OT....patching concrete

thanks... that was sort of my beginning stuff... need to post a gallery or something "when I get time"..lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

But she only knew about 1 or 2, Budd.. *eg*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

This one thinks that he's really smart and we're dumber than a box of rocks... he had a job within a week of moving here, but quit it after 3 weeks because "he wasn't getting quality time with us"... He's moving to Vegas soon and will be his girl friends problem for a while..

looking back with 20-20 hindsight, maybe I shouldn't have stopped his brothers from kicking his ass all those times... might have been a reality check..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

we're going through the same thing.. my wife is in her 2nd year of Spanish class as we gear up to move to Mexico..

interesting point that she made the other day was that the work "espouso" (which I've probably spelled wrong) has 2 meanings: wife and hand cuffs... they must be kinda kinky down there.. *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

damn... I didn't know my fan base was so umm... broad.. *eg*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Because they're not lefties or leftists . . . .VBG

Budd (ducking and waddling as fast as he can)

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

They all do. My youngest came over to visit the other day and actually admitted we had been right about watching the money.

He was ten bucks short for the light bill, so I put a lien on his bicycle. Pay day is Monday, and we'll see if he walks to work.

Yeah, I rough on the kids (both boys), but, OTOH, when the older boy's friends in the Navy decided to get into trouble, he didn't go along . . .they ended up in the drunk tank off base and late for roll call.

Hmm, maybe he should have thought about spending that time with you a few years ago. Now is the time to spend quality time paying your way in life.

Uh, oh . . .I see a bad moon rising. Wanna bet on how long that will last?

That was the job I had. It seems to have worked so far. But life will soon kick his butt for you, hopefully.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

I only expect Jesus to walk on unfrozen water. Women just make us men try to do it to impress them. . . .I'm still trying to do it for my bride.

Besides, you're from CA . . .nobody wants to know what goes on in CA . . . . (wink, wink) ;^)

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

No cowboy's>

Roy

Reply to
Roy

You guy's elected the fool.

Roy (Limping away lmfao)

Reply to
Roy

Bro, do I detect acheap shot there?

I happen to have a good memory, unlike the more aged folks that hang out here.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Cause they all talk funny over there, not like us normal mid-westerners..

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Huh????

Not getting into a political argument. Just teasing because of the high concentration of leftists on the left coast, that's all.

Let it go, please. I'm sorry I said it

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Actually, I thought it was well done and correctly targeted.. *g*

Mac

mac davis

If that is your beginning stuff then I am even more impressed. I made a bowl once in high school woodshop and it came out pretty good. I was impressed anyway and my mother still has it displayed on the china cabinet. Someday I would like to get a lathe but I really need to get my shop put together first (raised floor). I got my new toy almost a month ago and still have yet to put it together (a Grizzly cabinet saw). When you collect some pictures of you more recent work, let me know.

Reply to
TBone

The lathe is SO much easier than flat work... no measuring angles, tight joints, worrying if everything is square, etc..

Whatever you turn is cool, and if you throw a 30 second coat of friction polish on it, you get all the ooo's and ahhh's that flat work gets.. *g*

Did you look at "chuck's page", where I show him my screw-ups and ask him what to do next? *g*

Mac

mac davis