OT-Our tow trucks are an endangered breed !!!

A 160 road bike? That one was before my time. I can remember Honda's 305 dream machine. My first bike was the CB-350.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

sheep will do (from the old country ) dont forget the velcro hey, heard of pressed duck? after you eat the wabbit (they won't tell if you eat them), i'll tell you how an ol' algonquin told me to cure the fur (if you hurry you can make a bunny outfit for the missus before feb 14) rach

Reply to
Rachel Easson

Lessee . . .the pants were up, not down ( I don't nap under trees like you do, Greg)

and it was a neutered tomcat.

Now that I think back on it and dredge thru the memory files . . .I seem to remember the pain was about like what you would get with 1/2 a hive in your pants.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

How would _YOU_ know that, Greg?

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

IIRC, _kid_, the CB-160 was a one year deal and I've heard rumors that a mint bike now goes for around $12K. Mine was far from mint.

The next year they re-worked the head design, fired the cylinders like a Triumph (180 crank pins. The 160 had a 360 degree crank, the pistons moved together, and fired the cylinders alternately . . .very smooth). It came in the sport (CB) and trail (CT) styles, but the engine was too peaky)

The 305 Dream and Super Sport came out in 65, iirc.

My last Honda was a 72 CB-450. A good bike, but I decided to fulfill the dream of owning a Cushman so I sold it.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

hey don't ask -- eac to his won hey

Reply to
Rachel Easson

Back when I was the bee inspector (yes there is such a thing) I was with am Amish fellow lookig at his hive and wearing shorts. One of his hives was a little fiesty and a bee went up my pants leg and nailed me pretty good. It was pretty tuff going on like nothing ever happened!

Later that summer while at the Amish mill one of them reconized me and said"There's that crazy beekeeper that works bees in shorts!" I never had any idea that I would get such a reputation. I have been flagged dowm by them when they see my truck with the licence plate "honeybs" on it to ask bee questions.

Getting to know those people has been one of the funner things in my life.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

I believe that it is a popular sport in Ireland . They put the ferrit up one pants leg and have to wait for it come out the other. The one that stands it the longest wins.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Rachel, in this group, darn little is off limits for comment by 900% of the group . . .just to give you fair warning.

Btw, welcome to the second most rednecked group on the internet ( The other group still thinks "logging on" is adding wood to a fire)

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

You sure that not Pennsylvanian?

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

good one

no problem -- worked with truckers out west, then the sewer crew i calgary i affectionally nicknamed the shit-disturbers which stuck and married a mechanic, lived with an wreckers parts mgr. common-law, love real-men hands, drink beer, etc. you get the point rach

p.s. i had thought i had made a coment about eating the rabbits so they can't talk, skinning the fur and making a bunny outfit for feb 14 for the missus -- could keep the warm fury rabbits on the cheeks with pins until he sits on them -- heard of a recipe called pressed duck? remember a joke about scots and velcro to keep the sheep in the welly boots.. yes i can say that Easson is scottish and also 1/2 irish

Reply to
Rachel Easson

Nope. Gerbils. Thanks for the laugh Budd.

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

But not original . . I stole it.

I know the type. I've been a heavy equipment mechanic, truck driver, sewage technician ( Roto Rooter and for a city but found both jobs just a little bit too crappy), Sergeant in a dump truck platoon, taxicab driver, janitor, small engine mechanic, instructor for the handicapped, carpenter, stonemason, millwright, physcal plant maintenance manager, artist and author.

Heck, you're not as confused as I am . . .Scottish, moved during an invasion by the Brits to Ireland, moved back after the invasion and have ancestry in both countries . . . .

We haven't quite figured out why Denny wears the bunny suit so much, but we're also not sure we want to know . . . .

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

I can't take all the credit, Rachel and Greg got a couple good ones in also.

Glad to have made your day better.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

cool -- but scotts do still have a distinct society, and both are known for their stubbornness, tempers (and drinking), and most scotts and irish are proud of these reputations! rach p.s. Denny collects bunnys -- all kinds ;-) a hobby sort of... gotta guess but sounds good anyway

Reply to
Rachel Easson

As well as the Scotts being famous for their native engineeering skills and thrift.

Saw a Scottish friend once scraping off his wallpaper. I asked him if he was redecorating and he said he was moving.

No, he doesn't collect every kind there's one species of bunny his better half won't let him keep, I don't think, even if Mr. Hefner sent him a dozen for free.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

so true -- lots of engineering in our family but i think i got the thrift side which is also very good

in 2002 i bought (now sold) a place with 27000 sq ft property in downtown hull needing gutting, tearing off attached outbuildings, roof repair, crawlspace and wall insulating, windows, siding, gutters, trenching and landfill, new stairs, plumbing, electrrical complete rewiring, joists in the bathroom, etc, etc -- 3 well packed 40 foot dumpsters later -- and a friend asked me if i was redecorating -- i replied that redecorating implies that at some point it was decorated!

scotts are also known for sexy legs ;-) -- the men anyway and bravery (irish too) i used to play a bit of bagpipes years ago

you never know -- once when my dad asked my mom what she'd like for her birthday, she replied with some thought, "someone to cook, clean -- lightbulb went on -- a wife!" dad said that would be ok with him too ;-)

oh well, maybe he can give her a bunny outfit for valentines

Reply to
Rachel Easson