OT Ping<<<>>> Denny

Did you get any of this storm that we are supposed to have over the next 36 hours? Blizzard warnings are up, prediction is for excess of 16 inches of dry snow. Talking about 3-4 inch's of snow per hour, winds are supposed to be 50-60mph at the height of the storm. Seeing as it is supposed to end late Sunday afternoon I think we might wait until it stops rather than going with it. It will be deep but light so the trucks should move it okay.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

We didn't get much at all. Just got done driving the lots and there's maybe a half inch on them. I got one account that's "very" picky so I'll go leave tracks on their lot before they open but that's it. Last weekend we got about an inch or two of slush during the day that froze right away so there wasn't much to do for that.

Got another toy last week...a Yugoslav sks. Do I have to tell you what a bitch it is to get cosmoline cleaned off??? I found that the jet washer at the shop does a good job getting the worst of it off. Then while everything is still warm, using a blow gun will blow out all the nooks and crannys. The bore had a lot of copper fouling that a good soaking with Butches boreshine took out. There is some rust pitting in the lands but it's shootable. I'd be pissed if my swift barrel looked like this but I guess I'm not real picky with this one. I put about 15 rounds thru it this afternoon and it works. Don't know how accurate it is yet. I'll wait till I quit shivering to check that out.

And just to piss me off, when I walked into the gun shop to get some ammo, the guy looks up, smiles and tells me the black stainless that I wanted two months ago but couldn't get is in. DAMN!!!! I had to ask about trading in my stainless for it but we're still in the negotiating stages.

Have fun with your snow!! I'm going back to bed...

Denny

Reply to
Denny

We are getting hammered. Like all plans, ours went on it's ass. The stuff is drifting, going to have to stay with it for now. Going to try to hit again for the next few hours, knock off for some food and see where we are. Maybe get a chance to see some of the race that was postponed from yesterday. Think it is on at 4PM.

Vert nice!!

Nope.

I went smaller. Bought a Walther PPKS, very accurate at 25 feet. Something to play with I guess. Been useing the Sig 239 357 as a carry.

Here's one I didn't tell ya about. Had a round explode in the Sig 226. Cartridge ruptured, blew half of the right grip off. I picked up some powder burns but no big deal. Sent it to Sig for repairs last week.

Lucky guy!!

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Rounds don't just "explode". Did you happen to fire it into a squib round?? It's rare but maybe a crack in the chamber let go?? Anyways, glad to hear you still have a hand hanging at the end of your arm. Have you ever set off a round that wasn't contained in a chamber?? You just get a little "pop" and the bullet moves a couple of feet and the shell case blossoms out. I'm really curious what Sig tells you about the gun. Have you heard anything from them yet?? Were you using factory ammo or reloads??? Damn!!!

Denny

Reply to
Denny

I too would like to know what Sig has to say about this. I have a P229 (.357)

Reply to
azwiley1

No.

No, I suspect a overcharge. Was split 1/16 from bottom of cartridge, maybe1/4" long.

No, Sig has had it about a week.

Factory.

Snow is drifting all over. Just stopped in to eat and shower. We should wrap up by noon Monday. I'll catch up with ya then.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Sig does make a nice weapon. The 226 is a 9MM Have a 239 in 357 and a 40 barrel to go with it. I can't decide which I like better the 357 or the 40. I'll give a shout when I hear from sig.

Roy

Reply to
Roy