OT Jeep project is finished!!!

Page 1 of 4
Finally done. Man I hate following into a project, spend more time undoing other folks alleged good work. Denny we were in the right direction, no advance, it wasn't the Weber. $40
took care of the exhaust no more fumes. Now it's off to the beach. Oh rabbit I meant to tell ya, Sunday some of your relatives went by about 75-100 yards of the beach, Mom and two baby whales playing around. Caused a traffic jam of lookers.
Roy

Congratulations on the completion of your "4 wheel drive vehicle"... Don't wanna get Cyrco pissed, ya know..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Was the weights stuck? A little penetrating oil do it??

Very distant cousins my friend....
Denny

Yup, weights and springs.

The distance from you is about 1,200 miles. A close relation in size and appearance. <VBG>
Roy

Bite me....
Now that we got that out of the way.... <G> When you hauling your fat ass and the jeep up here to play in the mud?? I got an old Dodge that'd love to pull that wittle jeep out of a mudpuddle....
Denny

Yup, I'll be on the road in the morning. <G> Was rolling around under it and looks like I have a front pinion seal weeping a bit.I'm wondering if this thing has sat for so damn long.... I'm going to run it around some this weekend and see whats what. The saga seems to continue.
Roy

First off, it don't sit high enough for you to roll around under it.......

Pinion seals aren't really very hard to put in, even for you. The hardest part is if you don't have something to hold the yoke while removing/torquing the nut. Myself, I wouldn't worry about it as long as it's not dripping. A little seepage just keeps the housing from rusting.. <BG>
Denny

Actually, with the tires it is.

I know. I'm not sure whether it is residual oil running down of what, it looks like engine oil, I don't think I spilled any. I'm gonna spray around with some electrical cleaner and try to see what's what. There were soo many leaks on it, there may be more to go.
Wish I had some place to hit it with a light power wash.
Roy

OR.. you could realize that it's a JEEP and just drive it... It ain't supposed to be ready for a car show, bro, it's a way to get to the beach, remember?
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

I hear ya bro. But the drivway is stenciled and painted and I don't want Sue on my ear about oil spots. I just spent a couple of hours in the garage with some starting fluid, getting all I could out of skid plate and wherever else I could find that would trap it. I'll run it around this weekend and see if any more appears or if I have gotten it all.
It would have been easier to do up north on a lift, but, on my back in shorts isn't too hard to take either.
Roy

Anybody else loose their supper when they got this mental picture?????
Denny

Well, I WAS trying to ignore the visual until you brought that up..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

You two keep at it and I'll send ya pictures! <VBG>
Roy

Go for it!! I need a target. Went to a gunshow down in Columbus today and got another ar. I guess that dpms just needed a new home.
Denny

What ya get??
Roy

http://www.dpmsinc.com/firearms/firearm.aspx?id6
And what really sucks is that it's 18 degrees out and windy as all hell. I may fondle it but I ain't gonna shoot it today...
Denny

Well it's supposed to be 75 here with the usual sea breeze. You can always ship it to me and I can put a few rounds through it. Can you chamber 556&223 like the bushmaster?
Been meaning to ask if ya been getting much snow? You must, ya just bought a new toy.
Roy

Ya know, I could do that but I'm selfish and greedy and ........... <BG>
Yes, it has the Wylde chamber in it. My Colt has the A-1 upper w/ standard buttstock and this one is the A-3 with a 6 position stock. I'll probably take the carry handle off and put some kind of aim point on it but I gotta play a bit first. No, I'm not getting an Eotech..... Mine will probably be made by Tasco.. <BG>

Not really. It started out getting the 6-8" at a time but it really tapered off about the first of the year. Since then we get maybe an inch at a time. I don't plow most places at an inch but I got six really picky spots that want tracks. I guess if they're willing to pay I gotta go do it. The good thing is that I can blow thru those spots in about and hour and a half.
Denny

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 03:36:40 -0500, Denny wrote:

You make me sick! LOL
all i wanted was a leather holster at the last show and you know there wasn't even one leather dealer there? the guys with the nylon holsters had the concealment purses but that's not my speed.
--
Chris