OT: Jeep hauling ability

We're only a couple of months from returning to the good ol' US of A (yea!)
We've been a one-vehicle family for the last couple of years, my 2001 Dak serving us well these last 5 years. It's *mine*, so I don't have to
worry about how to get around when we get back :)
The Spousal Unit is vehicle-hunting. Really wants a Jeep Wrangler, and is debating on the tow package. I told him that a Wrangler can't haul much, too light. I'm pretty right, it says the Jeep's only rated for about 1,000 lbs.
Question is, what can you haul that's under that limit? I think in terms of how many horses/ how big a horse trailer but that won't work here <g>.
For instance, he wants to haul a boat. No, we don't own one - yet. We've never owned one and have no idea how much even a small one would weight, or how much the trailers weigh. How big a boat would a Jeep Wrangler be able to haul?
I'm thinking about the only thing it'd be good for hauling is one of those little flatbed trailers. How much do one of those things weigh empty?
I figger if he gets the Jeep the Dak gets to do all the hauling (got it with the tow package).
You thought it was hot last time I posted? How's 107f grab ya? Even in the shade, that's really, really hot.
You know it's hot when you can set an oven for the same temp as it is outside :)
jmc

Good Deal!!

I'm thinking one of those little trailers with a riding lawnmower on it...

Canoe, aluminum boat with a 15 horse outboard or maybe one of those little skinny things that Harvard guys row on some river somewhere.

Depending on steel or aluminum, somewhere around 250-500 lbs.

Then you shouldn't have any problem whipping up a batch of cookies then. Hell, they'll start baking as you're stirring em....
Denny
Suddenly, without warning, Denny exclaimed (1/6/2008 8:30 PM):

haven't yet.
Baking a cookie there isn't something I've considered.
:) jmc