OT Sold It!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, according to you, your area is simply the place to be. If that is true, then where are all of these engineers? Are you saying that they no longer exist??? Gee, what could possibly cause that?

For an experienced engineer, depending on the area of experience it is far from a high salary

Well, with it's high population density..... you figure it out.

I said that you were slightly above entry level and while that may be a bit of an exaguration,mit is hardly a stunning salary what would cause many to uproot and move down there.

Rather clear and clear are two different things.

I am fully aware of that. My point is that we have the ability to get water from this area as well as other areas such as our own mountians and we still have water supply issues during times of drought from over building.

The point is that as it grows, those reserves and their ability to sustain a drought are reduced. Then when you add on idiots that try and turn the desert into Florida or some tropical resort.....

Actually, I asked to see if you could explain it and as I thought, you couldn't.

LOL, they pay less because the cost of living is less.

Reply to
TBone

And this would be different from you in what way???

Reply to
TBone

Miles, Tbone doesn't quote ANY stats.

On the other hand, you are correct, he discounts any stats he disagrees with, no matter the source.

Reply to
Max Dodge

THis would be different from Miles in that you haven't provided any figures for him to refute, factually, or like you, just because you don't like them.

Reply to
Max Dodge

There is a shortage of skilled mechanical, structural and electronic engineers nationwide. It's not unique to Phoenix.

Depends on the job itself. But now you're spun from saying below average to saying not a high salary. Good grief!

Much of the east cost is densly populated but its growth rate is very low and many cities are falling. Meanwhile the west has been growing rapidly in most years. You figure it out.

Far clearer than NJ which is one polluted state! Course many areas export all their smog and crap elsewhere. Cities like San Francisco being on the coast do much the same thing. Having clear air doesn't mean they don't produce a ton of crap. NJ is one of the worst. I've been in Newark. It wasn't even 'rather clear'.

Arizona hasn't had such water problems even in Phoenix with it's over 3 million metro area population. So what are you talking about water issues in the desert for? Your area has far worse problems.

Thats true nationwide. However, Arizona has much more water than most. They've developed a much better water system that works and is currently being expanded. In states such as California they have water problems, mostly caused by political roadblocks that have prevented increased water storage etc.

ROFLMO!!! You honestly do not understand what MEDIAN means!!! You are the one that stated that median income figures were skewed by a few very high income people. That proves you are clueless as to what median means.

Partly but it doesn't usually balance out.

Reply to
Miles

Very different. I use the same stats to show how our economy has been doing the past 7 years as was used in the 90's. You on the other hand tout the great economy of the 90's using those same stats but discounted them the past 7 years.

Reply to
Miles

He showed the stats to prove how great the economy was in the 90's yet discounted them when they showed a strong economy after 2000.

Reply to
Miles

If this number is based on all mortages, then it is of little value.

Being the most correct available and actually being correct can be two very different things. But even if they are 100% correct, so what? Unemployment numbers have little meaning in todays economy and basing the mortgage default level on a percentage of all mortgages is misleading and again, have no meaning in todays economy.

LOL, like you would or even could admit to being wrong about anything.

Talk to your own Governor and get back to me.

Reply to
TBone

Of course not, a Republican was in the White house, and Congress was Republican controlled, nothing could be going right.

Reply to
Max Dodge

No numbers yet, I see. Let me know when you have something to say that has value.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Sorry Max, but I know you all to well. No matter what numbers I post, you will just spin it or deny seeing it and you are simply not worth the trouble. Funny how the Governor of your State seems to see the big picture and the real problems as well as just about every financial instution on the plannet. They may not all fully agree on the cause but they do see that there are problems. The fact that you post and rely on numbers that you can't even explain say's it all Max. Bye-bye

Reply to
TBone

Thing is, you label everyone a liberal or democrat if they don't agree with you. I swear miles, reading your nonsense is exactly like turning on the TV and listening to to our fearless leader speak about ... anything.

One dumbass is enough, frankly.

Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

hey Craig haven't seen ya post anything in a while. how ya doin man?

Still bustin my butt on school work and family stuff here.

Reply to
Christopher D. Thompson

I'm great. You?

Keep up the good work. I dropped out in the Fall of 2007 due to taking a new job, getting married and buying a home. I'm hoping to get back to it this Fall. Haven't needed to post anything here. At $4.69 per gallon for diesel, my truck sits in the driveway 29 out of

30 days per month. The wife drops me off at work every morning. :-)

BTW ... did you have as many problems with the torque converter recall on your Liberty CRD? It was dangerous to drive ... it kept lurching forward when coming to a stop. Finally, after a heated call to Chrysler, they agreed to put a whole new torque converter in it. No problems since.

Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

getting along, lost the house, had a baby, tore up a truck... ya know LIFE! catchin up on school work like i said, OT at work then my wife going into the hospital got me so far behind i may never see the light of day now. i'll spend the bulk of tomorrow doing shell scripts and taking tests to catch up. OH THE JOY OF IT!

She's home now and recovering so hopefully life can return to its usual hectic nature from the total chaos of recent history.

no just had the weird in and out of lockup problem (like it was trying but couldn't hold lockup) they replaced the converter under the recall and my problem went away. had the #3 glow plug die twice then no problems since (up till i sold it, long story miss that little truck)

My 05 is no more either. bought then sold a F350 now i've got a little YJ as my play toy. My wife has the 99 Durango again (bought it back from the inlaws) I'll keep it till the end of time, plan is to get her a little gas saver and only use the durango when we MUST haul more than 4 or 5 people. or for those occasions when only something like the durango will get the job done. i've got my eye on one of the Suzuki cars, there's a dealer near me and they have the little 37mpg jobs (EPA estimate) for around 12K new with one heck of a warr. sporty looking little thing.

Reply to
Christopher D. Thompson

No numbers on your part means no grasp of the concepts, no proof of the claims, and no brains behind the mouth.

Post away.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Nah, just one or two. If the shoe fits! Your stereotypical rhetoric above shows just that.

Reply to
Miles

He doesn't understand numbers anyways. He's confused as to the meaning of Median and Average numbers when he stated that Median income levels are falsely skewed by a few very rich individuals.

Reply to
Miles

Oh ouch. You really know how to hurt a guy. BTW, just how long has it been since you've been laid?

Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

True. That and his failure to grasp the K&N percentages (3% is 50% larger than 2%), along with helium being weightless, prove to me that Tbone would like to have everyone think he knows far more than he does.

What it comes down to is that people such as myself still have our investments, our pay is enough to deal with the problems we have despite fuel costs, and some of us are able to take advantage of all the foolish "liberal" failures of economics.

Reply to
Max Dodge