OT: Something that doesn't happen every day.

Nothing to do with trucks, unless "Good thing I have a Dodge Truck with the tow package, because I need to buy a horse trailer" counts...

First, folks here don't know, I think, that I'm a horsewoman without a horse. That was my first career, before I started fixing computers.

I purchased 5 tickets for a raffle for a young Rocky Mountain horse at a horse expo back in January.

Much to my surprise, I found out Monday that I've actually WON him! I hardly ever win anything, so this is a big deal on a couple levels...

If there's any horsepeople here, he's a 9 month old Rocky Mountain colt (soon to be a gelding), his color is "red chocolate", and he's going to grow into a beautiful horse. Rocky Mountain horses are gaited, which means they have an extra gear, which is very smooth and non-bouncy.

I'm completely thrilled. Now, if I could just get in contact with the current owners, my week would be complete. They're being a bit elusive, I'm told because foaling season has started.

Anyway, that's my news for the week. How are y'all doing?

jmc

Reply to
jmc

Horses don't make as good as targets as cats but they'll do in a pinch.....

I suppose now that you'll be too busy with the horse to bake us cookies.......

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Gotta admit, it's funny! All happy about winning a horse...

OK, now post some pictures and let's see 'im!

Reply to
PeterD

Now, that is pretty cool!! Congratulations!!!

I know nothing about horse ownership but I would think that it can be time consuming and I would think expensive.

How do you get it home? Do they ship it or do you have to drive out to get it? I'm thinking it's time for a Cummins powered truck.

I know we have to forget the CCC's as your going to be dealing in hay and whatever else a horse eats. Of course that presents a opportunity for Denny to vary his diet.

Post some pic's please!

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Maybe the govt should do more of this, (give horses away)...

think of the economic stimulus it would generate... now you need a truck (if you didn't have one) and a trailer, a fenced in area, some kind of shady area type out building. Then all the feed and vet bills... lol

I know, just ribbing ya. FWIW, I raised cattle (cow & calf) for a while. 'least I had hopes of making money at the end of the tunnel, horses.... not so much.

Reply to
PlowBoy

I know we have to forget the CCC's as your going to be dealing in hay and

I tried sprinkling some alfalfa/clover on a slider one time........completely ruined a good White Castle....never again.....!!

I agree that we need some pics of the ole hay burner...

Denny

Reply to
Denny

I know we have to forget the CCC's as your going to be dealing in hay and

I tried sprinkling some alfalfa/clover on a slider one time........completely ruined a good White Castle....never again.....!!

I thought that anything ya added to a slider was a improvment.

I agree that we need some pics of the ole hay burner...

Denny

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Roy stuck his foot in his mouth when he said..

I'm really hoping that you ain't referring to Jodi with that statement.....

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Roy stuck his foot in his mouth when he said..

I'm really hoping that you ain't referring to Jodi with that statement.....

She knows better. And, she can tell who wrote what.

I don't know why, but since you messed with your reader your's is the only one that leaves out the >>>> on the post being replied to.

Actually it was you running your mouth that got us screwed out of the cookies.

Roy Denny

Reply to
Roy

Well, I certainly hope not. My hay burner is just a baby though - 9 months old. Photos will be forthcoming in due time - I go up on Saturday to sign paperwork and make arrangements. He'll stay at his home until late spring. I need time to find a suitable place for him here.

jmc

Who might make cookies soon to celebrate. Maybe. If I can afford the chocolate any more :)

Reply to
jmc

It does take a little time putting one in all those little dog food cans. The cans are actually quite cheap!

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Will you guys quit threatening my horse! I haven't even gotten him yet!

And: I'm the only one allowed to call him Alpo!

:)

I sign the ownership papers tomorrow. Yay!

jmc

Reply to
jmc

Good deal!!!

Have you seen this horse yet? Do you get some sort of health certification?

Where are the pic's?

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Suddenly, without warning, Roy exclaimed (3/5/2010 5:39 PM):

Yes, I've met him. He's a free horse, and the stable is reputable, so I'm not so worried about a vet check.

Patience young padwan. I have to take some first. Tomorrow.

Reply to
jmc

If someone gave you this horse,

or
it would be free. What you are getting is going to cost you (and your dear hubby) a lot. I hope you started baking to butter him up.

FMB (Stays away from owning horses and boats)

Reply to
FMB

Suddenly, without warning, FMB exclaimed (3/6/2010 12:24 AM):

FMB, oh, I well know he's going to be a money sink. I've been a horsewoman longer than I've been a geek - or a truck owner . This is a dream come true for me though, and I can afford it.

jmc

Reply to
jmc

Ya know why the Amish prefere horses? They can't eat a dead tractor!

Congrats on the new lawn mower.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Sounds like you are going to have a great time, I'm happy for ya.

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

Padwan?????????? WTH!!

No cookies in years and now she's calling me Padwan! Unfrigginbelievable!!

Jodi, it is tomorrow, where's the pic's?

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Suddenly, without warning, Roy exclaimed (3/6/2010 2:39 PM):

Here:

jmc