OT-Sonoma third door

Hey guys I can't find a GMC newsgroup and besides I know Dodge people are smarter anyway so I am sure someone can answer a silly question for me. My father passed away a couple of months ago and now my mom is selling his
2002 Sonoma extended cab. From what I have read, the third door was standard for all extended cabs in 2002. My mom says it either does not have one or will not open; she read about it in the owner's manual and still can not get it to open. Since you have to open the drivers side door to get the 3rd door open I would think there would not be a separate lock or a child-protection lock for the 3rd door, am I wrong? I don't think my mother is a total idiot and can normally manage to open doors so I'm wondering if there is something simple we are overlooking. Does the driver's side door have to be opened all the way before the 3rd door unlatches? They call the third-door a clamshell-style , if that is any help. Thanks Billy
the gm 3rd door has its own handle on the door jam itself just like the dodge products do. now if this handle isnt working i belive they had problems with either the rod or the handle. ive got some friends that owned these s10/15 trucks and both had door handle trouble with their trucks.
hope this is some help.

standard
get
door
child-protection
idiot
something
all
I think you nailed it, she found the handle but it wasn't working, must have broke, thanks for the reply. Billy