OT: If you want to know how I am, don't pretend to be a friend.

Page 1 of 3
I might mistakenly expect a reply back from you.
If you're not going to be a friend, don't ask about me. It's none of your business.
-- Budd

BTW, this does not apply to my true friends.
-- Budd

If your true friends are found on usenet, you may be on to finding out the cause of your initial frustration.
Really?
I have made a few good friends on the net; some that actually stopped by my home to visit while going thru my area, some that will email me with the latest happenings in their family or just to tell me about some stupidity I may have missed in this group. Those are the folks I miss from this group. But when someone only wants your email just to be nosey, they are not a friend. Those are the ones that need not bother to check on me because I don't post much any more. I've got more fun things to do that read this NG, like going fishing, working on my old motorscooter or watching the Arches National Park erode.
And from the recent discussions I've seen, the stuff being posted would have got me yelled at if I'd posted it. IOW, nothing but the same crap that was here the last time I was subscribed. And it's coming from the ones that yelled at me . . . . . . ROTFLMBO!!!!
Sometimes paybacks come with patience . . . .
See ya, I'm outta this cesspool.
-- Budd

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 20:21:20 GMT, "Budd Cochran"

I guess your comments are directed to me. I just wanted to know if you were alright since you suddenly stopped posting here. I doubt that there will ever be any great friendship between the two of us but that doesn't mean that I wish you any harm either. Yes this newsgroup has changed over the years, partly because new people have joined and partly because some of the old timers here have left. It would be nice if the latter would just poke the noses in here every once and awhile and say hey.
And if you really gotta know - my dad, who is 85 and is loosing his mind, is takeing up a lot of my spare time. Dr says he is healthy and should live a good deal longer which means I am going to have my hands full for awhile. I don't really mind as it is a labor of love, and it does take priority over most everything else in my life at the present time.
beekeep
No, you were just one of several.
Just leave me alone.
-- Budd

Now if we could just get the old Budd back in here to sparr with us once and awhile all will be back to normal.
beekeep
Just don't want people bugging me just to be nosey. -- Budd

/| /| | | ||__|| | Please do not | / O O\__ | feed the | / \ | Trolls | / \ \|_____________________| / _ \ \ || / |\____\ \ || / | | | |\____/ || / \|_|_|/ | _|| / / \ |____| || / | | | --| | | | |____ --| * _ | |_|_|_| | \-/ *-- _--\ _ \ | || / _ \\ | / `' * / \_ /- | | | * ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
I wasn't trolling, Mac, just looking to stop nosey invasions of my privacy under the guise of false friendship.
-- Budd

and doing it in a public forum... makes sense to me, Budd..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:38:54 GMT, "Budd Cochran"

well, i actually think that several of us have asked that question as of late, including me. sorry it pissed you off but at least on my part i was just hopin you were ok. sounds like you are.
My point is simple. If you're a friend, I figure you'll answer a question in the reply about how you're doing. Takes all of a minute or so. Denny and Gary G have both done so, for example. If you don't, then IMHO, you're just being nosey.
I'm not one to bug others with nosey emails, I only ask for the same respect.
How about I just have someone post the funeral notice a month or so after I'm gone? Till then I'll be in whatever health I have at the time.
-- Budd

Budd Cochran wrote:

Nobody else can be me! ;^) Welcome back.
I'm not back. As a fact, I had to resubscribe to post this and I'm leaving as soon as I can. This group is a just a sewer anymore.
-- Budd

Budd Cochran wrote:

No it's not Bud. There is alot of garbage on usenet in general. I first came here about 5 years ago and there were far more bitching and pissing contests then. You just have to learn to ignore them completely. Telling idiots to leave you alone is pointless. Why respond to people who aren't your friends?
Miles, I give everyone a chance, and often a second thru twentieth chance. I've never asked for more than that for myself. This world is too full of strife and hate already to not try to gain a bit of peace in our lives. I had thought to give it another try with a few from this group when I was emailed with questions concerning my health, but I was in error.
That's why I answered non-friends. Oh, well, their loss, not mine.
My sewer comment is based on the fun there used to be in the group 10 years ago combined with the accuracy of information available then. Now it's flames and misinformation. Hey, if no one else cares, fine, why should I?
-- Budd

Budd, you're a good guy. You just need to learn to ignore, meaning don't even respond to the crap that permeates usenet. I started out messaging on FidoNet which was a hobbiest network before the Internet became public. Once things went public anything and everything wanders in. So you just have to ignore the trash. The good people are still here.
Budd Cochran wrote:

Wow... that brings back some memories. Echomail battles, Policy4 arguments, threats of lawsuits... ah, the good ol' days :)
-Former NC of Net2605