OT Sold It!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 9 of 12

Ok, so if the percentage in April was 0.2%, and we allow for an average of twice that, say 0.5%, each month from August of last year, we get 5% total through May, or nine months total. You say 5% is far less than it really is. So far, AP says you are wrong. Its time for you to present real numbers, instead of refusing to look at the reported numbers.

The reality is, AP News reported the numbers, you have reported nothing. I'll take AP's report.
Dropped to what?

All you need do is look at the news reports available on Yahoo. On the other hand, you who refuses all offered numbers, have also refused to offer any of your own.

Not all the time, just when you look at them.
--
Max

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, he is not entitled to his own

What are these numbers based on Max? Is that percentage based on mortgages taken out within the last few years or all existing mortgages?

Sure you will Max because they agree with what you want to believe but you have no idea what they are based on.

LOL, I watch the news, the financial channels, CNBC, and I see what shape the banks and builders are in. Sorry Max, but you really don't have a clue.

LOL, sure Max.

AP says 0.2% of mortgages. They did not qualify the number, so it should be assumed it was all mortgages. Feel free to look up AP's story and judge for yourself.

You've reported nothing, nor have you supplied any sources. Since AP reported solid numbers based on research they've done, I'll take their numbers as the most correct available. Again.

My claim is based on an AP news story. Look it up. Then, go get your own numbers to prove me wrong.

I have a clue, and you have yet to post ANY facts or figures from your alleged sources.
--
Max

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, he is not entitled to his own

If this number is based on all mortages, then it is of little value.

Being the most correct available and actually being correct can be two very different things. But even if they are 100% correct, so what? Unemployment numbers have little meaning in todays economy and basing the mortgage default level on a percentage of all mortgages is misleading and again, have no meaning in todays economy.

LOL, like you would or even could admit to being wrong about anything.

Talk to your own Governor and get back to me.

No numbers yet, I see. Let me know when you have something to say that has value.
--
Max

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, he is not entitled to his own

Sorry Max, but I know you all to well. No matter what numbers I post, you will just spin it or deny seeing it and you are simply not worth the trouble. Funny how the Governor of your State seems to see the big picture and the real problems as well as just about every financial instution on the plannet. They may not all fully agree on the cause but they do see that there are problems. The fact that you post and rely on numbers that you can't even explain say's it all Max. Bye-bye

No numbers on your part means no grasp of the concepts, no proof of the claims, and no brains behind the mouth.
Post away.
--
Max

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, he is not entitled to his own
Max Dodge wrote:

He doesn't understand numbers anyways. He's confused as to the meaning of Median and Average numbers when he stated that Median income levels are falsely skewed by a few very rich individuals.
True. That and his failure to grasp the K&N percentages (3% is 50% larger than 2%), along with helium being weightless, prove to me that Tbone would like to have everyone think he knows far more than he does.
What it comes down to is that people such as myself still have our investments, our pay is enough to deal with the problems we have despite fuel costs, and some of us are able to take advantage of all the foolish "liberal" failures of economics.
--
Max

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, he is not entitled to his own

Percentages are really nothing more than fuzzy math that can easily be distorted which is why you love them so much. It is still a 1% total volume increase and with the volume so low, 50% more of just about nothing is still just about nothing.

LOL, helium is boyant in our atmosphere at sea level so it really depends on what definition of weight you use. I understand that this is way above you but I never said that helium has no mass and some definitions of weight equate it to mass.

Damn Max, now this is the definiton of PKB.

And this means what???? Oh yea, not a damn thing.

LOL, please repost anything were I said that. You cannot do it because I never said that. I must say that I find it funny that you make the claim that I am confused by the meanings of average and median income but when you were asked twice to define them (to see if you have a clue), you as usual were unable to do it. We went over your median income bullshit months ago when you made the claim that because median income went up that people were making more money and doing better which is now an invalid assumption which turns it into complete bullshit. The median income that you reference was based on families of 4 and included the income of all members of the family including minors. I went over many examples of where the median income of a family went up while the expendable income of that same family went down which shows that even though the family was making more money, they are not doing better which indicates that median income is a poor indicator on the state of the economy. Average income OTOH, can be more easily influenced by a few overpaid very rich individules.

TBone wrote:

You stated the following with which I know you'll spin what you meant:
>>It is so right wing of you to come up with a deceptive number like the >> median income when that number is an unweighted combination of the >> richest of the rich and the poorest of the poor.
Median income is not about the richest of the rich or the poorest of the poor. It tells what most are earning.
Your BS about it being wrong because its family income is well, BS. Thats quite easy to to dispel based on population and housing figures that don't match up to the increased median income.
wrote in message

Please explain how this figure is not influenced by either of these values.

Perhaps you should go back and look at how these figures are calculated. That's what I did, and on the site that you referenced back then.

LOL, perhaps because households that do not fit the requirements are not included. If they changed the computations, perhaps you would care to provide them. You and Max keep talking about the numbers, lets see either of you back them up for a change.

TBone wrote:

Hmm...now we're getting somewhere. You are confused as to what Median refers to. Median is the center of a distribution curve. Say we have 2 poor at $5,000/yr, 50 at $45,000/yr and 2 at $1,000,000/yr. Whats the median? Now say the rich 2 make $20,000,000/yr. Whats the median now? Understand median now? Doubt it.

In both cases the median is $45,000/yr.
Ken
According to http://inflationdata.com/inflation/Inflation_Rate/CurrentInflation.asp
Inflation is down from 3.98% in March to 3.94% in April. January was at 4.28% and February was at 4.03%. This proves that Tbones claim of stagflation is false, and his claim that inflation is rising is also false.
According to http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm
Unemployment is down a tenth of a percent, despite the first quarter's loss of 250,000 jobs. Even at that number of jobs lost, the first quarter of 2008 saw only a tenth of a percent rise in unemployment over the fourth quarter of 2007.
According to http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId 943622
Home forclosures in the worst metropolitan area were 5% in Detroit in 2007. This was 4.8 times the national average. This means the national average is just over 1%. Thus 99% of homeowners
According to http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/06/real_estate/defaults_continue_climb/index.htm
Home foreclosures in March reached 900,000, or 2.04% of all mortgages. Another 0.83% saw the process inititated. As such, less than 3% of mortgaged properties are in foreclosure.
According to Tbone, none of the above is true, and all the sources are biased.
Your turn Tbone. Post the "real" numbers.
--
Max

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, he is not entitled to his own

Perhaps you should post valid points and realistic facts.

TBone wrote:

April ended as a comparatively strong month. Will have to see if May sustained that. Thing is, you often discount any stats that go against your belief and quote those that you agree with.

And this would be different from you in what way???

THis would be different from Miles in that you haven't provided any figures for him to refute, factually, or like you, just because you don't like them.