OT Jeep project is finished!!!

Finally done. Man I hate following into a project, spend more time undoing other folks alleged good work. Denny we were in the right direction, no advance, it wasn't the Weber. $40 took care of the exhaust no more fumes. Now it's off to the beach. Oh rabbit I meant to tell ya, Sunday some of your relatives went by about

75-100 yards of the beach, Mom and two baby whales playing around. Caused a traffic jam of lookers.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Congratulations on the completion of your "4 wheel drive vehicle"... Don't wanna get Cyrco pissed, ya know..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Was the weights stuck? A little penetrating oil do it??

Very distant cousins my friend....

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Yup, weights and springs.

The distance from you is about 1,200 miles. A close relation in size and appearance.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Bite me....

Now that we got that out of the way.... When you hauling your fat ass and the jeep up here to play in the mud?? I got an old Dodge that'd love to pull that wittle jeep out of a mudpuddle....

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Yup, I'll be on the road in the morning. Was rolling around under it and looks like I have a front pinion seal weeping a bit.I'm wondering if this thing has sat for so damn long.... I'm going to run it around some this weekend and see whats what. The saga seems to continue.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

First off, it don't sit high enough for you to roll around under it.......

Pinion seals aren't really very hard to put in, even for you. The hardest part is if you don't have something to hold the yoke while removing/torquing the nut. Myself, I wouldn't worry about it as long as it's not dripping. A little seepage just keeps the housing from rusting..

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Actually, with the tires it is.

I know. I'm not sure whether it is residual oil running down of what, it looks like engine oil, I don't think I spilled any. I'm gonna spray around with some electrical cleaner and try to see what's what. There were soo many leaks on it, there may be more to go.

Wish I had some place to hit it with a light power wash.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

OR.. you could realize that it's a JEEP and just drive it... It ain't supposed to be ready for a car show, bro, it's a way to get to the beach, remember?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

I hear ya bro. But the drivway is stenciled and painted and I don't want Sue on my ear about oil spots. I just spent a couple of hours in the garage with some starting fluid, getting all I could out of skid plate and wherever else I could find that would trap it. I'll run it around this weekend and see if any more appears or if I have gotten it all.

It would have been easier to do up north on a lift, but, on my back in shorts isn't too hard to take either.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Anybody else loose their supper when they got this mental picture?????

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Ok, boyz & girlz, can you say "drip pan"?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Well, I WAS trying to ignore the visual until you brought that up..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

How about find and fix the damn leak. It isn't a HD.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

You two keep at it and I'll send ya pictures!

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Go for it!! I need a target. Went to a gunshow down in Columbus today and got another ar. I guess that dpms just needed a new home.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

And then, like the wabbit said, the salt air will rust it out, right?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

What ya get??

Roy

Reply to
Roy

And what really sucks is that it's 18 degrees out and windy as all hell. I may fondle it but I ain't gonna shoot it today...

Denny

Reply to
Denny