OT: price for 1987 Chrysler original service manuals? -- all 3

Hi guys! LOL on the OT!

this is not too OT but then Roy actually was really asking about his garage floor i think ;-)

anyway, i posted this week on our local ott.forsale.vehicles for a 85-88 p-u Chrysler manual and had in mind about $50 cdn (what's that 25 cents US?) -- and no, something came up and i can't pick up the o2 sensor until more money comes in so i still have an old truck that wants to go to pasture this guy has "the 1987 Chrysler original service manuals....3 books weighing over 7 lbs." and says, "I recently ordered the service manuals for my Chevrolet Venture van and they cost me over $250. new" and how much can I pay for all 3? poor guy -- did his wife [make] him buy it?

I would like to get them if I can. I am wondering if $100 CDN is fair or not? I really hadn't though about getting them all but since I have two 86's in decent shape and may get a parts one for the current parts one and have a mostly 82 4x4 for which i have one 81 Chrysler manual, and a 74 4x4 parts truck, and am likely to stay with these trucks until they become one, I really should buy them all. I do ramble don't I...

According to yesterday's conversions this is $87 USD

any help is much appreciated

rachel

Reply to
Rachel Easson

Oh, sorry Roy, it was Denny looking for abuse!

Reply to
Rachel Easson

Nope! The person asking how to repair the garage floor in a manner that would stand up to the weight of his fat ass was the wide ride rabbit/Denny.

Trust me I will come up with my own mindless ot stuff.

Been thinking about your situation. Somebody here offered to scan and send the pages you needed iirc. Why not take him up on his offer? Others here have the fsm and other manual's that I'm sure they would send you the relevant pages that contain the info you need. Still othere have the knoweledge to talk you through what ya have to do. Tom Lawrence, Denny, Max, Budd, and others have info and more importantly experience in a ton of repairs and r&r's. It would be quicker than selling one thing to buy another, at least it would do until situations improve. Just my thought.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

That was BigIronRam I will if I need to -- still waiting for money to pay for the o2 sensor -- said i'd keep him posted and let him know if i can't do this w/o the pages -- i am getting some help if i can afford the sensor this w/e

Others here

cool -- i didn't want to be much trouble but you are right -- in the short term this is better and manuals will come along again Thank you, Roy

rach

Reply to
Rachel Easson

There's one on eBay right now, going cheap, nope, not mine, don't know the seller. Item number 8032065597, hurry!

Reply to
BigIronRam

thanks -- will check out. also bought the sensor this afternoon (2 1/2 hour return bus trip) rach

Reply to
Rachel Easson

really sorry -- can't -- need to get credit card -- expires jan31 -- new one probably in mailbox -- should be back on ebay next week -- no bids -- so will get card for then

Reply to
Rachel Easson