OT legality of strobe lights on vehicles, plus rough ride

Page 3 of 3
Ignoramus28190 wrote:

rach replied: call ahead -- yes, in the spray bomb -- you won't need much -- if they have it in flat or gloss get gloss -- most napa places have black and white chromium primer on hand, but it isn't body season in IL yet is it ? so they might not have much stock. If they don't know what you mean, I'll get you the part number.
rach

You're right. Oops! <grn> I'll bet he loves it!
My own 1999 dodge ram truck

It is very pretty. I am partial however to older trucks because the new ones are over my head

ooh! fancy -- we have filmage -- very impressive.<smile> btw, nothing wrong with those shocks

no problem
in my location yellow is OK, snow plow trucks and other utility vehicles have them. red and or blue are prohibited - restricted to authorised emergency vehicles.
you need to check with police in your area as rules vary widely.
A yellow light is recognized as a "caution" indicator in every state. It does not identify your vehicle as an "emergency vehicle". Were these lights red or blue I believe you would be OK as long as you didn't ever turn them on. Once you did you would be subject to citation.
Wiz

In New Hampshire Blue lights are reserved for L.E.Officers. Technically the "officer" must be in the vehicle if the light can be seen whether on/off. Red for fire,ambulances,,Purple for funeral vehicles,yellow for caution. Physicians may also have red if responding to hospital on emergencies.