the early hybrids did the opposite and the little engine made them very slow..
He said that the engine was very efficient because it was designed mainly for one thing, cruising, so it didn't need a wide power band or to be ably to idle smoothly....
He's gotten up to 50 mpg on trips and loves the car... It is very comfortable and the damn thing handles like a much smaller, sportier car..
He's not what I'd call a "tree hugger", but one of the reasons that he bought it was for the much lower emissions, especially in traffic/city conditions.. YMWV
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

If ya wanted an expert opinion, why didn't you just email snowball directly?
beekeep

Watch out Roy, INCOMMING!!!!!!!
FMB (North Mexico)