OT New Ford Diesel???

Heard some talk over the past few day's about Ford coming out with a new diesel. Anybody here have any info??

Roy

Reply to
Roy

That was fast... scrapping the 6.O-No already?

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

I haven't paid much attention to Ford for year's but my friend that was looking at the Mega Cab has now been dragging me around with him looking at Fords. The talk is in a couple of months a new power plant. Maybe Ford is tired of having it's ass beat by the Cummins. I'don't know, which is why I asked the question.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Kinda moot now. He called and said he put a deposit on one of the Ford's we looked at earlier. Dodge lost another one.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Not really, its very relevant, since Ford has bought back 1000 units of the PSD. Problems range from turbo vanes breaking and being injested to engine management glitches. Perhaps the most damaging in terms of per incident costs is the injectors that stick open and hydro-lock the engine. Ford and Navistar are said to be at odds over the issues, and it has cost FoMoCo upwards of $500 million over their warranty costs in the previous year.

Hopefully, your friend will not experience any of this. However, given some of the stuff I've read, he should absolutley keep records of maintenance, and not attempt mods of any sort. I have a friend who just bought an 05 F250 as well, so we'll see.

Reply to
Max Dodge

I know, I told him but he needed a truck. I'll see how it turns out for him. It is a 06 F350 crew with the short box. IIrc it is on a 160 wheel base like the mega cab.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

I have a friend who also bought an 05 F350 and tends to beat on it a little. Thanks for the info Max, I'll pass it on to him.

Reply to
TBone

Tbone, if you are interested, there were a couple of news reports regarding this, IIRC in the Detroit Free Press.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Max I spent a bunch of time going through there and can't find it. Do you have it at hand? tia

Roy

Reply to
Roy

I've got it at hand,

BigIronRam

Thank you sir.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

My mistake, it was on Autoweek

Max Dodge

Guess that's why I couldn't find it. Thank's

Roy

--

Reply to
Roy

My Buddy has the 2005 so perhaps he will be more fortunate. He already just had problems with a defective sensor that kept telling him he had water in his fuel but Ford replaced it and changed the filters, no charge. I will print out this article and give it to him. Thanks again Max.

Reply to
TBone

Reply to
RamMan