OT>>> Nextel Sucks!!!

I would have thought the whole east coast was a metropolitan area!! At least compared to ND it is!!

Reply to
Greg O

That would be my thought as well. The I-95 corridor has to be the most heavily traveled in the country. You'd think that N-tel would have more towers. Seems that cingular and verizon do.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Hey Roy, for what it is worth, I have Alltel and travel between AZ and NY at least once a year. There is only one place I have been with the phone and not had service, up/down I-25 in New Mex but then even the cb doesn't work to well there.

Reply to
azwiley1

I have been all over the country from Fl to Tx and to Tn. Never has my NEXTEL let me down. There must be a problem with your phone.

Reply to
Gunner

And that has what to do with the I-95 corridor?

Don't ya think I might have checked with another phone? Tried 3 N-tel's My wifes, mine and my work phone. They all were getting the same no service message at the same time. Friends of mine I find out after the fact had the same problem.

It would seem that the guy had it right.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

So's the Sahara desert, compared to N. Dakota... and that's even AFTER Red left..

I've found that when an area has a low population density, it usually deserves it.. Mac

mac davis

Sometimes its a matter of making sure your phone has the latest firmware update for antenna locations. People are unware they need to update it every now and then.

Reply to
miles

Okay I'll bite. How and where do you get the latest firmware update for antenna locations.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

with verizon, you do it over the air. not sure with nextel roy. with verizon, you should update the firmware every two months or so and miles is right, it can really make a difference.

Reply to
theguy

Sprint/Nextel stores will do it usually for free. Newer phones can be done by calling customer service (*2 for Sprint, maybe Nextel) and requesting a PRL update flag. Then you call back later and it auto downloads. At least thats the way it works with Sprint and Sprint/Nextel merged and now use the same network so hopefully the same technique.

Reply to
miles

Thank you gentlemen, I'll give it a try.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

definately worth a try but that is a lot to go thru. with verizon, you call *228 and chose option 2, the firmware updates while you are on the line. takes about a minute.

Reply to
theguy

I just called nextel they said to bring it in and they can reprogram it. cost $15 but if it works......

Roy

Reply to
Roy

We just found out the first good thing that I've ever heard about nextel.... It works in Baja!

Nan's work uses it and her boss told her that if she could get it to work in Baja, she would love to have her as a consultant for a few hours a week when we move... An hour of her time at work is about 5 times the daily min. wage of $5 in Baja.. Mac

mac davis

Should do it for free man...if they dont, find a Nextel COMPANY store. Ours here showed me how to do it online, with the data cable.

Reply to
aka-SBM

Sue took her phone in and they gave her all the upgrades so they say. We will know if there is any improvement in a couple of weeks.

Roy

Reply to
Roy