OT Sold It!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 12
After almost 10 months of unreal bs we finally sold the house in MA!!!
Free at last!!!!

I cringe at the thought of how much food that 1.8 mil will buy you. I cringe even more at how fast you'll devour that pile of food.... <GBFG>
Denny

Just think of all the sliders! Echhhh.......... <BFG>
Roy

Just remember your old snow plow buddy when you start ordering..... <BG>
Denny

Snow plow???? WTF is that ?? <BFG>
Roy

I'm going to start selling Fishers in your neck of the woods: "High-tech parking aids" and "Professional Grill Protectors".
I'm sure I'll corner the market!

Snow??
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Cool... Did it close already, or is it a "pending sale"?
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Closed on it Tuesday, money is in the bank. Of course now it will take some more serious thought as to how to put it to work where it will be secure and realize a decent return.
Roy

Decent return? In today's depression that may be a dream. <g>
PeterD wrote:

Much of that is a myth. My 401K gained 9.5% in the past year. While thats considerably lower than it's been in a few years it's certainly not bad at all.
Well Miles, I really want to know what magical 401K you are using as most of the people that I know actually lost some money last quarter.

"miles" < snipped-for-privacy@nopers.com> wrote in message
Tbone, gaining 9.5% over a year means that it was a down year. Its not magical, simply well managed. In a good year, gains can be well over 12%, which is the average gain for the market in a year.
--
Max

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, he is not entitled to his own
Max Dodge wrote:

Yep, I've been averaging 12-15% a year the past 5 years or so. This past year was below but not bad. Most that know what they're doing are just fine but the media keeps telling people how bad things are so they believe it.
Exactly. Its not as bad as the media makes it out to be, and the market, despite its ups and downs, offers many opportunities to those who are skilled and plan well.
--
Max

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, he is not entitled to his own

It almost never is... Used to really piss me off when I was in real estate...
If the media decides that it's a slow/bad market, it becomes one... "Perception becomes reality"
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
TBone wrote:

Last 1/4? I said I gained 9.5% APR over the past year. From Jan-Mar it did drop slightly. However, April was a VERY strong month with gains that wiped out any Jan-Mar losses. May has seen only slight gains so far. I'm with Fidelity and Vanguard.
Thank you for the reply Miles. I'm going to take a look at them and see what they have to offer. I am not currently thrilled with Morgan Stanely at the moment.

"miles" < snipped-for-privacy@nopers.com> wrote in message

What percentages is it made up of?
Roy wrote:

I move things around a bit as market shifts. Right now I'm at the following:
50% Domestic stocks 15% Foreign stocks 21% Bonds 14% short term
My portfolio is currently inline with the Wilshire 5000 index.