OT Poll!!!! Who wins???

Page 4 of 5  
TBone wrote:


Yes TBone, you really do need to do that. I have. Mexico is NOT the poor trashy run down country so many Americans believe it to be. Spend many years traveling all over Mexico, meeting the locals etc. Then get back to us.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I agreed with everything but the last line... Does he REALLY have to get back to us?
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
mac davis wrote:

lol, ya, didn't think of that!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Sorry Miles, but reality doesn't match what you say. If it were so great and free health care (according to Mac), then why would they come here or flood southern Cal for medical care. Why would they be willing to work so hard for so little money? I'm sure that there are plenty of nice places in Mexico and I never said that the whole country is a slum or a disaster but the poor there are really poor and are willing to do just about anything to live better, including abandoning their country to come here where it is becoming more than obvious that they are not wanted.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

You have no clue TBone. You have no idea whom comes here and who stays in Mexico.
> Mexico and I never said that the whole country is a slum or a disaster but

The poor in Mexico aren't much worse and sometimes better than the poor here. It's quite common to see a ramble shack of a home with dirt floor and a sheet for a doorway. Outside is parked a brand new truck. Different priorities there.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

And you have once again completely failed to answer the question.

LOL, yea, sure.

What are or country are you talking about?
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

Thats Mexico TBone. That is the difference in cultures and very much a reality in Mexico to see that. Thats how they can pay similar prices for food, utilities, gas etc. than we do here. They forgo much of a home even though housing is much cheaper there. Instead they buy a shiny new truck. Very different priorities in their culture. You won't believe it nor understand it until you go there.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote in message

Fine, the reason that I asked is that I see the same damn ting here in the US.

Very much a reality here as well so what exactly is the difference???

They pay it because that is what it costs and they have no choice. Food staples do not have a huge mark-up. Many of the illegals come here because they simply can't afford to stay there so once again, thanks for backing up my point.

They forgo it Miles because they can't afford it and food which is why housing is so much cheaper there.

Their priorities are not all that much different. They buy those trucks because if required, they can live in them and if they have to leave to go somewhere else to survive, they can use them to get there and hopefully, use them to make a living.

I see the same things happening here Miles. Perhaps you should pull your head out of your butt and look around here as well.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

NO TBone. Housing is cheap in Mexico and cars are more expensive than here. Yet they will gladly buy a brand new top end 4x4 truck before they will buy or even rent a decent place to live. They could easily get a nice house and forgo the expensive truck and get a used vehicle but they do not. Your theory is WRONG. It's a culture difference on priorities and not a financial decision.

Oh please. They have a truck that seats 4 and have 9 kids. Different culture, different priorities than here in the USA TBone. Go there and see for yourself instead of making a fool of yourself arguing about something you have never even witnessed yourself.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

What exactly are you replying to. Both statemements above are yours, LOL!

I am not arguing with you on that point as I see the same thing here in the US. What counts is the reason for it and you have yet to answer that one and cultural differences is not the answer as there are reasons for that as well.

You can hide behind the cultural BS all that you want. These cultural differences happen for a reason Miles.

LOL, do you mean like feeding their children. How do you feed a family of 11 on $20 a day if food costs the same there as it does here?

Seeing something and understanding the reason for it are two very different things Miles.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Because it's a bird? or is that "chirp"?
One of the many reasons that it's less expensive is that we don't have any of those bull shit law suits here with millions of dollars in "punitive" damages.. You know (of course) that most of the cost of medical treatment in the States in for malpractice insurance..
The doctors here are assisted with med school and have to spend time in rural areas to "pay back' the cost of their education... Not having huge student loans to repay, they can charge a lot less than US medical professionals..

No Shit..

Well, I see that you know more about this than I do, T.. as usual.. Your head must hurt from having so much information in it..
This is insurance for gringos.. the Nationals don't NEED it because they get public health care.. I'd guess that I've been a lot further into the "country" than you have and met more Mexicans than the ones that mow your lawn.. I'd guess that even if we stayed inside our "little retirement community" we'd see a lot more of Mexico than you do on the history channel.. If you bother to re-read the question, it was about healthcare for travelers, not conditions of the country or anything else that you have half assed knowledge of..

I'm glad you filled me in on that.. being an expert and all.. thanks.. it's always amusing to hear what the world looks like from your viewpoint, though it would smell better if your head wasn't so far up your ass..

And you know that from experience? What color IS the sky in your world, T? My doctor has "trying to build a business" in San Felipe for 30 years.. but I guess you already knew that, too..

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
NapalmHeart wrote:

It depends on where you go. Major hospitals in Mexico have highly skilled Dr's every bit as good as in the USA. Most major cities have decent health services. You may feel more comfortable in areas with large numbers of American retirees such as San Carlos, Ensenada etc.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I try to stay out of the Miles -Tbone love fest but the above is a very good point.
Please continue gentlemen.<G>
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Yup.. lots of really nice trucks and SUV's running around this area, and a lot of homes that are bigger and nicer than ours..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I see lots of the illegal Mexicans in the prison I work in...and I'm in Michigan.
Ken
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

IT seems so until you open your eyes and look at the big picture.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

lol, yep. He agreed with me that you have no clue as to what Mexico is like!! Your narrow view is not the big picture!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
----- Original Message -----
Newsgroups: alt.autos.dodge.trucks Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2008 8:56 AM Subject: Re: OT Poll!!!! Who wins???

I agree with you completely here but you have still not addressed the issue of what to do with the ones already here. Greedy business owners are still going to hire them, even in Arizona and their life here is still going to be better than where they came from so most are not just going to leave.

Sorry Miles, but with your bias you wouldn't have a clue.

You keep thinking that if it makes you feel better. Thompson simply was the farthest to the right out of all of them which is of course why you felt he had the best policies but most of America doesn't agree with you. While I agree that his campaign was far from the best, he was still in the national debates and people knew what he was about. Edwards was the farthest to the left and also didn't have a great campaign which is why he is also out of the picture. People are tired of extremist like yourself and McCain is far from that.

Again, with your greed and extreme right wing bias I can see why you would think that but most of your party would not agree with you and out of the group, he really does have the best chance of winning. the only one that could possibly beat him is Hillary but the Dems will probably screw that up as well and nominate Obama.

Sorry Miles, but the numbers of people comming here every day from there betray you. Many of them are hard working people (the reason so many American businesses hire them) and that as well betray's your bullshit. Unless most Mexicans are stupid idiots that their society rejects, this is just more of your biased single minded thinking. I'm sure that there are many nice areas in Mexico buit there are many not so nice ones (dirt poor) as well and the majority do not live in the best ones.

LOL, it seems that you either have family in every part of the world or you are just full of shit and I'm beginning to believe much more the latter. But even if that were true, I'm sure that they went over there with what would be a considerable amount of money over there and either opened up their own businesses or are working for an American company in higher positions where their salaries are well above the average for the typical Mexican. Either way Miles, it's all relative. What is considered big money over there probably couldn't get you a single room flat in many areas here in the US so it makes sense for them to come here, live in what we would and do consider poverty but to them is still much better than where they came from, save what would be considered a fortune over there and a small nest egg here, and then go back when they retire and live the good life on what would probably only last a few years here.
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

Yes I did. Take away the reasons they are here and they will leave. If they can't work, can't get free hand outs etc. then they will leave.

Wrong. Scores of them have already left. Some small business owners have complained but most are not. The larger businesses are not joining in the legal appeals process. If it was such a big deal to these greedy companies then they would be funding the lawyers and they are not.

So Edwards is out because of his far left policies that most of America doesn't agree with? I agree thats one reason. But like Thompson he wasn't front and center with his campaign. Both were not covered as much in the media. They traveled to far fewer cities campaigning as Clinton, OBama and McCain.

People don't want extremists such as yourself as well. McCain doesn't know who he wants to be. He has flipped flopped all over if you compare his views over the last 7 years to his decades of voting records in the senate.

Ya know TBone, you keep ranting about my bias and ignore your own far left radical bias. Ya, I know, you're a progressive liberal moderate conservative. If I'm so greedy and love greedy corporations then why am I so strongly against importing cheap illegal labor?

I agree because McCain's been touting a rather moderate campaign. But look at his senate record and you'll see he's very different that what you hear on his campaign.

I don't like Obama at all but he's better than another Clinton.

Oh ya? Then why are our countries prisons FILLED with illegals convicted of hard core crimes? They're not there because of immigration issues. Look TBone, you have not toured Mexico for years at a time. You do not have Mexican relatives. You are clueless as to whats down south of the border. Until you go there your arguments are worthless. There is money and jobs in Mexico. Far more than you realize.

The majority do not live in the dirt poor areas either. Not even close. It's similar to here although there are fewer very very rich Mexicans.

Not every part but I do have family in Mexico. As a teen I spent my entire summers there. My sister in law is Mexican and her family lives there. My folks are retired in Mexico. My sister owns a house there and my brother is building one. Deal with it. Is this your argument for your own lack of knowledge about Mexico?

My sister in law and her family are born and raised in Mexico so your theory is false.

You don't know much about Mexico!! Americans can't get jobs in Mexico let alone own their own business there. There are some major hoops one can jump through but it isn't easy to do.

Sigh. TBone, why do you keep trying to argue about a country that you simply do not know anything about?

Wrong. Things aren't that much cheaper in Mexico. Homes and land are although Americans can't own land in many areas of Mexico. If people are so poor in Mexico then staple goods such as food, clothing etc would be far cheaper than here. They are not and the stores are doing just fine with their sales.
, live in what we would and

Wrong. Most in Mexico do not live in poverty by our standards nor theirs. There you go again clueless about Mexico. Most in Mexico have nice comfortable homes, cars, trucks and some great food on their table!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Very good point.

Sooo true.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.