OT Pick the candidate

Page 2 of 4

While you folks are going over numbers, see if you can find out how many have paid benefits. You know the kind that use to be available, like medical, dental, vision that sorta stuff.

that pretty much sums up any thread trying to justify the political "philosophies" of any party, dems, repubs or libs or whatever. in fact, it may do a pretty fair job of describing govt. in general.

On this I feel that we sadly agree.

TBone wrote:

I'm a Craig-o-crat.
Folks that BELONG to a party and are straight party voters are doing this country a disservice. Period.
Craig C.

And on this, we most fully agree.

TBone wrote:

How many Reps did you vote for in 2006?

None and why should I. They have done a lousy job. I did vote for a few independents however. I have voted for Reps in the past including Rep presidents. How many Dems have you voted for President or even members of Congress?

TBone wrote:

You said you agree that straight line party voters do a disservice to this country. Now you're asking why you should vote for ANY rep?
I'll tell you one example. Because since the Dems took control they have completely failed to do what they campaigned to do. They tossed their campaign in the trash and are doing exactly what I told you they would do prior to the elections to which you scoffed. They have not reduced spending. Even if you use the Iraq war as an excuse lets look at all other spending. The Dems have passed one pork barrel spending bill after another. They tried to bury 20 billion $'s of unrelated pork spending in the recently failed war bills. Say what you want about the Reps but the Dems are not setting a better example.

That was not a question Miles, it was a statement.

LOL, get real Miles, the Reps had well over 10 years and 7 with a Republican President and and what have they accomplished? The Dems have control by the slimest of margines and still have an idiot as the President to deal with. As for the pork barrel spending, please list specific examples. They did try to do something about this war but our President would rather get thousands of our troops killed than take responsibility for extending this war.

Please list them and then please explain how they are able to do this without Reps help and the President signing off on them.

Please list them or provide a link that does.

Again, until you provide something to back up your argument, it is really nothing but spin.

TBone wrote:

"Why Should I" is a question not a statement. What you're saying is that you asked the question but don't give a rats ass about any answer.

You referring to a horribly written bill that failed? You referring to a horrible bill that included 20 billion $'s in unrelated pork? It failed and was rewritten considerably better but the pork is still in there. Even the Dem congress wouldn't support it without that 20 billion in pork. Thats what your Dems care about. Gotta have that pork.

I prefer to fight the likes of Al Queda and not return to the tactics of pre 9/11 as the Dems wish us to do.

Are you serious? Are you telling me you have no idea what was in the Dems failed war spending bill? Actually I expect this from you. You have never been one to look deep into any issues. Just headline surface stuff for you but here you go, even though you'll discredit it without basis. $20 billion of unrelated pork in the Dems war bill is FACT.
What is $74 million for peanut storage, $25 million for spinach growers and $100 million for citrus growers etc. doing in a Iraq spending bill anyways?
http://www.examiner.com/a-619204~Congress_loads_up__20_billion_in_pork.html

Sorry Miles, but it can be either.

No, that would be you. But if you have a valid answer (and I don't see one) then feel free to say what it is, I'll listen.

Funny how as soon as the time limit was removed, he signed it, pork and all.

LOL, sorry to kill your spin Miles, but it would take more votes than the Dems have to override the pinheads veto. You are also not making much sense. First you say that the Dems don't support the pork and then you say that the Dems just gotta have it. Make up your mind already. I guess that they learned this trick from the Reps who did it thru all of the Clinton years.

The problem is that we are not doing that either. We are too busy wasting time and resources in Iraq.

Yes, and as usual, you are unable to provide it.

All I see here are headlines Miles, exactly what you are always whining about other people doing. Where are the links explaining what these funds are actually doing and why they are not necessary. All I see are headlines and I would expect they were put into the war bill to get it passed as out current president only cares and gives money to those who need it the least. The Reps were doing this all thru Clintons terms and I didn't hear any complaints from you then. Why is that Miles?

That was not a question Miles, it was a statement.

LOL, get real Miles, the Reps had well over 10 years and 7 with a Republican President and and what have they accomplished? The Dems have control by the slimest of margines and still have an idiot as the President to deal with. As for the pork barrel spending, please list specific examples. They did try to do something about this war but our President would rather get thousands of our troops killed than take responsibility for extending this war.

Please list them and then please explain how they are able to do this without Reps help and the President signing off on them.

Please list them or provide a link that does.

Again, until you provide something to back up your argument, it is really nothing but spin.

TBone wrote:

They are for something. I'll agree they haven't gotten the job doen but they are for something. The Dems are not. They have only stated the past 8 years what they are against. Never what they are for. Did you watch the Dems debate? If so, you'd see what I mean by what nearly 100% of their responses were. Rarely did anyone state what they would do, only what they wouldnt do.

And this means what? How about not a damn thing. You can be for everything correct but if you fail to accomplish any of it, then you need to be replaced. Perhaps the Dems don't want to make the same empty promises that the Reps did and look like the liers that the Reps currently do.

Obviously, they are for the opposit of what they are against. Perhaps, they don't know what needs to be done until what is being done wrong is stopped.

Nope, it is way too soon for any of them. Too much can change between now and election time.

That is why I didn't bother to watch it. It is way to soon to start making promises.

TBone wrote:

We agree on that! But to suggest the Dems have anyone that offers anything better is plain wrong. The Dems have spent over 6 years simply saying they can do this or that better but have failed completely in telling us how. This is exactly why the now democratic led congress approval rating has plummeted sharply since they took control.

What? So thats the Dems campaign plan? Don't stand for anything, don't promise anything, don't offer anything. Then when things go wrong they can't be blamed because they did nothing. Is there a Dr. in the house for this guy poor liberal

That isn't true. What is the Dems plan for fighting global terrorism? I know what they are against. But what is it they are for? The Dems refuse to say. They offer nothing but a return to the pre-9/11 methods of ignoring.

The Dems have been saying the same things over and over for over 6 years and you're telling me they're waiting for the election to get closer before they can tell us their secret plans? During the last mid-term elections Pelosi touted how the Dems have a plan. They got control. Now wheres that plan of Peolosi's? She and the other Dems still refuse to state what it is. Only what it isn't.
I agree. If justice Clarence Thomas ever ran, I think a lot of conservatives would vote for him. Same for Sect. State Rice.

I pick Donald vs. Daisy!

What is this crap doing in this group anyway?

Here we go, another net-nanny

He's your toy, you found him first.