OT Ping<>

Page 4 of 4
Roy wrote:

I didn't get to watch the Dems. And ... I didn't watch the Repubs either. However, I did read the quotes and summaries following this weeks debates. Apparently, McCain "won" the debate last night. Romney is sliding down (thank god) and Duncan Hunter, who showed a lot of promise during the first debate, bombed and has little to no chance.
Looking like McCain vs. Obama or Edwards to me.
Craig C.

I think that it will be Rudy vs Hillary
Time for a new thread.
Rudy will not or at least should not get any support from the religious right both for his stance on abortion and because he was cheating on his wife and without that....
"Roy" < snipped-for-privacy@home.net> wrote in message
TBone wrote:

Cheated? Well, technically I suppose since he was still married. I thought they had been seperated at the time. Plus Rudy's relations with the other woman were hardly secret. He didn't hide a thing. Rudy will appear to many moderates from both parties. Honestly, I don't think any of the current candidates are worth a crap including Rudy.

Nope, he separated after it became public knowledge.

Not after he got caught red handed but that is not the point. It still shows him to be a man of not very high moral values.

You are probably right and what we need is a smart moderate from either side to balance the country out and bring the parties back together in some fashion. They are so far apart now with the current admin that we are a divided nation and that makes us weak and it is hard to defend against just about anything when we are like this.

TBone wrote:

Yep. Most of the Dem leaders are way to far left, such as Edwards, Kennedy etc. In the 2000 elections I greatly preferred McCain. I thought he was a good moderate. Lately however he has been all over the place. No way would I vote for him. There are several lower ranking politicians I would love to see run but so far they aren't. Such as JD Hayworth from AZ. He will probably run for AZ Govenor though.
McCain, Rudy, Romney are all worthless. Thompson maybe ok but I dont know enough about him. Edwards, Obama, Clinton, Richardson are all worthless. Dodd is the only Dem candidate I really don't know enough about.

LOL, how typical of you, a direct attack on the Dems.

Of course not, he is not far enough to the right for you.

And what party does Hayworth belong to? Is he rich? If not, then he has little chance anyway.

Thompson may be an ok guy but he is ray to far to the right and would further divide the country.

Edwards is way to far to the left at the moment and Obama has little chance right now. I don't agree with everything that Clinton wants to do but right now, she is the best chance for the Dems. Now if Gore decides to run again, then the Dems have someone worth voting for.

TBone wrote:

Nope. Against the Dem leaders running for president. Nice try!

Oh geez. Do you have a point to make? Is McCain too left or too right for you? He isn't either and he isn't a moderate. He can't make up his mind. He waffles like Kerry did. You like McCain? If so, why?

I have no idea how much money he has. But I do agree that only the wealthy can make it into office, Rep or Dem.

You defended Edwards when he was running with Kerry and scoffed when I said he was way to left. He hasn't changed at the moment so why your change in stance towards him?

If Clinton is the best chance for the Dems then that plays well for the Reps. The hardline Dems will vote for Clinton or just about any Dem that runs. But Clinton does not appeal to moderates and thats where the key deciding votes will be. Clinton also doesn't have support from the top Dem leaders as a whole.

You serious? Gore wouldnt stand a chance of winning. He has little to no support from anywhere in his own party. Might as well have Michael Moore run for office.
wrote in message

LOL, the sad truth is that anyone left of extreme right is a radical liberal to you.

Not really but as far as Republicans go....

Sad but true and you wonder why we can't find a leader worth a damn.

Yes he has and probably due to his wifes illness. His health care plan is way to expensive and will cost him the nomination.

Not really as they don't have one any better.

Just like the hardline Reps will vote for just about any Rep that runs so what exactly is your point?

LOL, where do you hget this from or do you just make it up. Sorry Miles but with no insult intended you are so far to the right you have no clue as to what the Dems or even the moderates want.

Open your eyes Miles, he won in the popular vote against Bush and if it wasn't for the news jumping the gun in Florida, he would have won that election.

As I said Miles, you must make this stuff up because you really don't have a clue.

TBone wrote:

I don't know anyone thats extreme right. The current Republican party certainly isn't. They're anything but conservative. Am I missing someone?

Clinton won't get the moderate vote. Whoever does will win.

The news may have effected the voters to the west where polls were open later. If Gore were so popular then as a seated VP in office he should have won by a landslide and not have had to worry about a slim margin in Florida. Why didn't Gore clean up in that election and win big since he was an incumbent that was so popular?

LOL, yea Miles, your extreme right bias.

How would you know? Being as far to the right as you are, I really don't think that you have a full understanding of what a true moderate form either side is looking for and this is not an insult, just an opinion.

Incorrect. The news declared Gore the winner about 2 hours before the polls closed which motivated the Republicans at the pools to jump on the phones and drive their people to the polls by making it known that it was much closer then the news made it sound and kept many of the older Democrates home as there was no point for them to go out as their guy already won. By the time the news realozed that they screwed up and called it wrong or actually influenced the outcome and changed their projected outcome, it was too late as the polls were about to close in Florida.

He didn't "clean up" because his campaign advisors sucked. They were way to influenced by the right wing smear campaign started years before the election and kept making the man run in different directions as well as the rights successful smearing of Clinton. The fact is that he still won the popular vote which indicates that he was the more popular choice and would have made a far better President than the idiot we currently have.

TBone wrote:

This coming from a radical liberal? Too funny.

2 hours before Florida closed? Did they announce Gore the winner before any of the votes had come through for California and other western states that would have still had 5 hours to close let alone report?

LOL, Gore lost because of the Reps. Why do liberals always blame otehrs for their own problems? They can never look at themselves and see what they need to do better. Bush stole the vote, Reps smeared the Dems. Good grief! Gore is just as much an idiot but from the other side.
Roy wrote:

I dont think Hillary will get the nomination. Too many high ranking Dem leaders despise the Clintons.
Craig C. wrote:

McCain wants amnesty. But then so do most politicians from both sides.