OT>>> Nextel Sucks!!!

Page 2 of 2

At least compared to ND it is!!
--
PoorUB
'05 Ultra Classic

That would be my thought as well. The I-95 corridor has to be the most heavily traveled in the country. You'd think that N-tel would have more towers. Seems that cingular and verizon do.
Roy

Hey Roy, for what it is worth, I have Alltel and travel between AZ and NY at least once a year. There is only one place I have been with the phone and not had service, up/down I-25 in New Mex but then even the cb doesn't work to well there.

So's the Sahara desert, compared to N. Dakota... and that's even AFTER Red left..
I've found that when an area has a low population density, it usually deserves it.. Mac
mac davis wrote:

Sometimes its a matter of making sure your phone has the latest firmware update for antenna locations. People are unware they need to update it every now and then.

Okay I'll bite. How and where do you get the latest firmware update for antenna locations.
Roy

with verizon, you do it over the air. not sure with nextel roy. with verizon, you should update the firmware every two months or so and miles is right, it can really make a difference.
Roy wrote:

Sprint/Nextel stores will do it usually for free. Newer phones can be done by calling customer service (*2 for Sprint, maybe Nextel) and requesting a PRL update flag. Then you call back later and it auto downloads. At least thats the way it works with Sprint and Sprint/Nextel merged and now use the same network so hopefully the same technique.

Thank you gentlemen, I'll give it a try.
Roy

definately worth a try but that is a lot to go thru. with verizon, you call *228 and chose option 2, the firmware updates while you are on the line. takes about a minute.

I just called nextel they said to bring it in and they can reprogram it. cost $15 but if it works......
Roy

works in Baja!
Nan's work uses it and her boss told her that if she could get it to work in Baja, she would love to have her as a consultant for a few hours a week when we move... An hour of her time at work is about 5 times the daily min. wage of $5 in Baja.. Mac

Should do it for free man...if they dont, find a Nextel COMPANY store. Ours here showed me how to do it online, with the data cable.

Sue took her phone in and they gave her all the upgrades so they say. We will know if there is any improvement in a couple of weeks.
Roy
I have been all over the country from Fl to Tx and to Tn. Never has my NEXTEL let me down. There must be a problem with your phone.