OT Pick the candidate

Page 1 of 4
We all have had a chance to see and hear the collection of phony's running for president from both parties.
Here's your chance to pick the final two. Yes, only one from the Dems and
Repubs. While we are at it pick the winner.
I'm going with Rudy vs Hillary. She wins.
Roy
Roy wrote:

McCain vs. Edwards. McCain wins.
I highly doubt that any female or non-white male will be elected for at least 20 more years. I didn't believe it myself until I spent some time in east Texas.
Craig C.

I agree. This country has come a long way with discrimination laws but I don't think these laws have changed the minds of many. It may have prevented them from publicly acting and speaking their minds, but voting is not public. You can't prevent anyone from voting against a woman or a black person. I know several people here in Georgia that plan to do just that if it comes down to it. Sadly, I believe if either of them win the election they won't live long enough to see inauguration day.
--
Ken

I went to visit my BIL in Waverly, Texas, northwest of Houston. He took us to a dirt track car race. For the whole evening, it was heaven not to see ONE Mexican or black. I love red necks.
Steve
I don't think race is the issue as much as the victim mentality and other super liberal ideas many still espouse. Reactive personalities for the most part. Hillary is always against something, never for something unless it's a vote getter.
Midlant wrote:

Thats not unique to Hillary. In general the Dems have been against everything and for nothing.

And what exactly have the Republicans done for us?

TBone wrote:

Sent our money, jobs and military overseas. Aren't you thankful?
:-) Craig C.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

Got to get out from under liberal taxes some how.
Heatwave wrote:

Yeah ... now we're 9 trillion in debt. Know how we're going to pay that debt back? Even higher taxes.
Tax cuts in war time. Yeah, that was great plan.
Craig C.
Now don't argue with the idiotic right winger. After all, they know everything. Just look at the great shape the country is in now.
"Craig C." < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message
TBone wrote:

It's not good. However, I wonder how much better, if at all, it would be if Kerry had won. Sure he'd have done better in some areas like the environment, the war and fiscal responsibility. However, these likely would be overshadowed by a liberal immigration plan and worse foreign policy.
I still cannot believe that Kerry was the Dems answer to the 2004 race. That even trumps the Republicans choosing Dole in 1996.
Craig C.

Sure I am as is a large percentage of the middle class (or what's left of it anyway).

Craig C. wrote:

More jobs have been insourced than outsourced. But you can thank the liberals support anti-competitive legislature for making it necessary for companies to move elsewhere.

This is complete horseshit Miles and you have yet to back up any of this. You keep talking about the auto industry and while Toyota and Honda have in-sourced many jobs, look at how many more were moved to Mexico and Canada by the big three and how many more were simply lost due to competition from Toyota and Honda. You really need to pull your head out of your ass and look around a little. Besides the auto industry, please list all of these jobs that have been in-sourced and then compare that to the textile industry, electronics, industry, steel industry, tool manufacturing..... And then look at our trade deficit. If we are still manufacturing so much, why are we importing so much more than we are exporting, especially with the current weakness of the dollar, hell, we should be exporting like crazy. Sorry Miles, but the facts and numbers simply don't back you up. As for this being the liberals fault, sorry Miles, but that has nothing to do with it. It is greed and the conservative support of it that is causing most of these problems.

TBone wrote:

No Tom, that would be you that simply guesses at what you do not know based on your own bias devoid of facts.
Insourcing companies include: ABB Inc.; Alcon Inc.; Honda; BAE Systems North America; GKN Aerospace Services; Hitachi Chemical Co.; Hyundai-Kia; Matsushita Electric Corporation; Nestl USA, Inc.; Reed Elsevier; Roche Consulting; Saint-Gobain; Shaklee Corporation; Siemens Corporation; Sodexho Inc.; Sony Electronics; Thales Inc.; Toyota Motor North America; Unilever United States, Inc.; Vodafone Americas Inc.; and Zurich North America;
And these are JUST in California alone where they employ 714,000 Americans. You really have no clue as to the scope of insourcing do you? Why must you always just guess at what you do not know? Insourcing dwarfs outsourcing.

I see you deleted what you could not answer once again, imagine that. What I said is not devoid of facts, I just don't use the time shifting that you like to use.

LOL, get real Miles, besides the obvious ones such as Toyota and Honda, how many of these are actually manufacturing jobs and even with the ones that are not, how many of these employees are HB1 employees and how many of these workers are simply displaced from other companies that have shut down or cut back due to these companies comming in? Perhaps you could explain why there are so many closed factories if the net insourcing exceeds outsourcing. Then perhaps you could explain the economic sense of what you are saying.

Fine Miles, now how about talking about the lost manufacturing jobs in New Jersey, New York, PA, MA, NC, and most of the east coast. Did they all go to California.

Yes, I do and despite your fuzzy math and time shifting, far more MANUFACTURING jobs have left the country.

Sorry Miles, but I know better than to fall for the right wing spin that you constantly drive home. I know far to many people that have lost their manufacturing jobs and are stuck working in retail because these jobs no longer exist.

TBone wrote:

The fact remains that there are far more insourced jobs employing American workers at foreign owned subsidaries that outsourced. You fail to realize the numbers and argue without basis.

There are over 6.5 million insourced jobs in the USA. 714,000 just in California alone. So no Tom, they didn't just all go to California. In reality, people are moving out of California into AZ, NV, NM etc.

Time shifting? There are more jobs than just manufacturing. However, much is in manufacturing and plenty are in hi-tech jobs, meaning not low paying as you have implied before. Show me some numbers Tom, insourced vs. outsourced. Go ahead. Or are you not interested in reality?

I see. You know a handful of people and thus you extrapolate that to the entire country as a way of proving more jobs are outsourced than insourced huh? The numbers I pulled are from readily available stats. Show me the numbers Tom. Go ahead and support your wild based on a few people you know conclusions.

Because it is complete BS and makes no economic sense. Another way around this is to redefine outsourced which seems to be what is being done.

Fine Miles but you still didn't expalin all of the empty factories. Where exactly are all of these manufacturing jobs?

The problem Miles is that manufacturing is where the money actually comes from. Unless you are creating something, all you are doing is shifting money around.

Once again Miles, you are full of it. Many low to mid level tech jobs have been outsourced as well ah the majority of manufacturing jobs. Sure, some of the really big stuff is still made here. Too bad most of the parts to build them are coming from somewhere else outside of the US. Please give me a list of high tech manufacturing that is completely made here in the US. Where are just about all consumer electronics are built elsewhere.

Not really Miles. I know many people in this situation and they know many. Just look at the number of employees Wall-Mart has and then look up the average salary. Then add in Home Depot, Lowe's, Target, K-Mart, Sears, and so many others like them and the average salary for their employee's not to mention places like Mc Donnalds, Burger King, and all of the other fast food places. These jobs used to be occupied by people as second jobs or the other half just bringing in vacation money but that is no longer the case. Many of these workers are now depending on these shit holes for their primary income and health care. Sorry Miles, but no matter how hard you try and spin it, reality will not shange because you don't like what it has to say.

Then supply some links to show and educate us all.

TBone wrote:

I listed quite a few companies already for you that employ 1000's. You snipped it.

So the engineers, scientists, chemists, design artists etc. who create the items to be manufactured are worthless huh? Most of the 714,000 insourced jobs in California alone are in the high-tech field. They don't count because they're not manufacturing huh?