OT Need info

Here's the deal About a year ago my wife sold he 2K eldo to her sister. About 5K after the transaction the car started to use oil. About 1&1/2
quarts every 1,500 miles Service manager at the local caddy place claims that is acceptable, I'm not buying it. To take it a bit further that's 3 quarts gone between oil changes.Car has a extended warranty but runs out in about 6 months. Anybody know somebody who works at caddy service that might be able to get there hands on one of those memo's or tsb's? It's my feeling that there is a known problem with the northstar and caddy is trying to wait her out. TIA
Roy
Roy wrote:

Sumpin' like this?
http://www.alldata.com/tsb/General-Motors/index-issue.html

Yup, would like to find one entitled "Engine Excessive Oil Consumption". There must be one somewhere.
Roy

Damn, caddy dealers are worse that Dodge dealers with the "normal or "acceptable"... I'd HAVE to ask that service manager why GM designed it to use a quart of oil every 1,000 miles...
you might also ask at alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks lot of knowledgeable GM folks hang out there..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Thanks bro. I've tossed it around in a gm group, have to see who comes up with what. I'm of a mind to tell her to extend the oil change to 5K and let gm come and pick up the pieces. Of course in the owner's manual they say to check the oil when you get gas.
Roy

Roy wrote:

Maybe the sister in-law beats the thing?
JAM