OT PING --> GG

Page 1 of 2
oddly enough you asked me about chief joseph highway and two days later i got a call to repair an ice machine down in cooke city mt (beartooth pass is
closed due to snow, so the next best route is chief joseph highway). i took pictures and video of the trip down chief joseph highway, and you can see them at http://7slotgrille.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_IDw6
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com

lol not at all....how goes it larry?
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com

?? when/why did you get out?

wow, that move took a lot of balls. do you already have a lead on a job or something?
--
Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com

hey Nate
the first time we 'did the Beartooth' was in 98 in the old 84 B-350
the 360 was gasping pretty hard at the top
the next year we did it in the 93 GrandAm w. the Quad4
MUCH more fun
we did the Chief Joseph from S to N
don't know how it is N to S, looks like it would be a bit more dramatic
also in 2000, did Monarch Pass near Salida CO in our old 86 Ranger, first year for FI on the 2.9, won't adapt more than about 6000 ft
last March we did a quick one-week-er to the Big Horn Basin and back, the 91 Die-Nasty didn't miss a beat in 4k in 7 days
the 3.3 /A604 is a winning combo
Hey there G.
Have a question for you, with a 4R80E fit (directly) into my 99 NBS Silverado which currently has the 4R60E?

You've still got a couple of Mopar chromosomes mixed in your DNA there... it's a 4L60E and 4L80E in the Chebbies... 46RE and 48RE (47RE, too) in the real trucks :)
Damn, I will have to sue the Doc, the transfusion did not work successfully! Damn Quacks!!!
But it's ironic you knew what I meant, so I have to wonder Tom. LOL

nope
if you mean 4L60E and 4L80E, that is...................

That's what I meant, yes. How much would be involved to swap them? Thinking about it so I have the bigger trans behind the motor when I rebuild it.

I had a young fellow in here two years ago that was doing a 'complete engine and transmission from a 98 (with an 80E) into a 94 (which had a 60E)' type of swap
he swapped wiring harnesses and all, but later had to go back to the 60E when the 80 crapped
there was some kind of problem with re-wiring the transmission connector, he cut the 60E end off his old harness and spliced it wire-for-wire, but came to me when it wouldn't shift right, and I figured out the right wires to swap
in other words, the comp will drive both units, but the wiring is different
if you could find a wiring harness and comp from a truck that is identical in all other respects....cruise, 4WD, etc, it would be a snap

Thanks bud, I'll keep that in mind when (ever) I get to start doing it all.
:^)

But why would such a great cheby need rebuilding, larry? *eg*

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Piston-slapped itself to death, would be my guess :)
Only if it were a Ram. LOL
Like I said, 151k on it and I don't even burn oil.

Is that because it all leaks out before it gets the chance to burn it :-)

Only if it were a Ram!

Aw, come on, Larry... if it were a Ram, it would suck all the oil in through plenum gasket, and ping itself to death.... a subtle, but important, difference :)

46K, and I burn about 20 gallons a week :)