OT....patching concrete

I got a concrete floor that the top layer on concrete, maybe 1/4" thick, has flaked off over the last few years. The largest spot is maybe the size of a basketball and the underlaying concrete seems to be very solid. I see that Quickcrete has a cleaner to remove the accumulated grease/oil, a bonding agent to make it stick better and a vinyl concrete overlayment mix that you just add water and trowel it on.. Am I on the right track???

Denny

Reply to
Denny

"Denny" wrote in message news:sFuAf.28891$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com...

How many spots or area's are lifting?

Just a few small ones your all set with the plan you outlined.

You will get a laugh out of this. A friend and I went for a 20mile ride with the atv's. Real nice 50 degree day, not much wind at all, the sun was out, I'm sure ya get the picture. Anyway on the way back running about 25mph along this trail it takes a hard left and turns up hill. My buddy is ahead of me and I see his rooster tail as he makes the turn and hit's the gas, I get there start the turn and nail it and the left front hooks a log and up and over we go. I jump but the friggin atv rolls and follows me and it rolls quicker than I can. Actually it stops rolling when it lands on my right leg, all 600 ponds of it. Now I've got this damn thing pinning me, I'm trying to kick it off me with my other leg and shut it off at the same time(damn thing was still running). Finally shut it down and got it off me but man does the ankle hurt. Call my buddy who hasn't a clue where the hell I am, he figured I went straight as I was so far off the trail into the bush's he couldnt see me or my machine(not to be confused with "the machine" that mac has). Gotta love those cell phones. We flipped it back onto it's wheels, no damage to the quad. In fact it fired right up. Made it home without further bs other than getting hung up crossing a stream but I winched my friend out. Now my ankle is out like a tennis ball, hurts to walk but Sue made plans for us to go out to some party tonight, maybe with a few drinks I'll feel better. Who the hell am I kidding, in the morning I know all the bumps and bruises will be screaming. Just a example why ya never ride these things alone and the need for a cell phone on vibrate 'cause ya can't hear them over the engine.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Probably 10-12 in all. It's the area that's under the engine/trans area of the work stall that takes a beating. The wheels of the tranny jack catch in them and makes it a bitch to roll.

Damn, you left so many openings that I just can't count them all. But in light of your probably broken ankle that you'll have checked out tomorrow when you can't even hobble out to the couch, I'll be a gentleman.......... I know you are careful when riding but remember not to do stupid things on them. Thursday night, a 27 year old guy from around here got killed riding an atv down a railroad track after dark with no lights on. He hit another atv coming at him with no lights on either. Shit happens but being stupid is well...stupid.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Boy do i have some ideas if you have the cash -- have some wishlist items in a bookmark folder for my basement and garage (when I build one) to consider, while you have a coat to put down or after you repair if the whole floor is still wet:

#1 Two Guy's Garage floor:

their floor under sponsors link is
repair and hydrostatic (leakage) protection in one with chemical and radon protection:
and
great sealants:
happy hunting! rach

Reply to
Rachel Easson

Just a quick thought. You might want to skim the whole area so it will adhere better. Also might want to drill into the existing cement in a bunch of places so the skim will sorta anchor itself.

Nah, not broken, I can put weight on it no problem. Just sore and swollen.

Yup, stupid is stupid, and no lights is real stupid. We use lights in the day time too.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

well up here in canada ehhh it's really safe -- your atv would go nohere -- we just got close to another foot of snow yesterday -- you wouldn't even need a helmet (LOL) actually when i first skimmed through it, i only felt sympathy for you -- no chance of running into anyone in the bush up here AND it's so quiet youwould here them -- but i just looked at roy's reply, forgot you were on atv's and was thinking to myself; full faced helmet, full skidoo suit or you'd freeze to death going at speeds over 70mph actually if you want to pick a fight with your atv go ahead -- this time you came out quite well -- hope the golf ball if going down rach

Reply to
Rachel Easson

No rach, I didn't pick a fight with it. Just made a mistake, happens every so often. One of the deals that come with any motor sport, ya tumble.

You are right, a few lumps and bumps was fortunate, coulda been a lot worse. The swelling has gone done a bit but I'm sure feeling my age this morning.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

sorry roy, i have a really warped sense of humour -- ok, it picked a fight with you ;-)

Reply to
Rachel Easson

Either way, it won.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

So tell us, bro.. how DOES it feel to be 90?? *ducking*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Well bro.. I haven't reached you age. Actually feel pretty good, managed to get my boots on and the plow on the truck, so I guess I'll go into work this afternoon and see how things go. If the swelling get's unbearable I'll stay home for a day or two and stay off my feet.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

WORK?

I thought you did the railroad thing...

how hard can it be to put your feet up on a desk??

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Yup, you know the place where ya go and hang out for 8+ hours a day and they give ya money(never enough) to pay bills and buy toy's

For 36 years, only 16 months to go, I hope.

It didn't work out that way last night. Everything that could go wrong, did. Anyway I was on my feet all night and found by the end of the night I couldn't get up into a locomotive without a bunch of pain. It was real puffy this morning, it may be more screwed up than I first thought. So this afternoon I'm going to get it X rayed and see what the doc has to say, Sue has been after me since it happened to get some pic's taken so she will be happy.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

..this

good idea Sue ;-) -- i figured a somewhat black ankle could be normal for a tear so took me three days until my leg started going cold and i went for pics and found out i fractured my leg below the knee and broke it clean off at the ankle -- actually breaks can take less time to heal than tears so try not worry. if you need a cast, try to get an air cast -- they are much lighter, don't cost much, and you can open them up a bit to let the leg/ankle breathe and gently rub at the scum with a cloth or even get in the bath, take the cast off and soak it if you are allowed

best of luck, it's not fun either way rach

Reply to
Rachel Easson

Had the x-rays done, nothing broken, but a hell of a lot of bruising. They were curious as to the metal that showed up in the pics. Some things just never go away, eh bro.. Now I have a elastic brace deal and instructions to stay home and keep my foot up for the rest of the week. Hmmmmm.. wonder if I can sneak to the range and go through a few hundred rounds.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Just goes to show you shoulda landed on something soft . . . . and Denny's never around when you need him . . . . . . . Wait-a-minit . . . .when the pink fuzzy bunny is around you never see Denny . . . .

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Rachel, I know you're new around here but I've seen ole Roy. They don't make casts that big...

Denny

Reply to
Denny

And if I was there and saw that blubber butt come rolling towards me, I'd still be running......

Super Rabbit??? Wonder Bunny???

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Like a wide assed rabbit, attacks a guy when he's injured. Wait a minute! That's my rule, good shot fur face!!

Got snow??

Roy

Reply to
Roy