OT>>> Nextel Sucks!!!

Only problem on our trip to Fl. and back to MA was the cell phone. The Nextel was showing no service most of the way. South of DC it was junk. Not a good feeling at all. Tried to get info from AAA as we reached each state but if we made contact it would drop the call before we received the info. I suppose that one the few occasions we got a signal I could have stopped but that isn't really the idea. It would seem that I'm going to be making this trip numerous time's, so any of you folks that travel the I-95 corridor from New England to Fl. have any thoughts regarding a cell phone service that actually works I'd like to hear them.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Roy:

Verizon works for me!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

and over priced...

Reply to
Scootter

Hope you had a safe trip. Remember that short discussion about Verison vs. Nextel we had about a year ago?? Verison works for me most of the time. It seems like I get poor reception sitting at the kitchen table only if the ceiling fan is on. Figure that one out.. Or maybe somebody is trying to tell you to move west instead of south??

Denny

Reply to
Denny

all in all verizon does have the best coverage. that can change in specific areas but verizon has better technology so over all they have the best coverage, especially on the east coast. nextel has some pretty old technology which is why they partnered up with sprint or whoever the heck it was. nextel pprbably has the best "walkie talkie" coverage right now......even better than their cell coverage but again, it is based on old technology and they will lose ground quickly as new tech rolls out. i never understood the walkie talkie part of cell phones anyway. makes no sense to me. why not just call on the cell coverage?

Reply to
theguy

Lemme see, Nextel don't work, but it is cheaper, so it is better than Verizon that works, but costs more?? Am I missing something, or do you have some REAL advice?? Greg

Reply to
Greg O

what's this truely got to do with dodge trucks except if you are riding in a truck trying to use a cell phone.

There are news group to gripe about cell phones....

Reply to
jem

Not a friggin' thing! That is why there is a "OT" at the start of the subject. Ya don't like it? Don't read it!

Reply to
Roy

What its got to do with Dodge trucks is that we all drive one. Other than that we talk about whatever we want. If you plan on hanging around in here get used to it.

beekeep ]

Reply to
beekeep

We've had GTE/Verizon for years and like it a lot... only problem that we have is that there seems to be a "hole" around our house... a friend suggested getting rid of our metal framed carport canopies... right..

We're on a family plan and had kids with phones in WA and Az all talking fine with few problems... the only problem we had in years was when we went to N. Dakota and couldn't get service in a few states along the way... AFAIK they've made roaming agreements now and solved that..

Nan uses nextel for work and i used to use AT&T for mine.. they both sucked, IMO.. Mac

mac davis

there are newsgroups for net nannies too..

try alt.binaries.like-we_care Mac

mac davis

thats why its OT (Off Topic)

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

Hey now! I just hang out here! I'll be damned if I would drive a Dodge!! ;-) Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Then you will never know the Al Bundy feeling.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

that was not only good mac, but you did it without the profanity that i would have used. you are my hero.

Reply to
theguy

I got a Motorolla cell phone, it's got a motor in it. See this is truck related Trouble is I can't find the hood latch to open the hood and see what motor I got:))) Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong. dale

Reply to
Dale Yonz

thanks, I think... *blush* Mac

mac davis

Doesn't that require a newspaper and locked bathroom door? Mac

mac davis

NexTel is only set up for metropolitan areas, or did you not look at the coverage maps?

Reply to
GeekBoy

I would have thought that Richmond, and Jacksonville were metropolitan areas.

Reply to
Roy