OT: (sort of) I 'fessed up -- I'm an addict!

I have to get this off my conscience!

I am still cash strapped but will have two trucks ready to go in the next 2 weeks, now shade tree season has started -- so not forever penniless.

I had planned on selling the '77 400 motor out of the powerwagon because the trans. is shot. can't sell this -- was my late hubby's baby, aka "wheelbarrow"

I plan to LIE to the guy I had sold my 400 motor for $400 cdn -- the guy had been told $400 cash no deposit, but he came a 2 hour drive with no cables, battery or tools, nor snowpants or knee-high boots, and I drove him the remainder 1 hr north into the Gatineau Mountains -- with his girlfriend in high heels.

Trouble was, I forgot to get gas, even though I brought a battery. I could have grabbed some WD-40 from the shed -- after digging out the doors again, but I did show him it turned over.

It was going to be dark soon and they were both nervous at my driving on the pot-holed, winding, snow-covered roads that had no ice -- I was going relatively slowly and taking the corners easy for them too. Also, they were getting quite cold -- esp. him, who waded behind me as I made hip-high tracks in the snow over to the Ram. So, we called it a day.

He ended up putting down a $250 deposit, and I made no security on the deposit (he could get it back) -- since I had two other interested buyers.

Well, just before the deadline for the balance, he calls back and asks me how much someone would charge to pull it out for him and load onto his trailer. I explained he would not get a trailer in there -- that's where Mac Davis's idea of a tow-truck was passed along. (Also, there was a 8 foot plow in front of the truck, frozen to the ground!) So, he didn't get back to me.

So I decided to lie to this guy -- tell him we found prestone in the motor!! I will drive the 2 hrs to his place to give him back his money

-- that should make us both feel a bit better!

This engine purred like a kitten and it has not even been started in 3 years -- and then it was only out once to carry and tow a huge amount of scrap metal and perished assorted items to the dump after a major fire. I just couldn't let her go.

So for now, I will leave the harness and 360/trans in the rotted '72 fargo W100 and plan on at least clearing my own drive and neighbour's drive this winter. I will get the body fixed on the wheelbarrow, then work on the interior, then save up to get the transmission fixed. Eventually it will get the plow.

Someone also wants to buy the 360, but I have a feeling I won't let that go either....

rach

Reply to
Rachel Easson

Rach, Shame on you for the fib. Tsk, tsk. You could have just said you changed your mind ( you don't have to give a reason, you're a woman!) And handed the money back.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

And handed the

Reply to
Rachel Easson

Hey Rachel, I checked your website and I see you have a map around Ottawa area. I see there's a town or city called Denholm

I live in Saskatchewan and there's a small village about 5 miles from my farm called Denholm.

For an unusual name like that, funny that there's two of them Dale

Reply to
Dale Yonz

Hi Dale.

Yes, it is a surprise. Denholm Quebec is a small pocket of a fairly anglophone population. The nearby food store, 10 or 15 km away actually has employees who speak English to each other.

Denholm, Scotland had its early inhabitants in the late stone age / early bronze age, and got its name in 4th century AD, which means flat river meadow by the narrow wooded valley.

rach

Dale Y> Hey Rachel, I checked your website and I see you have a map around Ottawa > area.

Reply to
Rachel Easson