OT Poll!!!! Who wins???

Page 1 of 5
Super Tuesday who wins?? Dem and Repub. Pick a winner in each.
After the super bowl I'm not picking anything for a bit.<VBG>
Roy

Don't know about the winners, but it appears that America will be the loser. There's just not all that much to pick from with these two motley crews...
Joe wrote:

Every one of the remaining candidates seems to support an open border. We made that mistake in the 80's and seem to be geared up to repeat it.
Suddenly, without warning, Joe exclaimed (2/6/2008 10:28 AM):

Beat me to it. My candidate's not going to win anyway. No I won't tell you, I'm on vacation and don't want to get into a political debate.
Like Joe, I think until we all get off our fat butts and do something, we all lose. We should all vote our conscience, and to hell with who wins the primaries. I'm voting for my candidate, no matter who wins in the primaries. That's what write-in votes are for.
The one who kisses the corporations butts the best, wins anyway. The average citizen, loses.
Bah!
jmc

2 changes that I think would help a lot but will never happen:
Make it a popular vote and get rid of the electoral college... The EC worked well when only rich land owners could read, but I hope we're past that.. dump it and make it a one person-one vote election..
Have an additional vote box labeled "None of the above".. If a certain percentage vote NOTA, they have a set time to get different candidates and try again..
Oh.. and make me ruler of the world for a weekend.. It's GOOD to be king..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
mac davis wrote:

I couldn't agree more. And Mac, I would vote for you.
Bob

Sounds great to me. And let's get rid of the absurd primaries while we're at it.

So bro, ya want to be King for a day huh? Ya have to come up with knights of the round table, a court jester, sombody to ring the bell, I'm sure rabbit will be on the menu, AND ya need a queen, I can come up with a few candidates for that position. Shit, ya could start with PeterD, he wants to be moderator, so he strives for a position of authority, I'd bet he'd be a wonderful queen for ya. <VBG>
Roy

Damn, I had you in line for queen, bro.. with snojob as princess..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Not bad bro, not bad.<G>
Roy

thank you, kind sir.. *bow*
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Roy wrote:

Hey, and we can have the meetings at the White Castle. Where's my hossenfeffer!?
Bob

Ahhh... but if I were King, we'd meet here in Baja and party at the cantina for 2 bucks a beer and free chips & salsa..
BTW: Most of the beer here is 4.5%
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

That would give the cities too much power over rural areas, which, in effect, would lose all voice in Presidential elections.

the same, wherever they live..
AFAIK, cities are the deciding voting base now because of population density, so I'm not sure it would be any different with a popular vote..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
mac davis wrote:

If we had a pure democracy then 5 states would control 75% of the vote. Luckily we have an electoral that gives the other states a voice.
Suddenly, without warning, Joe exclaimed (2/6/2008 10:28 AM):

Beat me to it. My candidate's not going to win anyway. No I won't tell you, I'm on vacation and don't want to get into a political debate.
Like Joe, I think until we all get off our fat butts and do something, we all lose. We should all vote our conscience, and to hell with who wins the primaries. I'm voting for my candidate, no matter who wins in the primaries. That's what write-in votes are for.
The one who kisses the corporations butts the best, wins anyway. The average citizen, loses.
Bah!
jmc
Suddenly, without warning, jmc exclaimed (2/6/2008 9:08 PM):

sorry for the dupe. System hiccuped.
jmc
Roy wrote:

I liked Thompson but he's out. Whats left is worthless. There honestly isn't anyone still in the running thats worth a dang from either party.

I guess as long as they don't invade Mexico, I'll continue to not give a shit, I guess..