OT Sold It!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 8 of 12
Max Dodge wrote:

Housing didn't crash. It corrected itself from a very over inflated few years. I suppose there is/was a crash from the money poured into these years and then lost. Same thing happened with the stock market bubble of the 90's.

Actually, no it isn't.

LOL, I guess that depends on your definition of terrible.

I agree that fuel prices are making things much worse.

First you say that the housing market is not to blame and then you tie the blame to the housing market. Please make up your mind.

Just because the economy hasn't crashed doesn't make it good for everyone or even most people. As for the stock market, in todays "global economy" the stock market is more based on the world economy, not the US economy.

And don't believe everything you see on Fox news either.

TBone wrote:

Nor CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC etc. None are the truth. They're what they want you to believe. The weak minded buy it.

LOL, get real Miles.

TBone wrote:

Oh ya, Fox is lies, CNN, CBS, ABC and NBC are all the truth huh? Too funny!

It's not a matter of truth or lies Miles, it's a matter of bias.

TBone wrote:

Yep, and if Fox is biased, so is CBS. But to liberals that just ain't so! It's biased if it has reports they disagree with. CBS is one of the most biased there is, but since it doesn't report much right wing stories you'll easily disagree! Thats the truth!
Lets hear it for bias, since that is the only way Tbone will have of making these numbers go away....
AP says that the number of houses in foreclosure in April was 1 in 519.
AP also reports that inflation dropped in the first quarter.
And if y'all would like, I'll see if my source at the PA Dept of Labor and Industry will forward me a report.
--
Max

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, he is not entitled to his own
Max Dodge wrote:

He's also telling me Phoenix is a place few want to live. Yet, April saw considerable growth in the housing industry despite the so called massive number of foreclosures. Drive by media is the liberals best friend!

LOL, where exactly did I say that Phoenix is a place where few want to live? I said that it does take a more specific desire to want to live there then many other places and that is true. As for the housing market, we have hoses that have been sitting on the market for years and yet they are back to building more so I guess you could say that the housing indistry is growing here as well. Funny how the house next door to me went into foreclosure.

TBone wrote:

So tell me why Phoenix has had one of the highest growth rates in the country? Per the census.gov site, Phoenix grew 20.2% from 2000 to 2006. Average for the nation was 6.4%. Your statement is bogus and clueless!

Once again Miles, you resort to fuzzy math and are the one who is both bogus and clueless but you do make me laugh. You are comparing a specific area to a national average, LOL!

TBone wrote:

20% growth means few like it here huh? Good grief! Talk about fuzzy math! The area has sustained a very high growth rate for decades and yet you continue to argue about what you are clueless on. Well, you do that a lot!

LOL, you really do like to spin. How exactly can you have such high growth and at the same time, be one of the highest in property value declines as reported on MSNBC yesterday? My thinks you are full of shit. Perhaps Miles, you are having a hard time finding people is because you have a bad reputation. Good recruters and networks know and talk about the compensation and working conditions of companies in a given area and the skilled workers that you are looking for talk to and are part of these organizations, espesially the ones moving into a new area.

TBone wrote:

20% is growth!! Lots of it! What MSNBC failed to tell you was the amount of increase in values prior. Phoenix saw the largest increases in the housing bubble in the country. As you said, that led to massive speculator buying and also a large price correction now. However, from Jan. to April of this year saw an increase in new home construction, not a loss as the rest of the country is still experiencing. You still arguing that Arizona and Phoenix are not traditionally popular high growth areas?

That is correct as far as increases go but you cannot have both falling prices and rapid growth at the same time unless Phoenix is either being populated by idiots or they are still building far more houses than are needed. If demand is high, then prices either hold or go up, not down unless the supply is even greater but even then, why would you buy when it is almost a guarantee that you will lose money due to falling prices? Sorry Miles, but something just doesn't make much sense here!

New housing means nothing unless you have buyers for it and that's only going to happen if you have a limited supply of available housing or you don't mind building them at a loss.

TBone wrote:

Um, true...so? Yet Phoenix is seeing positive growth rate and slowly rising house prices right NOW. Most of the country is still negative. Yet you still argue that Phoenix isn't a place where people want to be.

Sorry Tom, argue all you want but Phoenix is seeing positive growth and rising home prices NOW. Most of the country is not. Ya, Phoenix is not the place people want to be!! Too funny.

And you think that this is a good number? I would also like to know what the exact definition of this number is. Are the houses that have already been foreclosed in this nunber or just the ones in the process of foreclosure? What about the houses that have already changed owners due to foreclosures?

Dropped to what?

A report on what? With the attitude of the people up there in PA during the Democratic primary, I would say that things are not as rosey as your report would make it look. Unfortunantly, many of these reports are based on surveys that are easy to fudge the results of.

Less than one fifth of 1% are in foreclosure. Its a very good number. The exact definition of this number is... one in fivehundred nineteen houses is in foreclosure proceedings. Given that the process takes at least three months, it probably covers all of the first quarter as well.
Face it, no matter what you want to do to explain this away, you'll have to come up with at least four more houses per 500 to hit 1%, which is still well under the number you claimed was too low, 5%.

Dunno, don't care, it dropped. This proves your claim about stagflation is wrong.

What a whiner you are. Anything to claim that numbers gathered by people with far more expertise than you are wrong. For the record, my source wouldn't fudge the numbers.
--
Max

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, he is not entitled to his own

LOL, get real. Do you really think that all of the foreclosures started in the first quarter? I hate to burst your bubble, but an uncontested foreclosure can happen much faster than that. Now the bank or whatever financial may still be going after the homeowner for fines or other compensation and that could take months or even years, but the foreclosure itself could be completed within a month.

You can close your eyes as tight as you want to Max, it still has no effect on reality.

Since you cannot back up your claim, it proves nothing at all.

For the record, how do I know you even have a source. For all I know, your source could be Fox news. Any way that you want to spin it Max, people will do whatever they can to make themselves look good and figures are fudged all of the time.