OT....patching concrete

Page 2 of 4
Trebuchets, in French, Roy . . .or in Redneckese, Punkin' Chuckers.
Budd

Well, that's why I gave you the Redneck translation.
Besides, it don't sound so sissy-fied, either, duz-it?
Budd

hey Budd... I think in Roy's neck of the woods they use them to throw old Chevys into cranberry bogs..

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Why in the heck would they want to contaminate the bogs????
Budd

good question....
then again, why would they want to live on the right coast, anyway??

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Because they're not lefties or leftists . . . .VBG
Budd (ducking and waddling as fast as he can)
Budd

You guy's elected the fool.
Roy (Limping away lmfao)
Huh????
Not getting into a political argument. Just teasing because of the high concentration of leftists on the left coast, that's all.
Let it go, please. I'm sorry I said it
Budd

No cowboy's> <VBG>
Roy

Cause they all talk funny over there, not like us normal mid-westerners..
Denny

gotta tell you, i am still working on my french, but communicate ok, but up in the gatineaus (quebec) many of the locals speak no english and their accents are REALLY thick, not like ottawa/hull. believe me, when they speak, THEY don't sound like sissys!
one of my neighbours, built like an ox, was asking me for a "time"-- he pointed at an envelope and i thought he wanted the date, and no, a full minute of laughing and sign language later i discovered he meant a stamp [timbre] ("tambrhhh") -- yes, you have to drive 7 miles for one of those. I joked with him i could learn algonquin like that!
rach

here in Moab, Utah a few years back during a Jeep Safari. I was working at the local hospital and one was complaining of "mal au tete" and the nurse thought he wanted to feel something . . . .even with the blood running down the poor guy's temple area. I guess that one year of French I took back in high school saved him a broken nose also.

From what I remember of it (it was shortly after Noah docked the Ark, ya know) French was not that easy to learn for me . . .of course, having a teacher that was from the Southern US and was taught French by a German didn't help much. Once we all got a laugh when she told us a joke, " How do they speak in southern France? Bon Jour, y'all."
Budd

we're going through the same thing.. my wife is in her 2nd year of Spanish class as we gear up to move to Mexico..
interesting point that she made the other day was that the work "espouso" (which I've probably spelled wrong) has 2 meanings: wife and hand cuffs... they must be kinda kinky down there.. *g*
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Try clicking on the "Back to Mac" link in the upper left hand corner. It doesn't look like a link but it is and all the stuff you are looking for is there.
"Roy" < snipped-for-privacy@home.net> wrote in message

I did, wouldn't work.
Didn't work for me either, but from the looks of things, Mac makes the kid do the work, the slave driver.
Budd

I wish... he moved back in a couple of months ago and hasn't done shit.. takes him 3 steps to haul ass and then only if it's on fire.. Great argument for birth control..

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Well, if he's of legal age, you can charge room and board, just like anyone else. One of my sons quit a job and started acting like we owed him and I looked him in the eye and told him either/or. . . either get a job or I get an eviction paper for him.
He got a job.
Budd

This one thinks that he's really smart and we're dumber than a box of rocks... he had a job within a week of moving here, but quit it after 3 weeks because "he wasn't getting quality time with us"... He's moving to Vegas soon and will be his girl friends problem for a while..
looking back with 20-20 hindsight, maybe I shouldn't have stopped his brothers from kicking his ass all those times... might have been a reality check..