OT Reply I got from....

Page 5 of 6
I have never said I was innocent, but I am a sinner that has been forgiven.

--
Budd Cochran

Do you really believe that??? In order to be forgiven, you need to accept that you have sinned and then regret doing it. If you actually regretted committing the sins that you made, you would at least make an effort to stop committing the same ones and so far, you have done no such thing.

"Budd Cochran" <mr-d150@preciscom SPAM.net> wrote in message
Budd Cochran wrote:

You are still sinning. It hasn't stopped. Denying that makes you blind and arrogant.

Since you're intent on basing your objection based on scripture, perhaps you might want to read Genesis 2:7
"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."
This clearly states that life begins witrh the first breath, not at the moment of conception.

interesting I wouldn't have thought of looking there (Genesis) right off "if I was going get into the argument" witch I'm not, but interesting none the less. also a while back I posted some scripture about fruitless and futile arguments but I see those were ignored as this has continued as long as it has. I also find that interesting.
now these are just my observations, and as such are to be taken as exactly that.
--
----------------------------
-Chris

The logic of two ears and one mouth is frequently lost on some posters. This reaction may also be interesting?
Chris Thompson wrote:

Respectfully, Chris, perhaps the reason your post was ignored was *because* you used scripture to make the point. We have Fuhrer Cochran cramming scripture down our throat ... using all of the classic horseshit that organized religion uses: guilt and fear.
Fighting fire with fire is rarely the solution, especially when it comes to religion. Even among like-minded individuals.

I think everyone agrees that they are simply making observations as well.
I had a solution: only talk about trucks in a.a.d.t. But that was laughed at. Maybe if I put it in scripture format?
Craig 1:1 - And finally on the tenth day of the fort-night of the 40th hour past the autumn passover, ye shall grant me 50 beautiful, female virgins, weighing not more than 130 lbs. and not less than 110 lbs.
Craig 1:2 - Do not mock me, a.a.d.t. shall be for truck talk. So I say, so it shall be done.
Don't make me go "fundamental" on ya.
:-) Craig C.

yes but we both know who i aimed it at. although i honestly believe its good advice for everyone, i was just laying a reminder out for those who claim familarity with the book.

agreed. that method is best left to actual fire fighting.

lol you going fundamental means what? your gonna rebuild a 225? or your going to go back to driving a mechanical 12 valve???? *big grin*

Chris Thompson wrote:

Fair enough.

No, that's medieval, not fundamantel.
:-) Craig C.

And just think how much more fun it would have been if you actually won a few of them, LOL!

Budd Cochran wrote:

Now if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black.
Bob
No, it isn't PKB at all.
I believe the Bible to be inspired and inerrant and does not need "special" or "modern" interpretation.
But you do need to read it in a prayerful, worshipful manner.
--
Budd Cochran

Budd Cochran wrote:

I call it as I see it. And you're blind as a bat.
Bob

The Bible is much like a human being, torture it long enough and it'll say anything you want it to.
Budd Cochran wrote:

Do you believe that donating organs upon death (car accident, etc) is wrong?
Craig C.
--
Facts [fakts] -noun: The pesky things that get in the way of religious
doctrine.

Well, its not "pure speculation" as you term it. Its a known fact that stem cells can be implanted and therefore "coded" to produce different types of tissue. The question isn't so much one of "can it be done", but one of "how can we use this knowledge."
As such, the experimentation isn't one of making a cell into something, but how to get that something into a usable form. In conducting experiments, stem cells are needed as part of the process. Once encoded, they cannot be reused. Thus stem cells become a necessary supply, much like the other elements of the experiment.

Given that the federal government has seen fit to fund many different types of research on a wide array of human illness, the lack of funding to stem cell research isn't based on monetary reasons, but ethical reasons. The fact still remains:
Abortion is not part of the stem cell research issue. Sadly, many politicians do not realize this, nor do their rabid constituants.
--
Max

Re " lack of funding to stem cell research". You have used the common tactic of combining two subjects. There is considerable funding for adult stem cell research.

I didn't mention abortion at all. Changing the subject entirely is another common tactic.
So, do you work for MSNBC?

Considerable funding that is opposed at every turn. Funding that has yet to match that given to cancer or other types of research.

Abortion is a common excuse for the conservative zealots to oppose stem cell funding. Thus my mention of it was a reason for the lack of funding, not in response to your ill-informed POV.

No, do you work for Fox?
--
Max

Max,
I am completely with you on stem cell research. There is so much good that can come from it! If people would just take the time to actually research it and study it, maybe the ignorance behind it would go away. Think about all the other diseases that we have cures for today, they all had to come from some form of study and research program.