OT Poll!!!! Who wins???

Page 2 of 5  
wrote:


Invade Mexico? Don't you have it backwards Mac? With Osama, Mrs Anklepants or McCain, all those invaders will become welcome citizens, won't they?
FMB (el Norte Mexico)
--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com


Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
FMB wrote:

The only one who believed in enforcement first was Thompson and he's out. Everyone else is a sell out to the illegals.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

And thank God for that.

Please explain.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

Theres a reason why neither Dem nor Rep leaders will combat illegal immigration despite the overwhelming public demand that they do. The public wants enforcement first. Politicians do not. You've told me why the Reps don't but the Dems do not as well and it has nothing to do with compassion which illegals do not deserve anyways.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote in message

Again Miles, you didn't answer the question. What exactly do you mean by 'combat'? Are you talking about primarily securing the borders and stopping the inflow or also attempting to locate all the ones already here and toss them out as well?

LOL, the term 'enforcement' can also mean many different thing to many different people so while I agree with your words, me and everyone else that agrees with your words could all be talking about very different things. Politicians also have to deal with the fallout that will come from doing this regardless of what is actually done.

Who made you God where you can make the claim as to who does and doesn't deserve compassion and unless you are now a hard left democrat, how do you know exactly what their motivation is? My wife is about as far left as you are right (it that's possible) and her only real issue with hunting them down and kicking them out is breaking up families so I would say that compassion is a primary reason the dems don't do it. I doubt that it is the only one but probably #1 on the list.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

I pretty much did state what I meant. I said ENFORCEMENT first. We have laws. Enforce them.

Not really. The majority do NOT want amnesty nor the BS that Bush or the Dems say is not amnesty (It is).

Yep, and thats why the refuse to enforce the laws. They pander to illegals.

lol, you're just about as far left as they come despite your claims! Families are not forced to be broken up. Anyone can go to Mexico and stay together. Making this an excuse to pander to them is exactly why they keep coming. They know people like you will never enforce the law and they have a nice comfy place where people pander to their illegal status.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote in message

You really should be a politician Miles as you also never give a straight answer. Are you talking about prevention or prevention and exportation and if you are talking exportation, how exactly are you going to do it and with what money?

LOL, how would you know? You are far from the majority on most issues.

No, they like keeping their jobs.

Once again, your extreme right bias does the talking as demonstrated by your selection for a presidential candidate. the fact that he did so poorly shows how far out of the majority and to the right of even your party that you are.

If it were so great in Mexico, why did they come here.

LOL, what planet did you come from. They keep coming because their standard of living is worse than our homeless and we don't do a good job of stopping them.

Sorry Miles, but once again you don't know WTF you are talking about. I have said more than once that I have no problem sending them on their way and properly closing down the borders. It's people like you that say one thing and do the complete opposite because you know that if it really happens, that wealth will wind up getting redistributed from the rich to the middle class and poor because American workers will not do those jobs for the poverty wages that the illegals will do it for.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Suddenly, without warning, TBone exclaimed (2/9/2008 2:46 PM):

I suspect this may be the base of the problem. Comes down to business controlling our gov't again. If we got illegal immigration under control and removed those that are here illegally, the businesses that rely on these immigrants would 1)have problems finding employees 2) have to pay them a fair wage. They of course don't want to do either, but use #1 as an excuse. I've seen that: "we'll go out of business if you take the illegals away". Wah. Shouldn't have gotten yourself in that fix in the first place.
And if Americans will no longer do those jobs, we have only ourselves to blame. When I was young, I worked in fast food. For years, until I got out of college. And worked as a janitor, not to mention other "menial", low paying, jobs. So did all my classmates. Now, it's all immigrants that fill those jobs (in parts of Northern VA, you practically have to speak Spanish to order fast food), because our kids no longer are willing to do such "menial" jobs. Damn, what have we (well not me I've no kids) been teaching these kids, anyway?
I like Australia's system. If you want to emigrate here, you have to prove you have a useful skill, that Australia needs/wants. If you try to sneak in (attempted illegal immigration is by boat and plane here, for obvious reasons) and you get caught, you're out within 24 hours, usually on the next plane.
Even if your paperwork is all right, if they suspect for any reason you're here to work rather than be a tourist: next plane to where you came from. Period.
They regularly course businesses that historically hire illegal immigrants too, check their passports, and take them *right then* and send them on a plane home if they're illegal.
I understand about "tired, poor, huddled masses" but think, sadly, that things are out of control, and we really need to do things like the Aussies do.
jmc
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I would only add that we also protect our southern border the way Mexico protects theirs.
Ken
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
NapalmHeart wrote:

Yep! We should also adopt Mexico's immigration laws and employment laws for immigrants.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

But Miles, that goes against what you just said. When we were talking about breaking up families you said that was not an issue as anyone can go to Mexico. The problem now seems that children of those immigrants born here are American citizens and sending them to Mexico would also be a form of illegal immigration.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

Not so. If they were born to Mexican citizen parents then they are also Mexican citizens.
I also feel the constitution should be amended such that in order to be an American citizen at least one parent must be a legal US citizen.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I agree or at least be in the process of becoming one.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

What part of 'LAWS' with regards to illegals to you just not get? I stated we should not pander or give ANYTHING to illegals. I said ENFORCEMENT first. Get rid of the incentives for them to be here and to illegally enter and they will go. Enforce laws such as AZ is doing where business can be shut down if they knowingly hire illegals. Stop the hand outs at tax payer expense to support these illegals.

Being against your far left ways does not equate to far from majority. On this issue its pretty clear people do not want amnesty and pandering to illegals.

Thompson had a lousy campaign. He didn't get his voice out there as the rest of them. It wasn't his policies. McCains policies are far worse and he was billed to be almost at collapse a few months ago because of his out of touch policies. Yet, today he's the front runner.

See TBone, you've never really traveled around Mexico and are clueless aren't you? Mexico is not the run down poor trashy country without jobs as so many like yourself tend to believe. The Mexicans that come here to the USA are far different than the mainstream of Mexico. Those that come here illegally are mostly uneducated, unwanted by the Mexican society. So yes, they come here because they can find free handouts and people like yourself that will support them.

There are jobs in Mexico for those that want to work for them without the aid of social hand outs. You really have no clue as to what Mexico is like. I travel there often and have family who live and work in Mexico. They are doing quite well.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Miles,
I know some people that are thinking about wintering in Mexico during retirement. Do you know about access to quality medical facilities/treatment there?
Thanks,
Ken
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Ken, Mac moved there not that long ago and seems to really enjoy it.
Roy
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I'm sure that he does as the cost of living there is nothing compared to here which pushes him to a much higher standard of living.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

That is true. Whats your point? Money goes a lot further in Mexico for both Americans and Mexicans and anyone else.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

You are shooting yourself in the foot Miles. How exactly does money go farther there? If people have money, then they tend to spend it and consumption goes up. Supply and demand dictates that if demand goes up, supply goes down and prices go up. The laws of economics do not support you here.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

It also depends on the elasticity of supply and demand.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.