OT Jeep project is finished!!!

Page 2 of 4

Thank you... <G>

Hummmm.... Some nice leather and a little nylon here and there and you might get Roy's attention.... <GBMFG>
Denny

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 13:32:53 -0500, Denny wrote:

DAMN! did you really have to go there?! *grin*
I'll leave that sort of play between you, Roy, and the Pink Bunny Suit.
--
Chris

As the ole big-belly'd one says..."There's always room for fresh meat". <BFG>
I never quite understood that saying till I saw the sucker down about 30 lbs of seafood one evening..
Denny

This from the guy that about was drowned while sunning his wide ride at the beach, Green Peace had a winch on his fat ass when I arrived, they thought he was a beached whale and were trying to drag his ass back into the ocean. He was soaked, the GP people kept yelling KEEP THE SKIN WET while tossing buckets of water on him.<GBFG>
Really, that was a good night. You kept up pretty well as I remember. Thing was you weren't use to anything but friggin' sliders, good seafood must have rasied hell with that stomach<G>
Roy

I gotta admit, it did. I had a bellyache the next day. But them scallops sure were good!! <BG>
Denny

worked up at the mention of a purse. Speaking of a purse it is damn near impossible to carry concealed here. Gotta have Sue carry.

hello roy, i was unaware that you carried. see http://ConcealedCarryForum.com for more.
--
Nathan In Montana
http://BighornTactical.com

Oh, to live in a free state. <sniffle>
One day...

it all starts here sir. :-) --> http://www.njsp.org/info/pdf/firearms/sp-642.pdf
--
Nathan In Montana
http://BighornTactical.com

And it ends there, too... you have to convince both the Chief of Police, and a Superior Court judge that you have a "justifiable need" to carry a handgun. "Self-defense" doesn't cut it. You either have to be ex-LEO, work for an armored car service (and then can only carry while on duty), or have friends in very high places to get approved.
And then, once you're denied (and 99.9999% of the time, you will be), you have to answer "yes" to question 19 on this form: http://www.njsp.org/info/pdf/firearms/sts-033.pdf
which you have to fill out every time you apply for handgun purchase permits. That will certainly raise a red flag, and delay your application further than the normal beaurocracy.
We've recently "upgraded" our laws, such that anyone caught in possession of a handgun outside of their home or business, without said carry permit (the one that's impossible to obtain?), and who doesn't fall under a narrow list of exemptions (such as, travelling directly to a target range, on the 3rd Sunday in July, between the hours of 3:45 and 4:15, during a hail storm, with a baby zebra in the back seat), is guilty of a 2nd degree "crime" (what most other states call felonies), and WILL be sentenced to 5-10 years in state prison... MANDATORY. First offense.
As I said... one day, I'll live in a free state.

dang...you ever consider living in PA and commuting? PA has some excellent carry laws. in fact ive just applied for my PA permit just for the reciprocity with WV. i plan to take my rhino to the hatfield mccoy trail system in WV but WV doesnt honor MT permits. they do honor PA permits however, and it only cost $26 to get the PA permit.
--
Nathan In Montana
http://BighornTactical.com

Only about once a week. I own property in PA, but it's just a little too far for a reasonable commute (2.5-3.0 hr ride, depending on traffic).

That they do.

Yep... good ol' Centre County. Will issue a non-resident PA permit to the holder of any other state permit.

if i ever were to move back east it would have to be western PA. i love the area, the scenery, and the gun laws.
--
Nathan In Montana
http://BighornTactical.com
Nathan W. Collier wrote:

Not so much fun on a bicycle!
I nearly blew my legs and lungs out going up and down those short but steep hills, one after another all day long (and I've been across the Cascades and Rockies)!
I did notice it was pretty country though, in between deep breaths when the dizziness would subside a bit!
SMH

hoops. FL isn't as bad.

See my reponse to Nate. I recall one of our more "famous" cases here... the owner of a jewelry store, who frequently carried either large sums of money to the bank, or valuable merchandise to his store, applied for a carry permit. As his "justifiable reason", he pointed out how he had been mugged previously, and the nature of his business demanded that he be able to protect/defend himself. When asked about private security, he showed that the cost of a full-time private security guard would cost him more than he made from his business annually.
The judge's response to his request? "Denied. Perhaps you should move your business elsewhere."

Both myself and my wife have carried for years. Permits for CCW in MA and FL.
Roy

awesome, ill look forward to seeing you on the forum. ;)
--
Nathan In Montana
http://BighornTactical.com

Nate.. it's one of those things us ol' farts do when we're too old to fight and too fat to run..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

im still pretty fit but with so many blood based diseases out there im not going to mix it up with anybody? you carry too huh? come on into the forum. youll find one of the best group of guys anywhere. :-)
--
Nathan In Montana
http://BighornTactical.com